4.0 out of 5 stars Great all round machine
Does what you expect for a good price and delivery to Portugal within 36 hours of the order!! As with all Vx machines, a little bit plasticky but just use carefully
Published 16 months ago by Peter Knopp

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed
Published 16 months ago by Shiv

4.0 out of 5 stars Great all round machine, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Vax S6S Home Pro Steam Cleaner + Detergent (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, 19 Nov. 2013
I have my steamer about a year and to be honest when I got it first I loved it! Thought it was excellent, however over time the following has happened, the cord attachment between the plug and steamer has been well kinked through just using it. The handle is coming apart, the nozzle used to connect the attachments is broken! the actual unit its self is fine it is everything else that is cheap and breaks.
My advice don't buy this unless you can replace the attachments every year or so. Mine gets used but not to the extent that you would expect this to happen. Bad value for money. Vax S6S Home Pro Steam Cleaner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good steamer, shame bout the attachments., 16 Jun. 2014
This steamer was bought to replace a handheld; we wanted longer between refills to clean more surface area. To be fair, the Vax S6S Home Pro Steam Cleaner does that with a capacity of 1.4 litres and more than 20 mins steaming. The problems are the attachments. The three piece extension tubes you add to the floor attachment to clean floors are very weak and bendy. Pressing on the handle and the flexing puts you off pressing too hard.
There is a long electric cable, but no where to wrap it out of the way for storage, unless you leave the three piece extension tubes attached and the floor head somehow stuck to the side of the main box. The capacity of the tank is 1.4 lt but the jug that come with it has one line at 750ml and instructions to fill twice. The tank overflows.
The squeegee attachment does not fit and just spins round and round making it unusable. The first one I got replaced under warrantee but the replacement is just the same so it's clearly a design fault.
Looking at the photos above, one shows a hose and steam head for carpets in black plastic - these do not come with this model. It may be that the black plastic is stiffer and harder wearing or that they are optional extras.
I wanted a quality steamer to clean a large house / caravan etc. This is not the model and I will have to carry on looking.

2.0 out of 5 stars vax s6s, 28 Nov. 2013
Not what I was expecting regarding attachments. Found the extension tubes to be very flimsy so could not put pressure on them when trying to clean the carpet. Overall very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 31 May 2014
Mr. G. Snow - See all my reviews
I'm a bit ashamed to write this because I must be common as muck. All the people who love this product obviously have a higher class of dirt than us.

I used it for half a day before deciding to send it back. Soap, water and elbow grease remain the better solution.

The biggest problem is that these cheap steamers don't suck up the dirt and water they create. You have to have a pile of cloths to mop up as you go - so you might as well do it the old-fashioned way.

I see that you can buy ones that steam and suck (excuse me) but they cost five hundred quid. Guess I'll wait till I win the lottery. Except then I'll be able to afford someone to do the cleaning for me...

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 9 Dec. 2013
so easy to use, easy to assemble and worked so well even my teenagers were wanting to use it on everything

4.0 out of 5 stars ... couple of weeks now & on the whole very pleased with it, 25 Aug. 2014
Had my steamer a couple of weeks now & on the whole very pleased with it. As others have said it is annoying that it doesn't have a water indicator as its hard to judge how much steaming you have left. The jug provided doesn't seem to measure the same as the tank so if you put in the 2 jug fulls of water as per the instructions it over flows!

Having said that it produces lots of steam & it cleans glass & mirrors really well. I have used it on painted doors & skirting boards & it looks like the have been repainted so very pleased with that!

On the whole I would recommend it for proper spring cleaning but don't think I could be faffed with it for day to day cleaning & it does take up quite a lot of room to store!

5.0 out of 5 stars steam/mop, 4 Mar. 2014
GREAT will use it for everything so useful product made for purpose my friends will be interested in these items I am sure of that....

3.0 out of 5 stars Bendy mop pole!:( not recommended, 8 July 2014
This is the first Vax product that I am actually very impressed with I have just got it home and unboxed it and ended up cleaning the whole evening. The oven is practically a mirror! Steaming really gets rid of the grime and gets into all the corners and places the cloths and bleach can't. The 3.2 bar blast the dirt and is great for getting stains out of the carpet but the mop rod is very flexible and lets the whole product down its like a plastic tent pole. I don't recommend mopping with that. I think a bit of tape will fix the loose connections. Overall 3 stars because of the bendy mop pole!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but build quality could improve, 6 Sept. 2014
As a steamer it does the job. I use to mainly for the toilet, tile & wood flooring and it did a great job on some stubborn mold on the outside door frame. I Iike it - although the wife isn't too convinced, it's worth the space it takes up/effort.

What I feel is missing:
* retractable cord
* water level or low water notice
* the extender poles are very flimsy - I usually just use 2 out of the three as one is stronger than the others.
* a garment attachment (if it had this the wife would overlook