5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Published 12 months ago by Phillip Cunningham

3.0 out of 5 stars PVR is poor
This is my second Samsung Smart TV, this one being for the bedroom.

I specifically bought one with a PVR function so that my wife can watch EastEnders in bed but sadly, although my older D series model supports "series recording", this TV does not, which means I would have to schedule every single episode.

Series recording has been around for ages...
Published 6 months ago by Barny D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung Series 5 F5500 32-inch Widescreen Full HD Smart LED TV (2013 model) (Electronics)
Had this tv for a month now and I have no problem in saying what great value it is. Easy to set up, all the smart tv features you need including all the on demand tv (itv player, bbc i player, 4OD and 5 on demand) as well as the movie apps. Stunning full HD picture and excellent sound without the need for a soundbar or entertainment system. Samsung really have got the right idea when it comes to smart tv's

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tv!, 30 Sep 2013
This TV is really good, I like that you can flick between my sky, free view, apps like facebook and bbc iplayer etc, picture is amazing and so is the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great specs,great value., 2 Feb 2014
Samsung have done it again,a premium tv at a competitive price.Let me start by saying the picture quality alone is fantastic colours are vibrant and black level is superb.Would advise calibration to achieve reference status.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value 60" you will get, 5 Mar 2014
I have my Samsung 60"TV for 6 months now,it is Amazing to say the least,3d films,blu ray,xbox one games,ps4 games, all look Amazing,Honestly if you are looking for a big tv for little money this is the one you should buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing smart functionality, great picture, 18 May 2014
Happy and Smiling "I love books and audio boo... (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After much deliberating and review reading, I chose the f5500 over many similar offerings by other brands. I am delighted with it. The set up was a doddle. The inbuilt wifi means you don't need a usb wifi adapted. The pre loaded smart apps are everything you could ever want, including amazon prime video (the main reason I chose samsung over sony, as the reviews say the interface doesn't work on sony's yet for this app), and netflix. It has spotify and all the catch up players too (bbc, itv , ch 4 and 5). The picture is amazing, the sound is decent, with 20w speakers, and I don't feel the need to add a soundbar. All in all a very happy customer. Worth shopping around as I got it for 299 with a 5 year guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC tv, 15 Oct 2013
Amaz(ing) TV!
Does everything and MORE than you need in a daily basis.
honestly, I can't find anything wrong.
Perfect product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 26 Nov 2013
Really love the look and feel of this TV. The picture quality isn't quite as impressive as I had imagined but I am still very pleased. It's great to be able to watch You Tube vids on tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 July 2014
Great

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, 12 May 2014
I've owned this TV for 4 or 5 days now. Initial impressions are good. Firstly the TV is extremely light for it's size, easy to handle for 1 person, although for screwing the mount an additional pair of hands would be advised.

Set up is pain free with easy to follow instruction. I have SKY so some of the features relating to Freeview won't be necessary but are good features to have.

The Smart access is excellent. I have a Netflix account so once I had entered my details I can now watch it on the 'big screen' rather than the tablet. Netflix is accessed through the Smart Hub app.

One feature I absolutely love is being able to use my Samsung Galaxy or tablet to access You Tube, choose a video to watch and then transfer it to the TV all wirelessly and with the minimum of fuss. This really is a great feature. You can also queue a number of videos so you don't need to use your phone, the TV will store the video queue within it's memory so it is available for the next time you use it.

You can also browse through music, media or photo's on your phone or tablet and direct the content to the TV which is great for holiday snaps, especially if the quality of the content is hi-res as the results on the TV screen are superb.

The screen itself is crisp and sharp with SKY HD channels looking extremely good. My previous TV was a 720 and I must say that the upgrade to 1080 is certainly noticeable.

Gaming is also upgraded and playing GTA 5 on the TV was like playing a completely different game with the graphics looking stunning.

One star lost for quality of sound. My previous TV, a 32 inch, Sharp had a really good sound quality and although the Samsung sound quality is reasonable I think a sound bar or home cinema is required to really take advantage of the full experience.

There are still a number of features I have yet to try but so far so good.

Also the price quoted by Southern was almost 50 cheaper than other retailer which is an obvious advantage. All in all an excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 25 Mar 2014
Mr. Nr Tabernacle (London) - See all my reviews
I've had this TV 6 months now and very happy for it. 60" and all the in-built apps is fantastic value. Full HD looks very good and the 3D I found much better than in the cinema. Yes is fairly reflective but aren't most? Also if you get close you can see the 'pixels' (why are you so close anyway?)

Main issue is ghosting (possibly the wrong term). If you leave it on BBC News for example when you change channels the banners will remain for a little bit, no doubt not something you get on more expensive versions.

However for 1k the amount of TV you get is incredible and honestly wouldn't go buy anything else even if I had the money.