5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
Published on 28 May 2012 by sophie

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
This is another terrible book. This book did not help with my exam at all, it was also a waste of money
Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 May 2012
I bought this about 3 weeks before my prose & drama engish lit exam because my teacher didn't have much time to teach the topic, so I thought I should get a guide to help me with the book... and it really did! It contains all the areas you need to know about for the exam, and in good detail unlike some guides. It also includes tips on how to write your answers for different exam boards, not just AQA. These tips were really helpful and definately helped in my preparations for the exam. The content is very good, covering context, plot, characterisation, themes, style and a seperate section with exam skills and sample essays. I don't think it matters whether you want a C or an A*, this guide is really helpful, developing your ideas and encouraging you to develop your own ideas. It definately caters for every student, offering specific points to help grade F, C and A candidates, and a further section for A*. The book itself is a little smaller than A4, but I think it's about the right size.

Honestly, I would recommend this book to any student, it is so good!! I only wish I had bought it sooner! It's structured so well and written in an easy-to-understand way as well as containing the detail needed for higher grade candidates. Do not hestitate to buy this, I think it's better than the CGP books some of my friends bought. Obviously you cannot rely on it completely, but it's a damn good help!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 3 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for English GCSE, 27 Dec 2013
Excellent study guide to use alongside study of the text. It has examples of essay questions to prepare for the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for exam practice, 13 Jun 2013
Really good book. I bought this for my son who will sit his gcse exams next term. He has looked through the book and feels confident that his grade will improve. Easy to read and understand. Explanation of chapters and authors directiveness is most welcome from my son. A positive buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 April 2013
my daughter purchased this for her lord of the flies exam next month and she says this is extremely helpful for the wjec exam. she was recommend to buy it by her school because it sets the context excellently. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a revision guide on lord of the flies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 29 Dec 2012
Helps a lot with my sons school work. Enables me to talk about the book with him to discuss the points the teacher discusses