I was relatively late to Assassins Creed Black Flag - I had played the previous Assassins Creed on PS3 and hated it - I just couldn't get into the game and thought the combat was just button mashing.

So it was with some trepidation that I ordered this game after reading favourable reviews, and I'm so glad I did!

I enjoyed the first island you are on,...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. N. S. Whitaker

3.0 out of 5 stars good start but ---
i had got so used to free roaming that the dictate to chase people all over the town without being able to say ,-- no more i`m fed up with this i want out. i watched a crazy guy fighting the top ships and having a grand time, sad i can`t escape the planned game route and get to that spot.
Published 9 months ago by grae

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, massive, engaging, lots to do, great graphics, cool sea shanties!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS4) (Video Game)

I enjoyed the first island you are on, and it's one of those rare games where you want to 100% complete all the side missions and tasks - something that took me a while to do, and I was just starting to think "is this it?" when suddenly I had managed to steal a ship and there was a huge open world to discover - amazing!

This added so much more gameplay - piracy, sea battles, buried treasure... the list goes on. There's also a very engaging storyline to follow too, as well as notes and documents to find which give more information on the world you are playing in.

I've sunk (see what I did there?) so many hours into this and still only scratched the surface, but enjoyed myself immensely and am greatly looking forward to the next.

And a quick word about the sea shanties - brill! Sit down with a rum and coke and sail to an island whilst your crew sing hearty shanties - it's quite fantastic detail and makes the world come alive.

I'd seriously recommend this - it will keep you occupied for many, many hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is a great game that has a great story and looks amazing, 17 Sept. 2014
Christopher J. Cowen (glenville, PA) - See all my reviews
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is a great game that you will love. I have played most of the Assassin Creed games but this one may be the best.

The game takes the concepts within Assassin's Creed world and puts them into a pirate adventure game. The game does an amazing job of interjecting some history as well into the game. The game features historical characters like Blackbeard and Benjamin Hornigold. Beside the history, the game looks great.

The pirates within the game are not cartoon versions like the ones we see on tv. The game goes to painstaking efforts to make the story grounded within reality. The game look amazing and has tons to do within the game. Their is alot of content within the game, including exploring island and having your own pirate crews. The even acts differently based on the decisions you make, this includes singing different songs based on the bounty you collect. This is a great game that you should pick up.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

3.0 out of 5 stars good start but ---, 6 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 14 Jun. 2014
The game is really good, and the story line is very entertaining. I have spent hours and hours on this and I am still only at around 28% complete. The metal case edition is very classy and looks good on my bookcase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!!, 28 May 2014
A definite must have especially since its miles better than AC3!!! The packaging is excellent and the extra stuff is definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent!, 4 April 2014
I love this game! It is Breathtaking. Great Story, awesome World, Sea Battles are thrilling! I really love this Skull Edition, it has Great content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, beautiful package and content, 14 Mar. 2014
S. Betteridge "stumetal4ever" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fantastic game, great controls, really nice graphics and sound.

The game itself is fairly easy to follow for a newcomer to the Assassin's Creed saga that has never played any previous title and has no interest in previous time periods, I love pirate related themes and this nails it.

The package Skull Edition package is really well thought out, the best part being the full CD soundtrack, the lovely art book and Litho cards. The extra content is a nice addition for the single player portion of the game.

I held off buying this whilst it sat at about £65, saw it drop to £44 for the PS4 edition and couldn't resist, well and truely worth every penny!

Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of the Year - Definitely for the PS4 :), 18 Dec. 2013
If your looking for an open free-roam game (for the next gen consoles) I can definitely recommend this one. Brilliant from start to finish, the story is in-depth yet the scale is massive, you can not only do assassination's but do many activities such as explore, hunt animals, command large ships and customise the character and ships full appearance etc.

Personally I thought Assassin's creed 3 (the previous title) was bad but this is 10000 times better with a decent soundtrack to accompany the epic voyages.

Use of the touchpad on PS4: Use it to place markers on the map it is very smooth and fast with the touchpad.

I got the Black Skull Edition and I love the downloadable content and extras that came with it such as a massive steelbook case and the soundtrack (very nice indeed).
(Amazon do lower the prices every so often for it so keep and eye on it if you are considering it but I would definitely say that it is a worthwhile buy).

Thanks for reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Delivered on time securely and s described, 4 Dec. 2014
Well What can you say that hasnt been said before.....
Brilliant. Delivered on time securely and s described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 2 Dec. 2013
I got the Skull Edition and so far i have been nothing but happy! The game is really good, especially if you like adventures or pirate theme. But the Skull Edition was also a big plus! The SteelCase looks gourgeous and all the extra content made it worth the price! Buy!

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS4)
Used & New from: £29.15