on 15 July 2014
I love my I-pod - so much so that I tend to wear out a lot of earphones (one set every six months or so!). I have tried most makes from the very cheap right up to the premium brands. It doesn't seem to make any difference, they all fail with the same faults - either one of the earphones stops working and you end up listening in one-sided mono or the cable breaks or frays at the jack-plug. So until some bright-spark invents wireless earphones which actually work without distortion (NOT Bluetooth), I am resigned to replacing mine every six months to a year. After reading the reviews for the 'Symphonized NRG' Wood earphones which were mostly positive I decided to give them a go and, so far at least, I am really impressed. The sound quality is excellent, the ear-pieces are light and comfortable and they certainly live up to the 'Noise-isolating' claim. As to their longevity, only time will tell :-)

Update!
Well, as above, the right-hand earphone failed after eight months. A little better than most but still not brilliant - would reduce the star-rating to 3 based on longevity.
on 2 April 2014
Although I was happy with the sound quality, all of a sudden one of the ears stopped working after less than a month. I was in the middle of listening to a podcast, sitting still and nothing got caught or tangled. It left me unhappy and unimpressed.

However, the seller (Royal Diamond) got in contact and kindly offered to send an unsolicited replacement that I am awaiting now. I was very much impressed by the speed and quality of service of Royal Diamond and by their courtesy in dealing with the issue. It was rare to see a company take responsibility like that, so massive kudos to them.

To reiterate, I was happy with the quality of the earphones and their stylish and classy design before they broke down. If the replacement ones last longer I'm happy to add another star or two to the review.

Hopefully the breakdown of my first pair will prove to be an anomaly. These things can happen...
on 9 September 2014
I bought these as expecting some quality headphones that lasted longer than your average in-ear option. I can't fault the sound quality - it's great and up until last week I would of given these 5 stars. They fit well and they feel nice too which is great.

Despite this I've had them barely three months and one of the earpieces has given up and died already. I use headphones all the time and I can safely say these are the worst headphones I've ever had - I'd rather have mediocre sound and not have to replace them every 2 and a half months than have to be constantly buying new headphones. Buying these headphones has turned into a really frustrating and disappointing experience. I would recommend these to occasional listeners perhaps but anyone who commutes, travels or just really loves music, podcasts etc. I would encourage to avoid!
on 22 April 2015
Well... First off I hardly ever write reviews unless I'm either amazed or disgusted by a product, but I'm a bit of an audiophile and love good headphones/earphones n so even my old bertrons which were great value for money didn't get a review coz I'm lazy... But with these I HAD to write a review...

At first I saw the £45 to £10 price drop (at time of purchase) and was a bit put off thinking there was something suspicious, there were not enough specifications on frequency ranges etc, but they looked alright and had great reviews so I thought screw it... I'll go for it, firstly it arrived a day early on free delivery which is always great, the box was a bit annoying to open but the earphones look GREAT, the wire is a nylon cable, kind of like red rope which looks GREAT and is great coz it won't damage as easily as plastic. The bit of plastic that the wire leaves the jack from (the male jack that goes into your phone or music device etc) is at a slight angle, not 90 degrees or 180 kinda in the middle which is surprisingly useful, I have not tested the mic yet but I'm not expecting anything amazing, I will update this later, they are very comfortable and fit my ear very well. The noise cancellation is great, could be better but more than enough to block out train sounds, cars etc. The earphone heads themselves are big compared to most but in a good way, they sort of like beats earphones but better coz I hate that overpriced B logo lol.

Now onto the important bit... They sound AMAZING for the price... Now don't expect insane quality but I have to be honest, I was VERY surprised with the immersive quality at this price tag... I understand some people don't wanna spend a tenner but trust me if you're gonna buy a £4 pair of crap earphones u might as well put in the rest and buy these. The £45 price tag however will ONLY be justified IF the mic is good and the earphones have good longevity and I simply haven't had them long enough to tell....

The bass is strong and punchy, powerful, the treble is pretty decent, unfortunately the mids are sort of quiet and mushed out a LITTLE by the bass, but it's clear and not tinny at all, it's overall pretty excellent to be honest (the sound quality) oh and the overall volume is great, no need to crank up the volume as it's already considerably loud.

Now you're probably thinking... Damn that sounds amazing, what's the catch? So far I haven't found one. But trust me if I can't find one... No one can.... I will be buying more and I hope there are no issues with any others, but if there aren't, these are easily the best budget earphones I've EVER seen even besting the £30 soundmagic e10s in my opinion, I've tried everything from sennheisers, beats, audiotecknicka (however you spell it) to turtle beaches to Sony, panasonics, monoprice, skullcandy, you name it I've tried it...

