Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£6.29

on 4 September 2014
I've had this a little while and each time I've listened to it it's made me want to go back for more. After the hit-and-miss 'Letters from the Underground' this is pure consistency, with depth and top songwriting. The songs that catch you immediately are Mutiny and Raft of the Medusa, but recently it's No Barriers and Truth Is that's been earworming me. But Mutiny is the best song; beautiful and poignant. And The Recruiting Sergeant is a lovely closer.

Half a mark off, though, for rhyming life with wife in Second Life
on 2 December 2012
Having seen the band release "truth and lies" then "letters from the underground", some were unsure of what album the levellers would release.
Luckily the touring of the classic "levelling the land" album has rubbed off on their latest effort.
Very similar to "letters from he underground" it combines the folk/rock combo perfectly. For me their isn't a low point on the album.
A great mix of high octaine, mid temp and a couple of slower tracks too. Don't hesitate - BUY THIS ALBUM!
on 24 July 2012
As a Levellers fan of old (the only other two albums I own are Levelling the Land and The Levellers both from the early nineties) I bought this new album prior to seeing them at a festival. It is a really good album which should appeal to old and new fans alike. A good mixture of protest songs, folk numbers, and upbeat anthems. The new numbers work well live too, and I'm sure some will be retained in their setlist for years to come.
on 29 June 2012
...from the greatest band ever! We've waited for four years, and it's finally here. I am NOT disappointed! Even if folk / rock isn't down your street, you should have a listen to this. We need to bring back more music like The Levellers. Love love love love love! Truth Is, The Recruiting Sergeant and Travellers are my favourites at the moment, but they're all fantastic. Don't leave it so long next time, please! BUY IT!
on 26 June 2012
A very punchy album indeed! The Levellers have pulled out all the stops on this record, and are doing what they do best, questioning the world in which we live on many levels and writing great songs, that catch your attention and most importantly get you singing along! a great mix of powerful folk rock tracks and some great ballads mingled in to. This album really is worth a listen, and another, and another!.......
on 29 October 2012
I love this album! Some brilliantly crafted songs that stay in your head for days. 'The recruiting sergeant' Is a perfect timeless folk song. The levelers have made some brilliant songs over the years and they hold true to themselves and their own traditions as well as to the traditional music that they celebrate. I am not sure i have ever heard them sound so beautiful as they do on this album.
on 28 June 2012
Letters from the Underground was always going to be a hard album to follow as it was so good. Static does it though, not just doing it but doing it very well indeed. A bit slower than Letters, none the less the music is great and the lyrics absolutely spot on. This is another great album from a great band, cannot wait to see them live again this year.
on 23 July 2012
Another in a long line of brilliant albums. Over the last 20 years the albums have provided me with a constant source of listening and this one is no different. Seeing them perform some of the songs at Splendour in Nottingham this weekend just reinforced how well they fit in with their already outstanding back catalogue.
on 11 December 2012
Kept this in the car, play it all the time. As always, breath of fresh air.
I feel the Levellers have moved in a different direction with this one.
Love it!, and to top it off, the last gig recently was just as good compared to 20 odd years
ago.
on 12 May 2013
A great album, reminds me why I got into the Levellers in the first place. Several stand out sings like 'We are all gunmen' and 'Recruiting Sergeant' (look out for their charity ep of this too, in support of War Child). Basically, buy a this album.