on 9 February 2015
Works well in direct and evn indirect sunlight, moniroed the power levels out of the device under both conditions. Got for festival to topping up of the following item dring the day(kepy the battery pack in the boot and put this panel on the back shelf): Poweradd Pilot X6 20800mAh High Capacity Dual-Port Portable Charger External Battery Pack
on 25 August 2014
Fantastic, put it in the tent window with a 12000mAh battery bank attached during the day and then kept 2 phones and a small tablet topped up overnight. On a sunny day it filled the battery until it turned itself off, so presumably full, and on cloudy days it still generated a trickle. NP more queuing to get phones charged on the campsite!
on 10 October 2013
I was slightly worried about this product reading some of the reviews but there was no need. I use this to take camping to charge my phone (Galaxy Note II) and some other usb charged devices. Works fine as long as there is normal sunlight about and doesn't take too long to charge devices, at this price you can't go wrong, highly recommend.
on 4 March 2016
Never charge your device directly else you risking bricking it like I did to my phone. I knew the risk so it's my own fault. Use it to charge a battery pack instead.

Works surprisingly well even without direct sunlight. I took it to Glastonbury and hung it in the window of my tent in the day. Charged the pack to full.
on 8 August 2014
emergency situations, back up back up back up not the best thing ever but a nice back up to put in your go bag, your phone can be your most important kit (if your not bear grills) so make sure you have 2/3 back ups off your main device (this has been as cheap as 16.99p so if it goes up wait for it to go down) worth it
on 20 July 2013
Bought this as I like to track my cycling / hikes with Endomundo app. As this uses my Samsung SII GPS and internet, the app drains the battery. The idea is to have this solar panel on my ruck sack charging the phone all day.

Got the solar panel on probably the best summers Yorkshire has had in years. Glorious wall to wall sunshine, great day to try it out. My Samsung SII's battery was dead so connected it to the solar panel with all the leads supplied, put it on the garage roof while I pottered around the garden. Went to check on it after about 3 hours and the SII's battery was 40%. Very impressed. Obviously charges quick with the phone off as when you charge with the phone on some of the power goes to running the phone. From a 40% battery I left the phone switched on still connected to the solar charger 5hours later the battery was 100%.

Tested it again today as its been really over cast. No blue sky at all. With the phone switched on it charged from 18% to 42% in about 4-5 hours.
Overall I'm very impressed. Great value for money and I can see me getting a lot of use with it camping, trekking etc. Would definitely recommend
on 14 July 2014
no instructions . plastic on the panels is bubbled and coming off
on 26 May 2014
As soon as I plugged it in it was charging my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. As I use my mobile as a mobile wifi hotshot having ais is a blessing as the mobile is very power hungry! Only a few times has it stopped charging. This was a result of heavy cloud cover.
on 12 October 2013
It's not bad, it works well for small devices like phones but it wont charge my Galaxy Tab 2 up or my Ipad without them being switched off first which is really not ideal. When it is charging them it does it quick and fast would be perfect for camping.
on 26 August 2014
Tested this with a voltage/amp meter for both voltage and ampage to check this won't fry my devices and i was getting 487Ma and 0.31amp.

Should be enough to charge a device without cooking it and this was on a less than bright summer day.