Trust me BUY it if you're on a budget, even if you can spend 20-30 buy these!
on 17 February 2014
I work as a Film Director and started my career as a Recording Engineer so am pretty into sound.

I have been looking for a set of in-ear noise isolating headphones and after a lot of research, went for a pair of these basically because at £17, it was worth the risk.

The sound from these headphones is far better quality that I expected and they are not bad at isolating you from extraneous ambient noise. Of course, anything really noisy is going to bleed through but because they are a pretty good fit (and you get three different ear piece fittings depending on your size of ear), I find I don't need to listen at such high levels any more to drown out unwanted noise.

I give these headphones five stars as for £17, they are far better than "cheap and cheerful".
on 15 August 2015
I was approached by the 'Symphonized' company to offer an honest and unbiased review for one of their products, in this case some noise-cancelling in-ear mic earphones, and it couldn't have come at a better time as I have been looking at getting a more up-market scale of earphones for a while now for my various devices, mainly for the use of listening to music and the odd YouTube video.
For the most part, I have been using and sporadically purchasing standard Apple earphones (or very convincing lookalikes!) in order to listen to music, and these have proved useful to a certain extent. However, their various incarnations over the years do tend to fail in the sense that they somewhat wither around the edges, whilst becoming tangled in storage, going from sparkling white to a faded grey; not looking very aesthetically pleasing after a few months or so of usage.
Upon opening these particular earphones, the packaging was strikingly professional, and the storage bag included is great in order to keep the earphones safe without the aforementioned tangling effect being a problem, due to the cord itself having a nylon coating. This aesthetic quality carries over to the earphones themselves, having what the company calls a Natural Wood Housing (NWH) in order to enhance the acoustic performance of the noise reducing soft silicone buds that fit quite nicely into each ear, with three sizes of buds included in order to fit the individual user. I find this noise reducing quality such a great enhancement compared to other earphones on the market, such as the aforementioned Apple variety, as when listening to music, the acoustic and bass quality of certain tunes really shines forth, being able to literally feel the music completely around you without interruption from outside noise. I mostly listen to country/folk music of the more mainstream variety, so each individual banjo twang and guitar undertone is now heard in a completely new light for me, being able to appreciate the variety of music I listen to in a much more personal frame of mind in my opinion, meaning that I seem to be discovering my appreciation of the music and audio I listen to anew. Additionally, it is noteworthy to add that my housemate, who has long-time suffered from tinnitus, found the noise reducing quality that the wooden earphones provides such a great asset when listening to his audiobooks and music collection; so much so that he is planning on buying a pair himself in the near future.
The 3.5mm audio jack is gold-plated in order to enhance the no-loss sound connection to the device that the earphones are connected to, and the in-built microphone really works well when receiving calls and/or messages etc. - being in a surround-sound experience so the call is not interrupted by general outside noise.
I must admit that I am so pleased that Symphonized approached me to sample their product, and their noise reducing NWH earphones are both aesthetically pleasing, being available in a variety of colours (myself having been given the black-corded variety), and a staple addition to enrich your audio experience on all earphone enabled devices that are used on a daily and sporadic basis.
review image
These Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Phones come in a smart acetate box which also includes a drawstring carry bag, two additional sets of ear buds (small and large) - the medium ones are already fitted plus warranty details.

The ear phones are nicely finished and their wooden driver housings look stylish with their chrome highlighting. It's worth investing a bit of time in getting the right size of buds installed as the air tightness of seal between your ears and the ear buds will determine the quality of bass response. The cloth covered cord is around 1.3m long and features an angled, gold finished plug - the angle of around 30 degrees is a good compromise between a straight and right angled plug. There is also business-like strain relief where the cord enters the phones and plug. In the cord is microphone with a control to accept and end phone calls - the music automatically mutes when you press it.

The sound from these Symphonized Ear phones features powerful undistorted bass with clear vocals plus a spacious soundstage. The treble is bright without being too harsh making these phones a good listen and non-fatigue inducing. The quality of sound from the internal microphone is also clear. Considering their price point I'd say these Symphonized Ear Phones deliver an excellent sound and represent value for money.

In summary, these are well made, stylish and good sounding earphones at a value price point. Recommended.

