5.0 out of 5 stars Won me over
Not being a huge fan of Sat Navs I have to say this is fabulous. Purchased the week prior to going on holiday to the States, just in time to downloaded updated US maps, which did take a few hours but was well worth it. Sat Nav worked minutes after arriving and got us everywhere we asked it to, and even round a diverted route owing to a road closure. Images very clear...
Published 15 months ago by Mrs D T Gale

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed Garmin customer.
Pre ordered mine and very pleased that it arrive on day of release. Having previously had years of great service from a basic TomTom One I was a reluctant convert to Garmin but so many bad reviews of latest tomtom products persuaded me to make the change. I really only wanted to add Europe for a long driving holiday and the old tomtom didn't have that.

I have...
Published 20 months ago by M. Curtis

‹ Previous | 139 40 4178 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellen product!!., 29 Sept. 2013
This sat-nav by Garmin hasn't set my wrong once, i am more than pleased with all aspects of this product!!. Recommended!.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved me in North America., 25 Sept. 2013
H. Durrant "Skyblue wanderer" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I bought this product specifically for a holiday trip to Florida and the traffic jam warning system. I couldn't have done without it in America with the lane selection picture of particular use, the traffic jam feature is yet to be properly tested properly although it did warn me about slow traffic around Tampa which turned out to be correct. The only draw back is there's no automatic updating of maps and even though it's brand new the speed limit prediction was wrong on a couple of locations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Sept. 2013
Nice new features like the picture of the intersection you are approaching. Compact. Easy to use and great touch screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine but No Instructions, 23 Sept. 2013
Delighted with the Garmin but disappointed there are no instructions supplied with it. How can I get them? Any ideas please?

5.0 out of 5 stars very good not use to sat Nav but found it easy to use, 15 Sept. 2013
very good could have had a booklet to explain things better .which with the help of a friend we printed off ,but sat Nav good size
to see while drive ,no problem to date ..

4.0 out of 5 stars In two minds!, 14 Sept. 2013
I already have a Navigon satnav but the screen is too small to see details such as speed limits. However, small details, e.g., arranging destination entries alphabetically gives the Navigon an edge over ease of use. With the Garmin, I like the very definite indication when speed limits are exceeded and cameras are detected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but perhaps look for a larger screen?, 14 Sept. 2013
Dr. Richard Harris (Bristol, Enlgand) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a Tom Tom. It works well - it's intuitive to use (needs to be; there is no manual with it), graphics are good, directions clear, found satellites quickly, rerouted quickly, traffic updates worked well, light and small to carry. With the 'lifetime' maps and traffic alerts it's very good value (lifetime defined by the manufacturer to some degree but I am sure they won't withdraw the services in the near future). My only caution is the screen size. It's the size it's sold at, so the choice was mine. However, I would warn that some symbols and information get a bit small when, for example, various split screens of information are being shown. The key information is always readable but it might be worth considering a 5 inch screen instead. Wish it came with some sort of carry case but they never do. In summary: very pleased withy purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Sept. 2013
J McCole - See all my reviews
This is our first GPS unit, having been using mobile phones extensively before now. It comes with a lifetime maps and travel updates. I have discovered since that it's not the traffic service that comes at a premium from Garmin but a slightly lesser one (ie not the HD traffic) however it seemed to work very effectively for us travelling back from the south of France to the north of England.
I was only gutted the price had plummeted only two days after we had bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 7 Sept. 2013
Shirley Scott - See all my reviews
I've only had this a week now and I can't fault it as yet. I charged it up and changed a few of the settings and changed the voice, although I had to change it back because the turn by turn voice only works with one of the voices. Not a problem though.
After reading other reviews about updating maps, I was a little bit wary, however I plugged it into the computer and found no problems at all. It took nearly 4 hours but I never had any issues at all.
The traffic thing hasn't done anything yet but I assume it's because there hasn't been anything major for it to prompt me to a detour or tell me about a tailback etc. Might review this again once it's been put to the test.
The Bluetooth is great though. My husband thinks it echos a bit but to be honest, whenever I talk to my husband over his Bluetooth phone, the same thing happens. I think it sounds like a time delay thing. It's not a problem as the voice is clear and I'm more than happy with it.
The 2597LMT is so easy to find addresses although there is the odd postcode which it doesn't seem to want to know. Again, it's nothing major and I assume that it might need another update or something so it's nothing to whinge about.
I think anyone who buys this won't be disappointed at all.
I may put a further review on when I've had it a few more months, especially the live traffic thing which I haven't experienced yet.
There are other features which I believe one off payments are required but again, I don't have a need for them as yet so I'm not bothered at the moment.
Overall I'm more than happy with my new Garmin as I bought it to replace previous Garmin Nuvi 250w which never let me down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very competent, 7 Sept. 2013
Way better on the smaller roads than the satnav already installed in the Opel I had. Strange pronunciations of Italian, German street names (I used the English announcer).

‹ Previous | 139 40 4178 | Next ›