4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!
We bought this to replace our old Garmin as we were about to go to Poland, by road, for the first time. Amazingly you can put in your destination, which was across five countries (England, France, Belgium, Holland, germany and Poland) and it will just find the shortest route. It not only tells you, as do the others, to turn right or left but gives you the name of the...
Published 6 months ago by Mrs. S. M. Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed Garmin customer.
Pre ordered mine and very pleased that it arrive on day of release. Having previously had years of great service from a basic TomTom One I was a reluctant convert to Garmin but so many bad reviews of latest tomtom products persuaded me to make the change. I really only wanted to add Europe for a long driving holiday and the old tomtom didn't have that.

I have...
Published 15 months ago by M. Curtis

‹ Previous | 125 26 2754 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes getting used to, 18 Mar 2014
This machine replaces a TomTom and functions differently. Takes getting used to, but find it more difficult to plan a route than with the TomTom, otherwise working fine. I bought it because it was cheaper than the TomTom map and Live services update costs combined.

5.0 out of 5 stars gets you where you want to go., 17 Mar 2014
clear concise maps, good vocal instructions. Great Bluetooth connectivity providing safe hands free communications.
The holder has been improved and stays attached to the winscrean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 17 Mar 2014
Easy to use Sat Nav, graphics and sound are very good equipped with some nice features buy, buy,buy simple as

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sat Nav Ever!!, 16 Mar 2014
Had lots of Sat Navs before and this one ticks all the boxes. Had the smaller screen before but prefer the 7 inch as larger detail. Lots more detail to see as well. When in a speed camera area it lights up in red on the top so you are aware of your situation all the time. I use mine even when not navigating because it still gives you lots of detail. I back all the 5 star reports and which magazine have this as its best buy. Forget all other Sat Navs and buy this you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and simple to operate, 15 Mar 2014
I have never had or used a satnav before so I wanted something easy to operate and that had a clear screen so as not to distract me from focussing on the road. The Garmin 2597 matches up well and I have no problems operating it. The screen is large and clear and the audible instructions also very clear. One happy customer and I would recommend this unit to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitting charger socket, 14 Mar 2014
The charging point at the back is poor, doesn't give the fitting flexibility of Tom Tom or Navman, (you can clip them in and out without then having to disconnect the cable) The mapping and traffic features are great but if I was to replace this unit it would be my third choice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin still having problems - one year later!, 13 Mar 2014
ianwas (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
Last February (2013) I bought a Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT as I've owned a Garmin nuvi satnav for several years with no issues.
However, after trying two 2595's (as the first one was faulty), the second one was faulty too (see my earlier review on this) so they were both returned to Amazon.

A year later I decided to buy the Garmin 2597LMT expecting no problems with it. Big mistake!

Whilst using the Nuvi for the first time in Italy this February, all seemed well until the screen went blank whist navigating on a mountainous road! The sound still worked (directions) but the screen was blank. After stopping to try and fix the problem several times, by pure chance I managed to find the settings button on the touch screen, and this is when I found that the brightness control was simply re-setting it's self to zero brightness! I had no other option other than to 'learn' where to touch the screen so as to get the brightness button to move. the issue continued throughout the week I was in Italy.

Suffice to say that I contacted Amazon about this upon my return to the UK. I was offered another Nuvi 2597LMT (as I had been offered a 2595 last year, which I tried with no better luck) but with memories of that replacement, I opted for the full refund.

Sorry Garmin, but my Nuvi 300 still works fine, the maps are ancient, but it WORKS. What are Garmin doing with their products? Losing customers like me , that's what.

Beware, you may be lucky or you may not be - like me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware 'Hidden Charges" - excuse the pun., 13 Mar 2014
Uses power extremely quickly and is useless without all means of charging the device which it does not supply as standard - the customer is exposed and alone to bear the inconvenience - cost - and risk of buying an unsuitable fitting which may damage a very expensive item.

spike island

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, robust and matching description, 13 Mar 2014
No possible comparison with my last Mio GPS. Faster, more robust, pleasant presentation.
The product I received totally respects the description.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Satnav, 10 Mar 2014
I've now used mine a couple of times on long and short journeys. I've found it very easy to use and the directions given are much easier to follow than my last satnav. It took a long time to download the latest maps but got there in the end. It's a bit expensive but overall very good.

‹ Previous | 125 26 2754 | Next ›