5.0 out of 5 stars What a thoroughly lovely album......
I like The Charlatans but by no means am I a huge fan. But I read a positive review of Tim's second solo album "Oh No I Love You" and so I thought I'd chance my arm and buy it.

Published 21 months ago by Team McLaren

2.0 out of 5 stars The Only Yawn I Know
I've got all the Charlatans albums and Tim's other previous solo offering and I like them all to varying degrees, but this is bland.

Published 14 days ago by welshman10

5.0 out of 5 stars What a thoroughly lovely album......, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)

What a lovely album it is. Very un-Charlatans but at the same time you can't mistake Tim's vocals. As people have said, it's more country-tinged but, as somebody that doesn't do country, don't let that put you off. This is no hoe-down or line dancing album. It's simply a beautiful indie album with that fuses a lot of different styles that gell together beautifully.

It's an album to listen to at home on a quiet evening and to let it wash over you yet it sinks in too. Definitely not an album for listening to in the car. It's too subtle for that noisy environment.

Buy it. It's really a very beautiful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
Fantastic new album from Tim - it's slow paced, certainly compared to his work with The Charlatans, but far more interesting both musically and lyrically. He apparently recorded it in Nashville, and the country influence is in evidence all over the place. However, there's also gospel (on the uplifting final track, "A Gain") and downright pop (the single "White"). Buy it, it's an awesomely different listen that makes him sound so relevant, all over again.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Only Yawn I Know, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)

There are times, such as on "Tobacco Fields", that his voice goes so low that only certain animals can hear it. It's like he's trying to "out-low" the guy from Hope of the States. Think Crash Test Dummies' "Mmm mmm mmm mmm" at half tempo and that's what his voice sounds like. The song picks up towards the end, but it's a similar story on "A Gain", which is the ideal song for insomniacs.

There is more bad news, folks...he's taken to singing falsetto again. Wonderland is my least favourite Charlatans album because I don't particularly like that singing style. On "Anytime Minutes" his falsetto voice does actually compliment the song, as he is kind of doing a duet and harmonising with himself, but on "The Economy", his voice goes so high that my pint glass shattered and left me with a lap full of Coors Light. Tim, you ain't Barry Gibb FFS.

Forgetting the glory days of the early-mid 90s for a minute, there's no "Muddy Ground", "Blackened Blue Eyes" or "Oh! Vanity" to be found here. This album ain't in that style without the full band behind him, but there's not even a "Only A Boy" or "Oh My Corazon" either. OK, he's going for slow paced songs, but there's certainly no "Loving You Is Easy" to be found on this album.

There are a few highlights (and I'm not talking about Tim's bowl cut on the cover). "The Doors Of Then" sounds like something The Shins would release, which is no bad thing, while "The Graduate" does contain some nice harmonies and even an electric guitar.

Had this been an unknown aspiring artist releasing their debut album, I'd have voted it a 3-star effort, as most tracks are fairly listenable and not really offensive to the ears, it's just a bit boring. This is the guy that sang "Over Rising", "Jesus Hairdo" and "Crashin' In". Maybe he needs the full band with him to come up with good songs. Here, it's like he's trying to appeal to the Ed Sheeran crowd with this acoustic guitar easy listening thing and it ultimately culminates in a bit of a snoozefest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album 5 stars - Poor Extras 1 star, 5 Feb 2013
D. J. Dawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh No I Love You [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I love all The Charlatans music, i love both Tim Burgess solo albums to date.
The actual album Oh No I Love You is fantastic, no issues.
I bought the deluxe signed LP version for over 30!
My issues are with the extras in this deluxe version.
LP label says includes CD version - no CD version present. Gutted can't listen to in my car going to work.
The second vinyl is a remix ep. I'm sorry to say this is very poor. Not just the remixes but the sound quality.
I must of got a duff version, mispressed? The sound is distant and muffled.
I don't want to send back because i want the cool collectable signed edition which is now sold out.
Oh no i was ripped off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul saver, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
Probably he is hidden somewhere sometimes but you can always keep the faith in him as we need his melodies to comfort our souls

5.0 out of 5 stars hidden classic, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
very different from the charlatans. every song is beautifully written and performed. headphones and chill out classic. haven`t stopped playing it since I bought it

3.0 out of 5 stars was ok, 27 Oct 2013
Mr. P. Evans - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
Bought this ,thought was someone else to be honest ,easy good listening and worth buying especially if your a fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasha, 4 Mar 2013
N Kavanagh "Eloise" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
This album is wonderful. It's musically fresh and exciting with great arrangements. Heartfelt and very uplifting at the same time. Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
I'm a big Charlatans fan but like others have mentioned this album is very different from their music. My personal favourite track is 'Tobacco Fields' but I can honestly say there is not a bad track on the album. Have had the CD in my car for a few months now and I haven't got bored of listening to it, if anything it get's better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Oh No I Love You (Audio CD)
Having heard Tim Burgess played a lot on radio 6 one night I took the plunge and bought the album. I love it and all the songs are real "growers" and get better and better.

Oh No I Love You