on 8 June 2013
A helpful internet tip led me to this free App, after I had asked for advice in downloading subscribed TV programmes to the Kindle Fire. So far, so good......it has clear, discursive and relatively jargon-free instructions (a rarity these days) and it seems that it will either stream the programme episode you have subscribed to or download it for viewing on the move. There is a warning that downloading takes a lot of space, so don't download unless you have to.

Perhaps Amazon technicians should think about advertising it more widely. I have no idea how few or many people subscribe to TV programmes, but I surely can't be the only one. So long as it continues to work, it's one more feature I can add to my amateur sales pitch for the Kindle Fire HD: people regularly ask about it when they see me with it.
on 24 October 2014
BeyondPod is very functional, the list of features and customisation options are a nice change when compared to other podcast apps for android.

I think BeyondPod gets an unfair reputation on both google play and amazon due to people either being somewhat unreasonable with their criticism. Examples: claiming a feature doesn't exist when it does or simply demanding it should be free.

Now I thought I would share the main differences between BeyondPod Lite (free version) and BeyondPod Pro from their site:

"Lite version has all the features of the Pro version except:

You will be able to update only one feed at a time.
You can download only one episode at a time.
You can play episodes only at normal speed.
Chromecast support will be disabled.
Scheduling of automatic updates will be disabled.
EpisodeSync will be disabled."

The is one little nitpick I have with both versions which is the default search method to find podcasts can often result offering the wrong podcast or nothing at all!

This can be solved by searching for the rss feed for your particular podcast, which isn't that hard to find and once you've done it a few times it's not that much of a chore but it would still be nice if their search feature was better. Only one more thing to add about this is you have to make sure the rss feed includes: https:// otherwise it will not work, to be fair this is written near the field that you enter rss feeds.
on 19 January 2014
This is a great little app. I have used different podcast apps on my Kindle Fire HD and this is the best by far. Easy to find the podcasts I want and also provides the option of downloading so they can be listened to when wifi isn't available. Highly recommended - you won't be disappointed!
on 17 June 2013
After moving from iPhone I tried a few players. None of the others much good. This is the best I could find. Works we'll in both free and paid-for versions. This one is worth paying for
on 30 June 2013
Good little app, very pretty visual presentation and very easy to use, thoroughly satisfied customer. A kindle fire must have.
on 6 March 2016
I still get confused between the play and description buttons but it's great for downloading serial podcasts
on 29 August 2015
Very good, but costs way more here on Amazon than elsewhere
on 5 July 2015
Easy to use Just what I wanted Thanks
on 23 January 2015
Fulfils all my needs. Great app
on 13 May 2016
Best podcast app out there.