4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!
We bought this to replace our old Garmin as we were about to go to Poland, by road, for the first time. Amazingly you can put in your destination, which was across five countries (England, France, Belgium, Holland, germany and Poland) and it will just find the shortest route. It not only tells you, as do the others, to turn right or left but gives you the name of the...
Published 6 months ago by Mrs. S. M. Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed Garmin customer.
Pre ordered mine and very pleased that it arrive on day of release. Having previously had years of great service from a basic TomTom One I was a reluctant convert to Garmin but so many bad reviews of latest tomtom products persuaded me to make the change. I really only wanted to add Europe for a long driving holiday and the old tomtom didn't have that.

I have...
Published 15 months ago by M. Curtis

‹ Previous | 146 47 4853 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 July 2014
owen davis (Hong Kong, Hong Kong, HK) - See all my reviews
as described

5.0 out of 5 stars looks a great product, I am in the process of sending ..., 12 July 2014
Arrived when it should have, looks a great product, I am in the process of sending it back battery life only about an hour, and was dimming when on a route a so couldnt see things. No hassle returning and replacement on the way so superb service

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Perfect, after you have the app on the phone.. Too

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun 2014
good

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin nuvi 255LMT 5", 4 Jun 2014
I haven't had much time to use this Sat Nav, so I will not give it 5 stars. On local use it seems to meet all my requirements. It is easy to use and is very stable in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems finding satellites - turn out to be my problem!, 7 May 2014
I originally wrote: "I've just received a replacement Nuvi 2547 and, like the original one, this one has problems finding satellites - in fact it hasn't found any yet regardless of how much in the open it is. The original one found satellites and worked for one journey. Then, in the middle of the second journey, it began to lose touch with the satellites - on and then off - and finally gave up the ghost. I've now lost faith in Garmin and will be looking elsewhere."
Sorry Garmin, the problem was me. I carried on researching, including going to the support pages on the Garmin website (very good by the way!) and I now have it sorted. The problem was my little FM transmitter that I use to play my MP3 player through the radio. Its FM transmissions clearly interfere with satellite signals. Turn it off and the Satnav performs extremely well. And to be totally fair to Garmin, they do suggest that problems getting satellites could be caused by devices like this. I was slow to recognise that I was using such a device. I'm now very satisfied with the Satnav, with the updating service and process, and with the support available via the Garmin website.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-Hyped Satnav., 5 May 2014
I wanted a Satnav with Good Traffic Info/route revision and Hands-on-wheel & Eyes-on-road Voice Control. Amazon did the 2577LT offer with glowing and very specific claims for Voice Control. The 2577LT cannot deliver them. The claims for the Traffic were more complex but looked as though they would deliver. The reality did not.

Would I trust an Amazon promotion again. Absolutely not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable directions but slow to acquire satellite., 5 May 2014
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 2597LM 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth (Electronics)
Once programmed with the destination address, the device gets you there with reliable instructions. The large screen is very clear and the lane guidance very helpful within England, Wales and Scotland. I have not used it in Europe yet. I have not used the Bluetooth facility as my car has a hands free telephone connection.
Takes time to connect to satellites and the attachment / release from the windscreen mount is not the best I have used.
On the whole, a good device for in car satellite navigation, through rather expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Mar 2014
What a step up from my 205! Simple to navigate having had a few Garmin's. Junction view very helpful but it only appears on motorways. The resolution of the screen is a huge improvement with clear maps in portrait or landscape. Lifetime map updates a big bonus and easy to do once registered online. The traffic updates are pretty rubbish so far but you cant have everything.
Bluetooth works ok but the volume and clarity aren't great and even the voice recognition works but can struggle a little bit with road noise.
It does need some security on it like a PIN code but I don't think it has it. Great at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 27 Mar 2014
don't know weather its me or Garmin. went from yorks to Cornwall wanted to go m1 set me of down the m6. used in Cornwall sent you round the houses . in stead of direct route. will persevere.

‹ Previous | 146 47 4853 | Next ›