4.0 out of 5 stars OK For Now...
Good picture, and Sports Mode gives a sharp clarity and brightness for football and athletics viewing.

Anytime+ is a little problematic: I use the TV with a Samsung Sound Bar, and it is not possible to control all my compliant video devices (Sky+ HD Box, TV and sound bar) with just the one remote control.

Smart mode allows OK Internet browsing as...
Published 6 months ago by airmanchairman

3.0 out of 5 stars beware
Published 14 months ago by Mr. J. parry

3.0 out of 5 stars beware, 9 Jan. 2014
Mr. J. parry "chelseajohn" (reading berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Series 5 F5500 46-inch Widescreen Smart Full HD LED Television (Electronics)
The tv is fine good picture and sound etc, but beware when using the smart features i found it very hard to navigate without a keyboard so i went and got one. The only trouble is that it didnt work so i rang samsung and they told me the keyboard isnt compatable so i asked them which one is and they told me that they dont make one which is wireless? whats the point in buying a new tv that dosnt have this feature. Fortunatly it dosnt bother me that much as i dont use the smart features that often anyway but maybe i would if i had an easy way to operate it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Falled short of expectations., 25 Aug. 2013
T. C. Osborne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I recently bought a Samsung F5000 46" on Amazon. I was very happy with the TV except for the lack of connections. Therefore, I decided to 'upgrade' to the 46" F5500 for the extra hdmi port and additional smart functions. Being a 5 series I expected the picture quality to be the same if not better than the F5000's. However, I was amazed to find that HD channels were in fact less sharp and the colours over saturated. Skin tones just didn't look right and grass occasionally had a slightly repulsive neon-like hue! The F5000 on the other hand has a far more natural looking colour palette. I am also sure that the back light is brighter on the F5000.

I therefore have decided to keep the F5000 and regret not choosing the F5300 46" as I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the smart equivalent to the F5000. It also has 3 hdmi ports. It is only lacking the swivel stand of the f5500(which is useful but aesthetically not to everyone's taste)and the built in wifi.

The F5500 in other sizes has been getting very good reviews from owners but based on my own experience of it I wouldn't recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK For Now..., 5 Sept. 2014

Smart mode allows OK Internet browsing as well as a Twitter/Skype sidebar for quick access to tweets and contacts. Browsing could be a bit faster though, and the browser crashes occasionally.

This will grace my living until until a certain fruity vendor comes up with its own version of domestic bliss - then it will be relegated to the study or the bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a buy., 11 May 2014
Very good tv perfect for the home and perfect price. It aha good speakers and good viewing angles. Top buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Demand services., 8 Mar. 2014
Went for a Samsung as they have all channels 1 to 5 on demand services. Some other makers only have BBC iplayer. Dead easy to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 26 Sept. 2013
The previous reviewer got it all right. I got the 40 inch version for the bedroom and I totally agree with this review. I got it on the cheap so I am not returning it but I would not like to use this as a main TV . All said and done, the SMART features are awesome.