4.0 out of 5 stars Supple case and fabric is hard wearing
Published 23 months ago by beabash

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase was good to look at and light
Suitcase was good to look at and light. However, on its first trip the inner stitching on the lid section was beginning to give way.
I contacted the manufacturers USBInternational regarding the 10 year warranty.
Published 7 months ago by Hansam

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase was good to look at and light, 3 Oct. 2014
I contacted the manufacturers USBInternational regarding the 10 year warranty.
They wanted me to cut the case fabric, and send the stitched label to them, asked me to produce the warranty ticket that was attached to the case in the shop, then insisted that in order to get my replacement, I had to pay for it to be delivered, at least £10!
My case was less than 4 weeks old!
Needless to say, the strength of the "warranty" is not quite as it seems.......

Poor case and poor service, not happy and would not recommend this brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Supple case and fabric is hard wearing, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Aerolite Super-Lightweight Suitcase Luggage, World Lightest Holiday Carry on Baggage, Large and Small Cabin Travel Bags in 18” 21” 26” 29” 32” Sets (Luggage)
I took the medium sized case on a 3 week tour of China. Not a beach holiday but cold weather clothes. It went on 2 long haul journeys(4 flights) and 6 internal flights in China. Fabric is very solid and has hardly been touched. Will be using this one for the next planned trip to India. When full it comes in just under 20kg which was the luggage allowance for Chinese domestic flights.
Compared to other suitcases it is very supple. I found that if packed and left it overnight upright, the contents "sunk" leaving space to pack the last minute bits and bobs in the top without having to open it all out. Not quite stable when being pulled, as other styles but it makes up by being so lightweight.

Sorry for the delay in answering - I bought the 26 inch case (size includes wheels). Back from 2 week tour of India which included 4 international and 1 domestic flight and case is still going strong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings!, 29 Jun. 2014
I ordered the 32" two-wheeled expandable Aerolite as well as the matching two-wheeled (non-expandable) 21" cabin size Aerolite. One reviewer pointed out that it is useless to write a review before actually using the suitcases so I took his advice! And I am glad I did! I was initially so pleased with the 32" suitcase that I would have given it 5 stars! I have now given it three - it's okay! Colour: just as illustrated and I am still very pleased with the colour (Plum). However, I was disappointed when I collected the case at baggage reclaim after its very first flight - the frame (the back right hand corner near the telescopic handle) had been dented and the fabric very slightly frayed on the edge of the case. The damage is minor and hardly noticable but it annoyed me! I still like the fabric very much - it is lovely and seemed to be strong stuff - but I doubt that it is really as hard wearing as it is made out to be - the suitcase, after all, comes with a very attractive but baffling ten year guarantee. The guarantee seems totally useless as it does not cover any sort of damage caused to the suitcase by baggage handlers at airports or anywhere else for that matter! I don't think the case would survive ten years of frequent travelling and I can't fathom how one can benefit from the guarantee anyway! But the case should survive one or two return trips a year by plane for a few years. A good point one reviewer made is that a 32" expandable Aerolite will hold a lot more than the 20 kilo limit for European flights. I agree with him but I needed a large suitcase to carry four King size duvets and gifts for friends and family on a short European flight. I filled the case to bursting volume-wise because I had four 4.5 tog King size duvets, some ceramic gifts packed inside them, a thick winter coat, boots and some other clothing. The case, however, weighed less than 20 kilos because duvets are lightweight items. "Normal" holiday contents such as clothes, shoes, toiletries etc would reach the 20 kilo weight limit long before the 32" suitcase would be anywhere near full and certainly there would be no need to use the expanding zip feature! The Aerolite expanding 26" suitcase would certainly be a better option if you are limited to 20 kilos, and possibly for a 32 kilo weight limit too with the expanding zip feature. Wheels: three wheels on my wagon might well be better than one wheel on my wagon if a wheel gets damaged but, even so, I chose the two-wheeled Aerolite as I thought that these wheels would be less likely to get damaged or snapped off somewhere between check-in and baggage reclaim than the type of wheels on the Aerolite four-wheeled version. I am still very happy with this decision as I saw people at the airport with what had once been four-wheeled suitcases. The Pros: it is an attractive suitcase; more importantly, it is wonderfully lightweight so you can pack more stuff into it than you could into a heavier, more solid suitcase if you are goverened by a weight limit; it is expandable allowing you to pack some extra volume; it is delightfully easy to manoeuvre. The Cons: the frame is flimsy so the suitcase could get damaged in transit when crushed by other heavy suitcases or when hurled about by baggage handlers if it is not fully and solidly packed to resist being crushed and hurled about. The suitcase probably woulnd't stand many years of frequent travel if regularly at the mercy of airport baggage handlers! Bottom line: it did its job for me and is worth the price on Amazon (but not worth the full recommended retail price) if you are realistic about the sort of treatment any suitcase might be subjected to at airports. I may give the 26" a try since it is probably the ideal size for filling up to the 20 kilo weight limit on European flights. With regard to the 21" cabin size two-wheeled Aerolite in Plum, I am very happy indeed with my choice and give it five stars although I was intially disappointed by how small it was. It does not expand so you really are limited to how much stuff you can get into it. This is a good thing as it prevents me from repeating the experience of having to pay €55 to Easyjet for having filled an "approved cabin size" expanding case to bursting point! Wheels are included in the measurements so the Aerolite two-wheeled version gives you a bit more packing space than the four-wheeled version! I would not want to put my 21" case in the hold so I think it should easily last ten years of frequent flying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super case - Aerolite 18", 18 Mar. 2014
This case is just perfect. Just used it for a city break in Italy. Surprisingly holds a lot of clothes and doesn't become heavy. Great pockets on the outside and easy use handle. Very sturdy and a great little case. A great accessory for any trip away. Fitted easily in the overhead storage on a RyanAir flight and is well within their size guidelines. Fantastic

