4.2 out of 5 stars1,322
Style Name: W. Europe/Updates|Size: 5 inch screen|Change
Price:£89.95 - £394.81

on 8 September 2013
This is our first GPS unit, having been using mobile phones extensively before now. It comes with a lifetime maps and travel updates. I have discovered since that it's not the traffic service that comes at a premium from Garmin but a slightly lesser one (ie not the HD traffic) however it seemed to work very effectively for us travelling back from the south of France to the north of England.
I was only gutted the price had plummeted only two days after we had bought it.
on 4 February 2015
Excellent product we have within days of getting it , we were usuing in the USA, then in Uk and a few weeks later on the continent. My only critism is that when we driving in France there was a major road closure and we found it veryy difficult to get it to give and alternative route. The avoidences ask for an area to avoid and as we did not know how far the problem extended it was a problem, plus it had not flagged this up although it did with loads of other road problems
on 29 July 2014
Well pleased with this, bought it for going abroad, last one lasted ten years, value as with all satnavs a bit high, delivery good
on 2 May 2014
Good, particularly if you are long sighted and don't like bifocals, but the latest one, the 2798, has a reversing camera with it.
on 4 March 2016
Just stopped working for no apparent reason, the screen won't come on 99% of the time and it won't acquire satellites, so essentially it's useless. I've only had it 18 months and been really delighted with its functionality. There's not much point having lifetime maps and traffic updates if the device itself has such a ridiculously short lifespan. I may boycott Garmin as a result even though I liked the Garmin satnav format better than a TomTom. Very disappointing.
on 21 July 2014
it took awhile to do initial update and i had a problem with the brightness turning down by itself but is now ok. Easy to use .
on 3 September 2013
Replacement for my 5" Garmin! Much easier to see and use in my Motorhome. Looking forward to using it in France next month!
on 20 January 2015
Very accurate generally, junction view works well. very clear sound. Some place-name pronunciations are a bit weird but that applies to sat-navs generally! Bought this at a very good price, almost the same as the cost of just buying updates for my older Garrmin.

I did update the older one though, so now I have two with lifetime updates as updates are included with this offer.

Definitely recommend the Garmin nuvi 2547LM with lifetime updates.
on 1 June 2014
This is replacement for Sat Nav 'borrowed' by a friend. There are slight differences. One thing I like is the speed that it will rework the route if you make an error rather than just telling you to turn round. A note of caution though. Sometimes the reworked route does not take you on the fastest roads and you get a lot of town driving. Sticking on original routes no such problem. The pictures of junctions seem to be fewer than previous model but its early days.
on 11 July 2015
I bought this Sat Nav after borrowing a very similar Garmin from my family. It served us well through France, Belgium and Holland. It is easy to use and takes just a minute to set up. I had a UK & ROI TomTom before but their equivalent was a lot more expensive. There are a couple of nice touches such as greying out the keys when entering a postcode. This restricts the chance of making mistakes as only valid combinations can be entered. Overall a great Sat Nav.