(Disclaimer: I received a free review sample of these phones - the opinions above are my own personal views).
review image review image review image review image review image review image
These are the Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear earphones, this is one of the best value of earphones which i have ever used, at under a tenner they really do offer exceptional sound quality which is comparable to some better well known brands. I have to say that i really do like the styling of the earphones, they are made from a all wood body with a metal cap on the end and a nice shiny metal band around the end earphone peace, this makes the earphones really stand out and look much more impressive than other earphones which you see everyday. This is a unique set of earphones which offer very good sound quality and also offering distinct design all in a small compact earphone which is very light and comfortable.

The sound quality of these headphones is very good for the average user, i cannot fault the sound quality at all. I have listened to these headphones whilst they are on top volume and the audio really does not distort much at all, the earphones are a very nice tight also as of them being nice and tight this helps block out the sound around them, the audio heard from the outside is very quite even when they are on maximum output. I would also like to point out that the earphones cable is braided from a fabric material, this is brilliant because the cable won't stretch and rip like other cables made from rubber.

In the box i was pleased to see that they have included multiple different sizes of earbuds, this is a great positive because they will be able to fit everybody perfectly. Also it was a very nice touch for Symphonized to include a small carry bag, this really complements the earphones well and makes this set of headphones a better buy.

Some of the positives with this set of earphones are:

- Very nice high quality construction
- Nice tight in ear fit
- Excellent Value
- Includes a small carry case
- Includes multiple sizes of earbuds
- Braided high quality cable

Overall i could not be any more happy with this set of earphones, they are loud, beautifully designed and include extra earbuds and a carry case all at a very low price. There are no negatives with this product, I would 100% recommend this product to anybody that is looking for a cheap pair of headphones which offer great quality and value for money. This is a excellent product from Symphonized.

Highly Recommended - 5/5
on 15 March 2015
I get through a lot of headphones.... or should I say we as family get through a lot. I don't hold out much hope in finding a pair that last, so I tend to not want to spend a lot of money on them. But having said that at the same time I want something that is comfortable to wear too.

So my spec in looking for a new set would be as follows Affordable, comfortable, sound quality, durability.

Now the last item durability is a complete unknown quantity until you've had them a while. So my first port of call is affordability and these headphones ticked that box definitely.

Next would be how comfortable they are. Well I am not one to overly gush, but OMG these are the BEST in-ear headphones I've ever possessed for comfortableness! They just feel brilliant in, no irritation, no movement and no annoying falling out. They feel like they suction in perfectly with silicon tips that are so soft its unreal. So when that description read soft silicon by no word of a lie it's simply true. Major plus.

Sound quality. Going to have to do another OMG! These are little bloody little diamonds of headphones! Sound quality is pretty damn fine and absolutely worth raving about. Best ones I've ever had to be honest.

The headphones do say which is left and which is right, but heck you've got to have super sharp vision to spot them. The left ear piece is the one sporting the volume controls. Or find yourself a magnifying glass if you don't believe me ☺

So glad I tried this out, I received the red ones. the strings (as I call them) are red but the ear pieces themselves are all black and silver and effect.

I have had these a couple of weeks now and they are still as good as the day they came out of the packet, so fingers crossed these are going to last because literally the day they pack up I am gonna cry like a baby until I get an replacement. I really hope they last forever, but hey that's hardly going to happen, but I am in super sickly in love with this product!

I would not at all hesitate in recommending you spend your hard earned dosh on these. If you're like me you'll be so glad you did.

Happy listening!
The Symphonised head phones work well, the sound quality is clear, good for audio as well as music. The phones come with three sizes of `in ear rubber', and a little fabric bag to keep the parts and ear phones together. The phones come in a variety of colours, red white and black. Symphonised sent a white pair for review. The wood make them easy to pick out from other family members audio accessories!

The cable is covered in man made material rather than the usual plastic. This seemed to make them less prone to tangling that the normal cables. The cable is also some what longer than standard phone leads. So for taller folk you can have a device in your pocket and be less likely to knock out the ear part when moving around.

The ear part is longer than some other in ear bud phones, but was still comfortable to doze off in. The product comes with technical details and a summary of features but not instructions per say, not that head phones need a lot of explanation. However I was not sure about the plastic switch which sits just below chin level, it functions in a similar manner to other head phones. It can be pressed once to pause music and twice/trice to forward and backward whole tracks. The button also functions as a microphone for telephone calls.

I tried out the head phones at the gym, they were good at cancelling out the background noise and did not fall out the minute I got warm!

At the time of writing the product is £10-16 which represents good value for money and the phones are highly recommended.

N.B. Head phones were provided free of charge by the manufacturer in return for an honest review.