4.0 out of 5 stars Very good dashboard cam.
After owning another camera, I decide this is a bit expensive but the performance and quality sometimes worth it, this camera does not disappoint, radar warning function well and sometimes alerts where there are, but that does not matter very easy to use, comes with an 8GB card, enough, very good cam of the well known manufacturer Mio, good quality.
Published 12 months ago by ferlanzarote

1.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality but there is a 'but'!
Firstly I love Mio products and the solid build of this is no different but unfortunately the support service from Mio stinks! I have waited an age to get one of these but after much research and finally taking the plunge I have been grossly disappointed.
Published 7 months ago by JB

1.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality but there is a 'but'!, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mio MiVue 388 InCarCam GPS DVR Dashcam HD Car Journey Accident Recorder and Speed Camera Detector (Electronics)
Like one of the other reviewers has commented, the calendar and time function will not retain when configured and defaults. Oddly enough a different time and date to that programmed in memory is recorded along with the footage. This makes me suspect a firmware issue. I have the latest firmware installed and have reinstalled it again but the problem still persists?
I tried to call Mio support but no response, I have repeatedly emailed my issue to the support team again no response so I am reluctantly returning my unit for a refund (not Amazon).
Would I accept a replacement? probably not the device is a little on the large side and cannot be hidden inconspicuously. It is reminiscent of a sat-nav perched on the screen.

Edit:
Just to say I have since purchased the Mio Mivue 518 and the Firmware is just so much better and has none of the issues I reported on this review. It cost me half the price of the 388 but lacks the speed camera warnings. This did not concern me and other models are available with this feature available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good dashboard cam., 18 Mar. 2014
ferlanzarote (29 Nova Road, CR02TN) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with iOS, 20 July 2014
This device works very well, is easy to use and I have not had any problems with the suction on the window as others have reported. I decided to view the images on my Mac which is when it all went wrong. The description of this camera clearly states PC/Mac otherwise I would not have bought it. It is however NOT compatible with iOS so I cannot download the video footage. I do have an old laptop somewhere that has Windows on it so I will see if I can resurrect that to view the footage. Very disappointed after such a good start. If I had been able to use my Mac I probably would have given this 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mivue 388, 25 Feb. 2014
Firstly the sticker works OK. The performance of the camera is good and the unit was reasonably easy to set up. However the unit seems unable to retain the set-up information, more often than not the menu set-up screen appears having forgotten the previous settings. I thought perhaps this was because the battery needed to be conditioned as it did hold for two days but today after a few hours it was back to the old routine!

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks awesome etc. but does NOT do the job, 14 Mar. 2015
expensive and not reliable. Just sent it back second time to be fixed. keeps switching off or not even starting recording. Looks awesome etc. but does NOT do the job. I would rather avoid buying that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Otherwise a brilliant little device, 23 Nov. 2014
Low-capacity onboard battery means the Mio occasionally stops working, so you have to plug it in to your computer and reset time/date etc. Otherwise a brilliant little device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, great idea if, 16 Mar. 2015
Great camera, great idea if, you could rely on it working.
Continuous recording on any trip to date has been about 50mins then it turns off and you loose large chunks of the trip, not a lot of good if you cannot go between A_B without it recording, or worse having to turn it back on every 20 mins or so whilst bombing up the M4.
As for the safety camera it hasn't worked yet even when I deliberately drive past a camera.
Waste of money, avoid, there must be better

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera let down by poor suction mount, 23 Dec. 2013
Really pleased with camera, but has a tendency to fall off the screen as suction mount is not up to the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the camera but the suction pad leaves a ..., 13 Mar. 2015
Very pleased with the camera but the suction pad leaves a bit to be desired, the camera intermittently falls down from the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars mio 388 camera, 3 Aug. 2014
works well but at full price is rather expensive