5.0 out of 5 stars So close to the release of the first book
I love the originality, the points of view, the references to history/historical events, the secrets that are not predictable but make sense after you discover them (almost make you think "I should be able to figure it out!" but you get so caught up in the story, it doesn't matter)
Published on 5 April 2013 by Greetje

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good.
I preferred the other books. It took me awhile to get into this book. But I stuck with it as I want to read the snow white book.
Published 21 months ago by sarah berry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So close to the release of the first book, 5 April 2013
This review is from: The Grimm Diaries Prequels volume 11- 14: Children of Hamlin, Jar of Hearts, Tooth & Nail & Fairy Tale, Ember in the Wind, Welcome to Sorrow, and Happy ... (A Grimm Diaries Prequel Box set Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Who is the star? is the one secret that keeps me busy right now. I am hoping it is not the predictable one, but the one I hope it is, but maybe my guess is too evil to be one of the lost 7 (believe me, once you've read all 15 prequels it is hard to let it go)
If you're up for adventure, originality, clever thought out connections between histories, fairy tales, reality and fantasy and this all made into fabulous stories, I'd say be clever and get these prequels.
There will be more coming after the first book of the series comes out (Snow White Sorrow), and I can't wait. Finally there's a writer who will bring out a series of books that will be interesting and lovely to read and won't be predictable and there won't be a predetermined good guy and a bad guy and just a singular adventure. Decide for yourself who you like and who you think the evil ones are, but let me give you one hint: Evil is a point of view

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of spelling errors, 11 Oct. 2013
I really like this series but reading 11-14 at the moment, i have noticed there a lot of grammatical and spelling errors, not to mention missing words. Very annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic way to lead you into the real drama, 6 Nov. 2014
Well done Cameron the prequels were such a revolutionary idea and really wet the appetite for the main events. I will really look forward now to starting them. While your stories are such fun and founded on a multitude of lore and tale you really need proof readers who will.spot the spelling and punctuation errors as these spoil what should really be mainstream reads. Well done and keep.it up I wish I had half an ounce of the writing talent you have. And if you are reading this review you really need to check out the I am alive series Cameron is a consummate story teller.

5.0 out of 5 stars un-put-downable!, 7 Dec. 2014
Another set of great prequels, I read this in one night, not good as I would really like to be able to function clearly the next day! It is very easy to get drawn into this beautifully described world and care about the characters. I loved the interesting twists on such well known fairy tales, done in such a way, that for me, it enhances the originals, making me want to find out more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good set, 19 April 2014
I like these Prequels so much, hooked once again,thinking of just buying all of Cameron Jace's books. Love them all so far!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved these books, 5 Mar. 2014
A great follow on from the previous prequels building on the character stories so I'm now looking forward to the next prequels and the 1st book in the series :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical fairy tale, 1 Mar. 2014
Excellent story lines that have you hooked ftom the beginning. As the story continues you begin to see the links between the story and the characters, that keep you wanting to know more.

A great twist on the classic fairy tales we all know and love. Even though these aren't your typical fairy tales, you can see how all the prequels make sense and how this could very well be true.

Once you read them you can agree that evil really is a point of view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down, 27 Nov. 2013
Every prequel leaves you wanting more. Can't wait to start reading the first book. Would recommend to everybody as a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well..., 20 Oct. 2013
I love it!!! This prequels are amazing. All of them are starting from the first one. Cameron Jace is an amazing writer with a huge imagination. Can't wait for the next books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good., 20 Sept. 2013