4.0 out of 5 stars More realistic than integrated units if you live in the UK
**BE AWARE** This device has no voltage regulator and can produce over 6 volts in bright sunlight. If you find your device will not charge it may be due to the device protecting itself from possible damage. See edit 1 at the bottom for more detail.

I bought this for two reasons. Firstly to recharge the battery bank I already own (different manufacturer). I live...
Published 22 months ago by D. Frost

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good
A well presented and effective product for under £20 but slightly misleading as far as the claim goes about charging Iphone handsets directly. So if your are an Iphone user and you want to use this product for direct charge do Not buy it.

I did lots of different tests and my findings are as follows:

It appears to charge all external battery packs...
Published 22 months ago by Alex

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Camping, 16 Sept. 2014
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: EasyAcc® 7W Portable Solar Charger Panel for Cell Phone iPhone Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy HTC Bluetooth Speakers (Wireless Phone Accessory)
It's lightweight, can be affixed to a backpack or hung from a tent and it will charge a Samsung Galaxy S4 up to around 90% with a day's worth of strong sunshine.

I used this whilst camping in Sark and it kept my phone topped up enough to check emails and Facebook each day. I did notice that without strong sunshine, you are only likely to get a 30% charge on a phone like mine, but I was very satisfied, as I only really needed my phone for emergencies.

It's found a worthy place in my camping gear and I recommend it to anyone who needs to travel light and expects sunshine, so they can keep a small device charged and ready.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Overall Solar Panel, 31 Aug. 2014
M. Belcher "Zimmith" (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to see how effective solar panels were in the UK and I was pleasantly surprised. It is worth noting that the panel does require direct sunlght on it to work effectively.

The panel arrives in a box on its own with the only very limited instructions being on the box itself. It does not tell you how to place it, optimum conditions, etc. I have to say that it is pretty obvious what to do when it arrives but having a little more information would have been helpful.

The product has two panels with a fold in the middle to allow for different placement of the panel either on surfaces or on backpacks. In the photo you can see rings in the corners which are there to allow you to tie it onto objects so that it doesn't slip off. It is a nice detail that would make it suitable for leaving in an area of the house or car or backpack to charge batteries, phones etc. It has a pouch on the back with a female usb port and lead which allows you to attach other USB attached equipment. This can mean that everything can be kept in one unit without wires trailing everywhere. However I must stress that it is a small pocket and will not fit most large smartphones. I have a nexus 4 and it could fit but would be a very tight squeeze.

Onto charging, it is capable of directly charging equipment that has a slightly lower mA than is required by most of the latest smartphones. It can charge the higher end of smartphone BUT does require direct full sunlight. It just doesn't have enough power otherwise. This is probably the only reason for the lack of a 5th star and I do appreciate that it is likely due to my unrealistic expectations. It does say on the box that it is not compatible with iPhones and unfortunately I have been unable to test this. However, I have an emergency battery (Powermonkey) that I charge using the panel on a window sill and it works perfectly in providing enough power for "some" use. This is expected really as solar power is not perfected yet.

Some batteries can provide a higher output but will charge on a lower input allowing you to make use of the sun for charging your phone/electrical things via a battery sometimes. The experiment to attempt to run my smartphone on solar panel/battery has not been done yet but I will use a newer battery for that as my powermonkey is at least 5 years old.

In summary, it performs as expected. If you live and/or are going to a sunny country, this will be perfect as it should provide the overall power you need. If you live in the UK or other countries with less sun then it is still appropriate but expect a longer charging time. The reason for this is that the stated Wattage the panel can provide probably relies upon direct uninterrupted sunlight, something which can be scarce in a British winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product -my son has taped it to his bedroom ..., 7 Aug. 2014
Fantastic product -my son has taped it to his bedroom window and is using it in conjunction with RAV Power 10400mAh High Capacity Portable External Battery Charger in order to provide free electricity for many of our smaller household items (phones, Tablets etc.) At the moment it's producing more electricity than we can use, but I'm sure that will drop off somewhat in the winter! It will be interesting to see how much solar energy he can harvest through the autumn and winter. Definitely recommend this -originally bought to use whilst camping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than some but still somewhat lacking., 1 Jun. 2013
R. Ivimey-Cook "Ruth" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this in conjunction with the 12000mah EasyAcc power pack to charge my HTC Sensation phone and Tablet. It does work, is acceptably robust and the somewhat unusual "box" - backpack-type synthetic material - works well. My only concern is that it might not survive a bending force but I don't know this to be a problem.