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 21 Sept. 2013
Updated 30.01.2014 - Just returned from a two week holiday and my original 5 star rating was a bit premature. We only had 15 kg in each of the two cases, but one case had the stitching break on a corner and the other had the handle pull loose from one of the telescopic arms. This all happened on the way out, so not due to excess handling during the holiday. We will be returning the cases as these defects should not happen after only two outings.

Bought two 26 inch cases and have just taken them to a trip to Marrakech. They are extremely light and hard wearing. The handles are well stitched in and therefore unlikely to break. The pockets are a good size with one small and one large and will accommodate all the types of items we normally take that need easy access. The material feels strong and the wheels run smoothly (we purchased the 4 wheel models). Marrakech has a lot of cobbled alleyways in the old town where we were staying and the wheels handled these no problem. Can't see any weakness or sign of hard wear since returning, so very happy with them.

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad buy!, 10 Sept. 2013
I bought this suitcase as it was advertised as being light and sturdy! Not so. The aluminium tubes holding the retractable handle were bent when I retrieved it from the airport carousel and I could not pull out the handle. They were obviously not strong enough for the purpose. None of the other cases were damaged in this way. Yes, it was light but being able to use it only once has made it a terrible purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, light, easy to use, 9 Mar. 2013
Arrived in 48 hours and was just what I wanted. Very light and much bigger interior than I was expecting. Excellent additional zip allowing the suitcase to be expanded further.
Took all the skiing clothes of a family of 5 without a problem. Not sure how well it would stand up to being thrown around alot by baggage handlers - only time will tell as I'll be using this for many holidys to come but I would definitely recommend this suitcase for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 14 Mar. 2014
Very light, so much that you could fit in enough for two people, I would probably advise for flights to get the smaller one as I am going to America and it's not full and still weighs 23 kilos!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent is all I can say, 4 Mar. 2015
I bought these in the 26" and 29" sizes. Excellent is all I can say. They have been on 8 flights, 4 of which fully loaded at 23kg - and they have survived virtually unscathed. Just bought another on for Mum to replace one of her cases of a different make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with the look, weight and durability., 17 April 2015
Anna C (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant and tough for such a lightweight case. I bought the 29" for the hold and the 21" for the cabin (both Tangerine), plus bright lime-green belts and tags and I could spot it on the carousel a mile away. Annoyed that heavy baggage handling smeared something grimy across it on my first trip. And on the return, something soaked the outside but nothing got inside and the cover dried off quickly.

I took this up to the maximum airline allowance of 23KG. Breakables wrapped in clothes in the centre were unscathed. The zips all run smoothly. The extendable handle is robust and long enough -- I'm quite tall. The two wheels were able to take kerbs and bumps easily, probably better than 4-wheel cases. The two handles (top and side) were strong for loading into taxis. The balance was perfect so it never toppled over.

The one time it did topple over, it wasn't the fault of the case. I had an accident with it back in London at Liverpool Street. The escalator treads from the main-line station (around platforms 3-5) to the higher level are so shallow, and the run-in length so short, that I didn't have time to adjust the case when I pulled it after me. The steps start to rise almost immediately and the wheels caught the step I was standing on. The inevitable happened and it fell backwards, dragging me with it so my head was facing down the rising escalator. With visions of having my clothing pulled into the mechanism at the top, the knight in shining armour behind me (people can be amazing) used all his strength to keep me above the steps while my friend who was above me had no room to manoeuvre. Luckily, someone hit the emergency red button and stopped it before we hit the top. My friend was more shaken than I was.

A week later, my friend saw a similar thing happen to a woman on the Liverpool Street Station escalator going up to Bishopsgate and was able to take her weight on his shoulder before she completely toppled. Lesson: take the lift! And designers of escalators at stations and places where people are likely to be transporting luggage: take a leaf out of the airports' book and take luggage into consideration.