5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, funny and five stars. Even better than Part One
Published 7 months ago by Julie Haigh

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Not too bad.
More of a similar line. This edition give more insight into the author's personality and background.
Published 11 months ago by Mianty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, funny and five stars. Even better than Part One, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: As They Slept - Part 2 (The comical tales of a London commuter) (Kindle Edition)
I love Andy Leeks' look on life and his deep thinking about this and different, random subjects. Such fun theories about things. It's wonderful how one mention of something evolves into other things and he ties them all together with a theme. It's just so well observed, EXACTLY how things are. Ingenious-where does he get his ideas from?! There's a poem created solely from Facebook status updates! This is like well scripted stand up comedy in book form. I love his equations and how he gets preoccupied with these little details, so funny. He even analyses things when they want to get a takeaway! So true! We have one of these lights he's talking about for in case of power cut and just when we want it-batteries dead! Laugh out loud bits. And again-funny! It's a quick read, short chapters, one for each day, ideal for reading between doing things, hospital appointments/dentist while you're waiting, on the bus/train etc-but you'll embarrass yourself with all the spontaneous tittering-everyone will be looking at you and thinking-what the heck's up with her?! Oh, it's so funny! Where does he think of all this? He discusses firms going bust/shops closing down, musing about things happening in the current times, putting the world to rights yet in such an entertaining way there's also nostalgia, how things used to be. It's really witty. There's a reason for every chapter, one flows into another, eg. he missed writing a few days as no commuting, because of snow-which leads on to him discussing the fact that the UK is at a standstill the minute a bit of snow falls. He's making points you just never think about until now. It's clever how the gags all refer back to things mentioned earlier in the book, everything all fits like a glove! Clothes shopping-of course, he finds much to amuse in a shopping trip such as this. He has an interesting way of choosing whether to go shopping or to the seaside! Hilarious quote/simile!!!! Even more chuckles. Such brilliant punchlines. A real feel-good read. Observations about booking holidays, where to sit on a train, people-watching and bad habits. So many laughs! Fantastic, funny and five stars. Even better than part 1! You don't really need to read these Parts in order as each book in the series has the same foreword explaining the circumstances which lead to Andy writing the book in such a way. Now I've read the first two-I can't resist the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cash from commuting, 29 April 2014
I loved every word. Very well written and informative. Making money from the journey to work - very enterprising of you Andy! Facebook does have it's uses then. What a challenge you set yourself - but it looks like it has paid off. Loved reading about your family, and fellow commuters. I am sure your Mum has forgiven you for the mothers day presents - I know I have my two sons, luckily my two daughter in laws seem to like me. Well done and I can't wait to read your others now.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again!, 1 April 2013
Some might say......"You read the first one didn't you?....why on earth did you even bother......."
Well I can categorically say yet again I found myself thinking "OMG, that's so me" & chuckling out loud to myself like some inane idiot!
Often wonder what someone else is thinking while you glance their way.....well this is it.......exactly what one man has been thinking about!
A triumph!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars it will make you smile, 6 April 2013
S. Jackson (West London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great short read having read parts one and two on holiday away from my commute. Thank you for writing the books, you made me burst out loud laughing by the side of the pool

5.0 out of 5 stars A Laugh a Station., 6 Mar. 2014
That's probably not true because I doubt Andy went through that many stations.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which I thought was very funny, well written and too short. But I can't complain because it was free, though I now feel obliged to pay for at least Part 1, which I am sure I shall enjoy equally.
My husband, on the other hand, didn't like it at all - because he gets really cheesed off when I laugh out loud at a book I'm reading.
That means if I get the other three I shall have to take myself off somewhere to read them, maybe drive to a park, or even go on a train journey; whatever, it is going to cost me money. So I would be most grateful Mr Leeks if I could have the other three for free too.
Happy travelling, AnnP

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! A great follow up, 17 April 2013
Totally enjoyed this follow up. Made me laugh and I loved the style of writing.

Anyone that commutes regularly will appreciate this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Funny Book, 15 April 2013
I loved this book, and the 1st one! I found it to be so funny that I was constantly laughing out loud.

A billiant read and Cannot wait for the next one!

I defy anyone to ready it and not enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars As they slept part 2, 12 April 2013
Absolutely loved this!
Even better than I expected it to be; I laughed all the way through. Definitely recommend, Andy should have become an author a long time ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 ......just as good as part one., 8 April 2013
Really enjoyed the second ,can't wait for part three.The part about the queens gastroenteritis and being on the throne for over 60 years had me tittering all night .....One of those giggles that borders hysteria,a big thank you keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 7 April 2013
Every train travellers inane thoughts written down, very funny and worthy of a read with your morning coffee, better than sleeping on the train!