on 4 May 2014
The first one I received from Amazon did not work at all, but this was the first time I used wirelss charging so I got a replacement just to be sure.

The second one worked, but as the other reviewers pointed out, the manual is poorly translated and is rather confusing. After realizing there is no blue LED and the blinking green LED means it's working, I left my Galaxy S5 with official Samsung charging cover on it to charge. It took about 40 minutes to go from 68% to full and I have to say I am a little impressed (since the output of the charging cover is limited to 760mA). Boths the phone and the charger is just slightly warm at this point with the charger running slightly hot (about 40 degrees).

Thinking it couldn't go much worse, I left my phone on it for the night. When I checked it in the morning, the part where it touches the charger got very warm (> 40 degrees) and the charger itself can be described as hot enough that you don't want to put your finger on it for a long time. This is not a good operating temperature for the lithium batteries inside the phone.

I don't think the phone needs much power after the battery is fully charged, so there must be a missing link somewhere where the charger is not able to detect the reduced requirement for power (which should be possible with the Qi standard using back-scatter). Maybe they used a cheaper controller chip that is not capable of varying the output power or just inadequate manufacturing.
on 21 February 2014
Well, after 5 years using iPhones I decided to change for a new device. And I choose the new Google Nexus 5.
While I was researching, Amazon gave me a suggestion, one Expower()Tm QI mini wireless charger and it caught my attention. So I saw all the informations and decided to buy.
Unpacking the product, which has a small package I could find a small and very thin plate, two cables (one small and one large) and the user manual.
The plate is ruberized on top and the bottom. So it doesn't slide in the surfaces and the cell phone when it's on top doesn't slide as well.
Plugging the charger it's possible to see a red light on the border of the plate and when you put the device on top you can rear a beep sound and the light turns into green. It shows that your device is being charged.
When you place it in a wrong position, you can hear the beep sound and the light flashing, so you need to replace the device.
2 hours later my device was full charged and ready to use.
To resume, the charger is really good, useful, good to use when you are travelling, not heavy and I would highly reccommed.
It's good to know that it only works with Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. I tried some Samsung devices and the iPhone and it didn't work.
on 10 March 2014
Bought this to charge both my Nexus 7 (2nd Gen) and Nexus 4. works great on both and certainly beats searching for phone chargers. Takes a litle longer to charge when switched on compared to charging through port however it does not cause my phone/tablet to overheat. Highly recommended.
on 16 May 2014
I bought the Expower QI Wireless just because it was one of the cheapest in the market and I didn't even know if I would have used it
or left it in the drawer forever...
Instead it turned up to be one of the best gadgets (for mobiles) I've ever bought!

Nowadays mobile's batteries last longer,
but it's still difficult having to use a smartphone for more than two days without recharging it.
Like lots of people, I used to go to sleep with my mobile charger plugged in until the morning
when, half asleep, I'd wake up trying to stop the alarm, not before struggling to unplug the mobile and sometimes drop it!

But now with the wireless charger it's easier. I use it also during the day, so my mobile is always charged!
I receive calls, sms, messages and I have lots of social apps running up on my mobile all day long,
so I'm checking it every 10 minutes without worrying anymore for the battery!

I can say that the Expower QI Wireless does its job, it's light and easy to carry with you,
good looking with its round shape, and his double rubber grip on the bottom and the top doesn't let the mobile slip from the table!

For me a good point is that it's smaller than others, so it's easier to carry around and perfect on a messy desk!
There is also a light that blinks green if it's charging,
but I don't look at it because the notification's sound of the mobile tells me that is in the correct position.

In the end, I would recommend the Expower QI Wireless to everyone,
and if I will have to buy another for a gift I would go for it again.
It works as good as the originals that, however, are more expensive!
on 23 April 2014
A year or so ago Qi wireless chargers cost a lot more than this and there were fewer around. The market seems to have matured as more devices implement the technology. The manufacturer here, Smart Technology, offer quite a range and this model seems to be their cheapest.

Having said that it doesn't seem cheaply built. The disk is small, just as you can see in the photo of it being held in a hand, and about a centimetre thick. There are blue circles top and bottom and these are rubberised to help grip the desktop and device, but not adhesive. You can dislodge the set up with a careless nudge. However this has not been a problem in use. It comes packaged simply with two USB to Micro USB cables - one short and one long. Both of good quality. You do need your own mains power supply and I used a general-purpose 2.1A USB charger.

The instructions are slightly awry. There is no Blue LED. When powered up in stand-by mode the LED glows dull red. Once you place a device on top of it to be charged the LED changes to blinking green for the duration. If I had any gripe I would suggest the designers programmed-in a change to steady green once the device is charged. Nothing serious but it would be helpful. My Nexus 5 went from half-full to fully-charged in less than two hours. Once removed from the disk the LED returns to standby and dull red.

The charger and phone got only slightly warm when charging from half to fully-charged. I doubt that in reality this is any warmer than a phone would become close to the body, in a jeans pocket for example. HOWEVER when I charged my phone from almost flat it did indeed become way too hot as it approached 92%. So much so that I whipped it away and placed the phone on a cold surface to dissipate the heat.

My original review ended on a very positive note but having experienced the heat others have previously mentioned I am more worried now.

It is hard to know whether this is caused by the general wireless charging process itself, a badly designed gadget or the result of placing the phone not quite centrally on the plate. The only way to ascertain the quality is to buy the official Google Nexus charger but I don't feel like taking the risk.

To sum up, I will use this charger to "top up" my phone and stick to the cable for full charges.
on 20 March 2014
This little gadget is nifty. I would have given it five stars if it not for the heat it puts out during charging.

My charger for my nexus broke and when I bought a replacement it didnt work so I assume the fault was within the phone. Didnt even realise this phone accepted wireless chargers until I came across this.

It works fine, the light is annoying yes but its not the end of the world and I can grab it quckly when heading out instead of ripping the cable from it.
Honestly the only downside is the heat.

it DOES work for nexus 4!!
on 11 March 2014
Great little device just plug & play, comes with two usb cables one shot one long, connect to any usb charging point place phone face up on charger away it goes. saves plugging/unplugging every time the phone needs charging. possibly my best buy this year. Yes it will work with a case on the phone, my phone is wearing a TUDIA [WAV-HYBRID] Dual Material Protective Bumper Case and has no problem with charging.
on 29 March 2014
Neat gadget. Looks good, works well. Arrived fast. Recommended. Wireless charging is the best feature of my new Nexus 5!
VINE VOICEon 2 July 2014
This is great. Every time I come home, just put the phone on this 'hockey puck' and the LED changes colour as it charges.

The instructions with the device are wrong, I think there are several versions. The one we received hs an LED that starts steady amber / red and changes to steady green when charging. It never flashes!
on 19 April 2014
Works beautifully with my nexus 4. Phone beeps when placed on the device dependent on phone volume settings. The rubber ring keeps the phone steady without getting filthy like the Google orb. Charges as fast as if cabled with a much more reliability than annoying problematic USB cables. Will be purchasing another one for work.