5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good
This is a good piece of kit. Having come across a load of slides when my mother passed, I needed an inexpensive way to check them out. This does the job just fine for home users. It is also adjustable for different thicknesses of slides and is easy to use.
Published 15 months ago by Batterseamike

I found this machine completely useless for transferring my high quality slides to PC. It works - but the quality of reproduction is so poor that I'm afraid it is on its way back to the supplier by return. The downloaded images were completely blurred, no matter what setting you used. Cannot recommend it at all.
Published 3 months ago by Mr Wilfred D Forshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: ION SLIDE TO PC 35mm SLIDES NEGATIVES FILM SCANNER 5MP CAMERA OPTION (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and Effective, 27 Nov 2013
It was the trend to take slide photographs when I was a youngster. Then you could bore your friends and family with slide shows. Then you got rid of your screen and slide projector. Now with the Ion Slide to PC scanner you can quickly transfer all those memories onto digital format. This is a relatively basic machine but it is simple to use and I was able to convert some 700+ slides in just a few hours of pleasurable effort.

I am looking forward now to using the Ion to scan and convert all of the photographic negatives that lie in the back of the cupboard.

The difficulty now comes of remembering exactly where all of those photographs were taken and putting names to all of those old familiar faces!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 30 Dec 2013
N. Cheeseman - See all my reviews
I received the item quickly, after reading reviews on other scanners I was dubious, but I have to say this is a great piece of kit, the fabled blue background was a worry but if you just take the negative out and slide it back in it works fine I reckon other readers are worse the blue is just it settling and focusing, nothing bad, iv used it loads today and it's been fantastic, can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scanner, 2 Jan 2014
Good simple wee charger that does the job, doesn't cost too much. Ideal for the numbers I had to do but if you have hundreds to do, then would suggest a more expensive (and quicker to use) model

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use staight from the box, 17 Oct 2013
The main problem I have is the poor quality of the slides which I am scanning - the scanner itself is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, 24 Nov 2013
The scanner paid for itself the first day I used it.
It is quick and easy to use and works like a dream.

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS WELL, 20 Nov 2013
Mr. John H. Wooler (uk) - See all my reviews
i was a bit sceptical when I ordered this as I have tried in vane to copy negatives to PC using my scanner and a gadget supplied with it was rubbish.
This one works very well and does what it says in the advert. Very pleased with its simple design and low cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, if used with care. Very precise scanning and easy to use., 14 Nov 2013
D. J. Williamson (liverpool, england) - See all my reviews
I have scanned almost all of my hundreds of slides, with great success. I haven't tried negatives yet. Occasionally it reads a bit askew.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slkde Scanner to PC, 6 Feb 2014
It's a bit stiff to get the slide tray in, and I was disappointed it offered "standard resolution" only, which, I think (it doesn't tell you,) is 640 x 480. But it was o.k.

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this machine completely useless for transferring my high quality slides to PC, 24 Sep 2014