My main complaint is there is no indication at all of the power output from the unit. While I wouldn't want a bargraph display - it would take too much power away - a LED that flashed briefly at increasing rates as the power grew would be very useful. e.g. flash duration 50ms, frequency 0.2Hz at 10ma, 10Hz at 200ma - or whatever.

My greatest disappointment is that the unit appeared to be incapable of charging the 12000mah power pack I bought with it. While it appeared to try charging, no significant charge was transferred even when left for a day in good sunlight.

I have wondered about the practicality of getting 2 units and putting them in parallel for additional power but haven't yet done that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, charges both phone and battery pack with no problems., 13 Aug. 2014
This is a great bit of kit. I needed something I could use whilst camping to charge my phone as usually the only sockets are in a communal area like the camp kitchen or wash area. It's not ideal leaving your fancy smartphone unattended for an hour. This does the job fantastically well and although has yet to be taken charging is now in regular use in the car. Works in even cloudy weather and I am confident it will charge on any but the most miserable days :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, so far., 26 Sept. 2013
My preliminary tests of this device, so far, have proved promising. I'm about to take it on an almost month long hike, in October, in Wales, so I will try and add more of an extensive review after. But so far, my experiences are pretty good. On a grey day, behind a car window, this was producing charge. On a grey day behind my (shamelessly dirty) west facing double glazed window, this produced charge, and charged my 3200mah external battery pack in a day (or just under half a day in reality, picking up charge at about 12pm ish and stopping when the sunsets behind the trees at about 6pm). The next time I used it on the same window, it was much more murky outside, and sometimes stopped charging, at the end of the day it only charge it up to 50%. Other days it has been too murky to charge at all. But consider the situation I tested it in, I was impressed.

I attached this to my backpack whilst out walking on Welsh hills/mountains for about 4 to 5 hours. The weather was changeable, sunny/cloudy/light rain/sunny, and this charged my external battery pack, which was already at 25% all the way to 100%.

So far I'm impressed. Because of another review about lack of voltage regulator, I've not plugged it straight into my phone and other devices, opting to put my external battery pack in the firing line. I'm a little dubious about it's water resistance, particularly the storage pouch at the back. But at this price, it's much cheaper than the competition and produced a decent amount of juice, more so than some of its more pricey competitors.

So far, I'm very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device!, 1 Nov. 2014
It's lightweight, can be affixed to a backpack or hung from a tent.

I used it to charge up a small power bank when camping, The charger was by me in fairly bright sunlight when fishing, after around six hours it had charged the power bank up to about 60%, which was enough to top up the charge on my mobile phone.

Well worth the money, would recommend it to anyone who goes camping or fishing a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just been away camping for a few days and ..., 7 July 2014
Paul Birch - See all my reviews
I've just been away camping for a few days and took the solar charger with me. I took multiple spare batteries for my phone but didn't need to use one of them even though I was only charging for short periods of time each day. OK, it was in Cornwall and it was really sunny but I was impressed with the speed that the phone recharged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charges Iphone in good sunlight. only down side is that if the ..., 17 Sept. 2014
Charges Iphone in good sunlight. only down side is that if the sun goes in the iPhone disconnects and displays an unsupported accessory dialogue. charging will not continue until you unplug it and plug it in again. I bought this to mainly top up a Power Bank so not too much of a problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well...Kind Of..., 2 Dec. 2014
I need to, still yes I know, get a lower power battery back up to work with this. It will not charge y 12,600 mah battery and I kjnow I was being a bit ambitous about this.

Not gotten around to getting a lower once of around 6000 mah which I am sure will work fine with this. Though in the summer mostly and I read a few years back they had developed much better solar panels but like so many other tewchnological things they announce they have mysteriously vanished and have yet to appear. After around 5 years too!

May be one day they will manufacture things they invent a great deal quicker? Or maybe they do not hold back because they make more cash out of us for the crapier gear?! Or maybe the military does not decide its not for us but only for them?! Or maybe the electric companies/pwer suppliers...

Well you get the idea, lol.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›