5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read
This is the second book in a three part series which started with Pines. Although it is not necessary to have read Pines first, it will help, but I think it will be necessary to have read this book at least before reading the third book in the series, when that is released.

Published 21 months ago by ElaineG

3.0 out of 5 stars ironically addictive
I had already read the first book in the series and was curious to see what lay in store for Ethan. Must say i find the whole plot line a bit far-fetched but paradoxically it is a page-turner. And everyone loves a rebel, right?!
Published 20 months ago by Jane Harkess

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 19 Sept. 2013
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

It is very hard to categorise this book - part horror, part science fiction, part dystopian, part conspiracy read. If you like your horror set in small town America then this read really should be right up your street. I have seen it likened to Twin Peaks and Twilight Zone and if you throw The Prisoner, Stepford and The Walking Dead into the mix, then that should give you an idea of the sort of read you are going to get.

I found it very gripping and addictive, with a really good well thought out storyline. One word of caution - this read does end on a cliffhanger, so if you like your stories all nicely wrapped up at the end, then this may not be the read for you. Personally I am now really looking forward to the next in the series and I understand that Fox TV are turning it into a serial, so that is something that will be well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars great follow up, 22 Sept. 2013
This is a great 2nd part to what I'm guessing will be a trilogy. Sometimes middle books are fillers, but not this one which combines a murder mystery with the continuing revelations of the post-apocolyptic world created in the first book in the series. It also fills in some more of the backstory for key characters and introduces more insight into the 'abbies', laying foundations for how these creatures might develop in the next in the series
I devoured this in a day and can't wait for the 3rd installment.

Read Pines first if you haven't read this.
And if you have read Pines read Wayward!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended reading, 5 July 2014
Pete F. (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After having read and really enjoyed 'Pines' (the first book in this series) I was looking forward to reading this book. It picks up the story from where it left off in book one and was every bit as engrossing. I don't remember when I last read fiction books so avidly - I usually read more factual or technical titles. I am now going to have to buy 'The Last Town' (book three in the series) in order to read the rest of the story. I would thoroughly recommend these books to anyone that enjoys a bit of escapism that's not too heavy a read.

3.0 out of 5 stars ironically addictive, 5 Nov. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Wayward Pines book 2, 5 July 2014
When I started to read the first book I nearly gave up. But, something kept me hooked. I had to buy book 2, now I have to buy book 3. 'nuf said' as we say in Salford.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book - I've ordered the third one which should ..., 3 July 2014
Brilliant book - I've ordered the third one which should be with me mid July - I recommend all of the Wayward Pines books!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first book was great and the greatness continues into book 2, 25 Jan. 2014
MISTERWINT (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
without writing any spoilers for anyone who hasn't read this or the first book, all I'll say is that it is just as gripping as the first, just as sinister and you can never be too sure which side anyone is on. I can't wait for the third book which I think is due out in June.

If you like a good mystery with a twist with a bit of sci-fi added in for good measure then this series of books could be for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 of this addictive pulp trilogy, 22 Mar. 2015
Roman Clodia (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Following on from Pines, this takes up the story of Ethan Burke, now sheriff of the sinister town, Wayward Pines. Like the first book this is a romp of pulp fiction that takes its inspiration from Twin Peaks - though this installment adds monsters...

Do read Pines first before plunging into this - and do be aware that the cliff-hanger ending means you'll need the 3rd part (The Last Town) handy.

As with the first book, this won't be winning any literary prizes but is ludicrously addictive. Despite the number of pages, the writing is full of short sentences and so the book doesn't take more than a couple of hours to read - ridiculously fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was recommended but not read yet, 16 Nov. 2014
This was recommended but not read yet, had recommended to a colleague she has finished it could not put it down wished it was a tv mini series can't wait to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from beginning to end!, 21 Mar. 2014
I absolutely love all of Crouch's work, and this sequel to Pines was fantastic.
Gripping, fast paced, excellent writing style. Couldn't put it down, and for the first time
in my life contacted the author to congratulate him on such an excellent story.
I don't like discussing plot lines etc in reviews as the blurb on the back tells you what it's about,
and I think opinions can be spoilers!. All I can say is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant - oh and maybe I'm odd,
because I would love to live in Wayward Pines!