5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood
Downloaded this book for my nephew and he thoroughly enjoyed it. It also brought back memories of my childhood when I read the famous five and the secret seven. Download the series it will be worth it for your kids
Published 7 months ago by sarah-jane lea

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in depth
The story is fine but I wondered why I felt unmoved by the book. I think the author has forgotten about point of view. We never identify with any of the children because he tries to cover all of them and their reactions, rather than seeing the story through the eyes of only one.

Published 9 months ago by Discerning reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Something Strange in the Cellar (Lou Elliott Mystery Adventures Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise all told ..., 20 Jun 2013
Even though it was a short story, I was pleasantly surprised by this third adventure for Lou and the gang. It had all the hallmarks of a good adventure and a decent plot to boot. I found myself telling the kids to "get a grip" at points during the story, but then remembered my own irrational fears of the dark at that age. The end was somewhat fast-moving, but in a good way, and I found that I couldn't put it down in the last few chapters - not good when it's well past midnight. All told, an enjoyable read, and I'm now looking forward to book four.

4.0 out of 5 stars son loved this, 15 May 2014
downloaded the book for my 8 year old son. he loved it, kind of like a modern day famous five. i thought that the dialogue was a bit to adult for what where supposed to be 12 years olds.the whole caravan/summerhouse welsh thing made it stand out from similar books. we will definitely be purchasing more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 1 Mar 2014
Apleasure to read light and a good read for retiring at night again not too many names to remember and you really felt involved in the story line again will look out for more books written by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant reading, 26 Feb 2014
I saw this ,book downloaded it and was griped,really enjoyed it,think it might be a children's book ,but I really enjoyed it,and I'm a nana.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 19 Nov 2013
D.L.EDWARDS (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Like all his previous books this is well written and an enjoyable read.
Will appeal to children of all ages with an adventurous spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book leaves you wanting more..., 28 Jun 2013
the reviewer (Leigh, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
...based simply on that maxim, this is a very good book! Those who might be slightly disappointed that this is a short story, will feel that way because they have got to know the characters over the series and are hungry for more. Book 3 is a good read. I'm sure I am not alone in hoping that book number 4, and beyond, reverts back to the full-length format by popular demand!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 18 Jun 2014
I got this book as i thought it might be a bit spooky, i was totally wrong. Its about a young family visiting wales and go on an adventure where they stumble upon an old house where something illegal is hidden in the cellar. Unbeknown to the old woman living there Its up to Jack and Lou to investigate further. A good read and felt like you were there with them. I would recommend this to book to 16 year old's as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in depth, 8 Mar 2014

For his next book, perhaps he should choose Lou or Jack and tell THEIR story - I think it would engage readers' emotions far more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Sep 2014