on 12 September 2014
This is my second pair of these trousers, having purchased a pair for winter riding a year ago.
There has been a marked increase in quality for these latest trousers in the material & stitching.
The previous pair were in two parts, the outer & a winter liner that zipped in. They had removable knee & hip protection built in.
My experience over the year is that the seams started to fray & rip appart & they were not waterproof.
These new items are soo much better, however are constructed as a single unit ( no double layer ). This is not a problem as they are sufficently thick. They are waterproof as tested on the road. I have a 38" waist & 32" inside leg & wear these over my regular jeans so I bought a 40" waist with the long leg 34" which are perfect, not too tight & easy to get over my motorbike boots. These latest haveremovable knee protectors, two waterproof zipped pockets & the legs unzip fron top to bottom, secured by velcro.
Would buy again.
Update.....
Was taken out by a car driver last week doing 40mph, ended up sliding on the tarmac. The material around my knee was badly ripped, however the protection stayed in place & saved my knee from damage. Not even a bruise on my knee. Already ordered a new pair.
22 comments24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2014
Ok so first, I bought these one size bigger and when I put them on I thought they were huge, but the adjustable straps mean I can tighten then up to fit nice and snug. I recommend buying 1 size too big so you can wear thick trousers underneath as well as work trousers.

The trousers are warm and well constructed with two small side pockets and zipped outside legs for getting them on and off with ease.

Knee pads are sound and whilst there is no hip protection, they do feel robust.

I am tall and the long leg is great as the trousers still cover ankles when in riding position.

I have not worn these in rain yet but they do offer much higher level of wind protection than my armoured Jeans.

For the price these are a great trouser and they make it simpler than having to take armoured jeans to work with me and have to change.

You would not want to do too much walking around in these, especially on days 20 degrees + I put them on in the garage and take them off as soon as I am off the bike.
on 16 January 2015
For the price, they are fantastic.

£40 and they're still going over 2 years later, being used on the daily 15 mile commute.

The velcro on the fly has started coming off but the zip and press stud mean it's not an issue. They've gradually got less waterproof and they never kept out HEAVY rain, as water would get in down the side zips.

I only ever used the side zips once. The velcro and super long zip is way more hassle than just removing my boots and sliding them off. They have a nice smooth material on the inside that makes taking them them on/off over your clothes a breeze.

They are decently warm when used correctly as over trousers. Then fit over larger boots. The knee protection moves a little and in a crash I'm not sure it would stay in exactly the right spot. The material is fairly thick and I feel perfectly at ease commuting in them though.

Not recommended for any motorways or higher speeds but for £40, they are better than I expected them to be.
on 31 August 2012
This is a must in the winter. Waterproof and insulated. Very comfortable. Good quality and flexible. Would recommend this to any motor scooter/bike enthusiast.
on 27 June 2014
After reading the reviews, I went for a size larger than I would normally buy. This was great advice, as they fit well over jeans. The full length leg zips, make getting them on easy even with boots on. There are two zipped pockets, that everyone has been asking for. If you are worried about the waist band being too big, there are velcro straps on each side for adjustment. The quality appears to be very good and the knee protection will help on cold winter rides. There is a rear zip that will attach to a paddock jacket, to keep your back warm. I have not ridden in the wet but I think, looking at the quality I think they should be ok in most wet weather. Not sure how they will stand up to a longer ride in heavy rain, will have to see, hence only 4 stars. Before ordering this product I had a good look round, including my local bike shops. These trousers are a third of the price and appear equal quality to those seen in the bike shops.
on 2 August 2011
For the money these pants are fine,I have'nt actually been caught in a really heavy downpour so can not say if they are totally waterproof! But for a shower they seem fine.Only down side I can pinpoint is and it's not a dealbreaker,but there are no pockets in them! Ideally for me they could do with 2 zipped pockets on the sides,but none the less they are worth the money and do have full length velcro and zips right down the legs.Little tip if your putting them on over your boots instead of undoing the velcro and zips, Just put a carrier bag on your foot and it helps the pants go on easier...
on 17 February 2014
I have given these trousers 4 stars I am a 36 waist and tall so ordered a 38 long , the fit is good even with jeans on underneath. The knee pads I took out as they irritated me too much , but thats just mei think . Wore them in the torrential rain the other day and I mean torrential rain it was very bad weather , they kept me warm but let some water in at the knees hence only 4 stars . Good value for money , I dont know if anything else would have been better and not leaked it was the worst rain ive ever ridden in .
on 10 October 2013
Been using these for 2 weeks on my 125cc in Shetland weather.(strong winds, rain etc)

For the money they're good, quite waterproof unless you sit on a wet seat. They fit really well, bought a short leg one size over my waist & used the provided belt. You may want to consider using ankle bands to keep the draft out your legs though. Also the outer Velcro is one strip and can bunch up but with a little care you can seal up properly.

As my title says not the warmest, but then again they don't claim to be windproof so can't really complain too much.

For £40+ delivery. they're a good starter, cheap cheerful & wont break the bank unlike brandname equivalent such as Alpinestars. Definitely a good buy to get you going & keep you dry.

Pros: Cheap, fit well, Reasonably waterproof.

Cons: Not the warmest, no adjustment at ankle, no pockets.
on 10 December 2013
I bought these to wear over my work clothes when I ride, specifically for rain use (obviously), and these are brilliant. Nice and roomy, some knee protection and totally waterproof. I've riden in showers and rain storms and these keep my clothes underneath dry, which amazes me to be honest! Definatley recommend, and will buy more when (and if!) mine split.
on 21 April 2014
Came quickly, but got the wrong size to start with - the 34L. They are VERY long. Anyone with not long legs should definitely get the Small length.