5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous :)
Published 8 months ago by Caroline A.

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and a disgrace to the name Bosh
I purchased this item, more expensive than others on the market because the name Bosch has always been associated with quality.

The first one did not work at all, so it was returned.
Not to be deterred, I ordered another, only to be horrified that this did not work either.

Now, I've had many Bosh products over the years, so thought that maybe...
Published 14 months ago by Carsmile

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous :), 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bosch Filtrino II Hot Water Dispenser, 2 Litre, 1600 Watt, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Well after a shaky start I can't recommend this enough! I had to return the first one as it was particularly noisy. I wasn't sure if this was normal after reading some of the reviews here - I even called the Bosch helpline. I spoke to someone who was initially very helpful and she said how they use the machine in the office, she loves the ambient water from it, so when I ran the machine and asked if the level of noise was normal, her attitude changed somewhat, she put me on hold and spoke to a colleague. On her return she said that noise was perfectly normal (85 db accompanied by vibrations). She then retracted the fact that they use one in the office, said she was confused and she actually meant a water filter. When challenged about the so called 'whisper quiet' technology advertised and how this was misleading she declined to comment! HOWEVER I decided to ask a question here on Amazon and two owners kindly responded and assured me the noise was not normal. I returned the item, Amazon dispatched a replacement the same day and the following day here I am with a quiet working Bosch Filtrino. It does everything you expect from a machine of this kind - I love the different temperature features - I cannot bear tea made with off the boil water, but at the same time don't like scorched coffee - if you drink different beverages this is the machine for you. Does it make a noise? Of course it does, but it's boiling water so of course it will! It's no louder than a coffee percolator and a lot quieter than most of them!

So to summarise - the machine and Amazon service 5*
Bosch customer service - embarrassingly bad and wouldn't even scrape 1* - about to write and tell them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean, convenient and efficient, 13 Aug. 2013
Bought as a replacement for a kettle that packed up it does all it claims to. Despite its dimensions it takes up no more room than a kettle as it sit back flat against a wall and does not need to move if filled with a jug. Very quick for a single cup and you only heat what you use; but if you remove the drip tray to fill a tall coffee pot then the base projection is a bit small and not too stable. We live in a very hard water area(chalk downs) and only time will tell how frequently it needs de-scaling.

A good product that could be perfect if Bosch brought out a plumbed in version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov. 2013
I love this item, does what it says on the tin! Ease of use sooo convenient and money saving.

To those of you who have been complaining that when the filter and descaling light come on together that it needs descaling and a new filter when you have hardly used it, that's not the case.....both lights come on together mean that you have not used hot water in a while, it is a safety precaution against bacteria, just draw hot water through it and they will go off, happy drinking! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars first class, 27 April 2014
there have been some negative reviews about this item, but we have used this in replacement of a previous one cup kettle and it does the job. it quieter than previous one cup kettles and to date we have had no problems with it

5.0 out of 5 stars My most fav gadget ever :-), 4 Mar. 2014
S. D. Knight "Sharon" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a new Kettle, and I had a Tefal one Cup before that had broken. I read the reviews on this and saw that they were a bit mixed. I love the fact the water comes out as soon as I press the button, yes it is slower than turning on a tap, but you are getting instant hot water from cold and filtered. The noise is no louder than a Filter Coffee Machine. I love it. Yes it is a little expensive, and for the price, it would be nice if it cleaned the Kitchen for me as well, but I still love it.

As a like to have - it would be great if you could connect it to the mains water, that way you wouldn't have to keep filling it up :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its brilliant, 12 May 2013
After sending our Breville one back because it smelt and taste of TCP. This Bosch machine is absolutely fantastic, no problems no smell perfect boiling hot water and very happy. My wife is blind and finds it very easy to use. I recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement for Kettle, 9 Feb. 2014
Stylish, robust, easy to use Hot Water Dispenser. Four adults in the house and this little beaut is certainly being tested to the full.....and passing with flying colours. Saving a fortune against the cost of boiling a kettle everytime and at this rate will have paid for itself in a year (really......my family, my sons and our guests do drink a lot of tea and coffee). Our friends have commented on its aesthetic appeal and a couple have bought one for themselves. Tip: bought the Aqua Optima 60 day filter set (got the 6 pack for £12.79) will last a year.........not bad for filtered water (as this machine will dispense the water at ambient temperature as well). All round good egg.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this machine!, 12 Jan. 2014
I bought this model from argos, as I was in a hurry, but cheaper on Amazon

Anyway! I cannot find a fault with it!
mine is not slow or noisy!
it takes a few minutes to fill the whole tank, as the water is going through the filter, you put half the amount of water into the tank, then wait a couple of minutes then the next part in, and off you go to place the tank back into place... What does a few minutes matter when you get the best tasting tea coffee in the end etc?
Perfect for sachet Latte, cappuccino, mocha, herbal tea, hot chocolate and normal drinks, the setting make sure your drinks have correct amount of water at the correct temperature... use with a battery operated hand whisk for extra frothy drinks, who needs a cafe?

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot water is nice and right temperature, 28 Aug. 2014
Had this a few days now and it does exactly what it says on the box. Hot water is nice and right temperature. Very quick but can be a little noisy when starting up but only for a few seconds, not whisper quiet by any stretch of the imagination. If you want a filter and hot water machine combined; can well recommend. Great for when you need hot water very quickly like forgetting to make gravy with dinner already on the table!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking buy!, 24 Aug. 2014
Can't ask for anything better really. bought this a year ago and thought I would wait till it has had a fair amount of use. I can safely say it's great.....it's used all the time. Few minor flaws and I mean minor. 2ltr in our house just isn't enough and we have to keep topping it up (no real issue, would be the same with a kettle anyhow) and the other is when you fill it up with the cold water from the tap and use it straight away...i'm not 100% convinced it reaches boiling temp with quite cold water. but it's close to the mark.
All that said very happy with this product..if you are thinking of getting one, do it looks cool and doesn't take up much space.