4.2 out of 5 stars1,322
Style Name: W. Europe/Updates/Traffic|Size: 4.3 inch screen|Change

on 8 April 2014
I got this SatNav to use in the UK and Ireland. I'm from the US so I definitely needed something to get me around. It's great and easy to use. I love that it shows me which lane I should be in, this definitely helps for some of the confusing streets in London. I bought my first Garmin in 2010 and am still satisfied with it (it still works, however it's for the US). This version is just an upgrade from my first one. The traffic updates are great as well, it shows how long I will be delayed for. I'm planning on using this throughout more roadtrips in Europe so I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 20 October 2015
What a BARGAIN - I wasn't sure how Garmin software would be, but I prefer this to my old Tom Toms. Thank you Mr Amazon + Garmin. I bought my wife one a week later (His & Hers)
on 6 August 2014
Good enough system that's pretty intuitive to use. Difficult to get the context of where you're going (zoom out doesn't really show you the wider picture with enough detail).
on 9 October 2014
Only used installed sat navs in vehicles before. Installation of maps dis take time but the US is a big country. Have since done some upgdated with not hassle. Just connect to PC with USB cable. My only gripe is with some of the directions. " turn right & take next exit" to me literally means that. Ended up taking a number of wrong turns but keep eye on the map if in doubt. The split screen showing which lane to be in approaching junctions is useful too. Also explains road names and junction numbers to take. Again American signage is a bit confusing so keep scanning the screen.
on 1 September 2014
I've had nuvi370T for years which has (because of memory limitations) had difficulties installing maps to it. Certainly the Garmin Express application did not like it!!
So decided to get a new sat nav with USA maps as well as Western European maps, which narrows your choices.
Thus far the new 2577LT works a treat. Certainly the Local Traffic system is less messy to set up, as it all intergrated into the car power source.
At the end of the day, you canyou use your android or iPhone with a mapping app, but there is no subsitute for a proper sat-nav.
Really pleased.
on 23 February 2014
I took a trip last week in Warrington, uk based on information provided by the Garmin Nuvi 2957 LMT and was good.
I am very pleased with my choice has many applications and easily find what you need
accurate, easy to use and had no problems so far with it
took a while until I installed all the maps (3 hours) but after that no problem
is easy as a menu in several languages ​​which gives extra support to use.
but has a minus delay between what's on the ground and what gives you the image on display a second or two
one another not sorry of my choice
on 25 April 2016
Is faster that the previous model (2595) and the interface is improved. The data connection to the phone is ok, but more of a gimmick I think.

Routing is better, but quite a few times it doesn't show issues when there are, or tells you the road you're driving on is closed... (when that's clearly not the case).

The cable no longer has the radio lead and box etc, much lighter cable and less prone to breaking (cables are expensive)

Despite the small short comings, more than happy with it, and the map updates etc is much improved (Mac software).
on 10 June 2014
I bought this to replace my nuvi 200w, simply because of the extra features. It is okay, except that the 'Recalculating' warning, on taking the wrong turn, is missing. That information, I find very useful, because you immediately realise your mistake and you know you will soon be told what to do. But this nuvi 2407 does not warn you, so for that brief period you panic, and you may be driving towards a river etc., Even when the route is later corrected you might still not realise that you took the wrong turn.
I like it anyway, but I will still have my nuvi 200w handy.
on 17 September 2014
Clear, simple to use, with good directions and warning of junctions. Screen is bright, auto switch to night is good and the bluetooth to phone function for handsfree works seamlessly. The function which shows which lane to be in, along with an image of the junction, is particularly useful when negotiating motorways. Traffic function works well, but does need a few minutes to get all the info through when connected so I suggest plugging it into the car charger as soon as you get in the car and then planning your route so it has time to take on board the traffic conditions.
on 3 May 2014
Having had a previous Nuvi from Australia, rather than update maps I thought I would buy the latest product.

I liked the fact it had extra sensors such as speed cameras etc, but its not perfect, they alert you to things that aren't even there and if you put the settings to miles the distance to turn is far too far away which then means using KM which I am used to, everything else is in that, which can sometimes cause confusion.

Overall its fine but would have hoped since my last purchase they would have made it more personally friendly in settings.