on 19 August 2013
Found this test extremely easy to use and quickly gave a pretty accurate result - used one test on my husband who is routinely tested by GP and the results matched. The test really does only want a drop of blood unlike some other home kits that seem to need a finger-full! Clear to read the results as well. Would highly recommend this if you want to self-test.
on 24 May 2014
Both needles were manufactured so that we could not get them out despite a lot of effort and thinking about what we could be doing wrong. Instead we had to use a real sewing needle. Apart from that the actual test worked OK. I wouldn't mind a replacement for future use.
on 29 August 2013
I found the test easy to use and interpret, however good preparation is essential. The test is time-sensitive so have a timer at hand to start when the blood is applied to the test stick. At 40 seconds the test result is ready and you then have a further 25 seconds to interpret the test, which is done by comparing the colour of the test strip with a colour card. However, the colour shades between the different cholesterol levels are quite subtle, so ensure you carry out the test in an area with very good lighting. Overall a very useful product and I would use again.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 February 2014
Having used several test kits in the past I found this one very easy to use and read. As long as you follow the instructions I cannot see a problem. I appreciate some people have had some issues but I didn't find this to be the case.
on 18 November 2014
Good kit to get a basic idea of your cholesterol level i tested before breakfast and anther day after meals in the evening
on 30 January 2016
Dont do it ,very tricky,for the same price go to your local large chemist,they do a accurate digital reading taken by an expert.
on 16 November 2014
Read lots of reviews and was cautious about this kit. It was in fact a piece of cake to use. I did read instructions a couple times before starting. Very quick and easy and avoids sitting in the doctors surgery with sick people. Now off for a drink to celebrate result.
on 30 January 2015
Reliable results which matched lab results
on 18 March 2014
Arrived quickly and much better value for money than the ones from Boots, but the results are quite difficult to read
on 25 October 2015
I Followed instructions carefully and correctly and got no result at all so was a waste of time and money for myself