5.0 out of 5 stars Twice as Good
Having just bought a pair of bluetooth headphones on Amazon for 15 that are very good but did loose signal when a couple of walls came between the iPad and phones i thought id try something Branded i.e. Philips.
Are they worth Twice the money : Absolutely (maybe even more)
Are they Twice as good : More walls and and No loss of Signal
: Better Sound and...
Published 6 months ago by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit uncomfortable but fabulous performance
Published 8 months ago by Me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twice as Good, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Philips SHB4000/10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black (Electronics)
Are they worth Twice the money : Absolutely (maybe even more)
Are they Twice as good : More walls and and No loss of Signal
: Better Sound and Control
: Lighter and Better to Wear

So the 15 ones are now in a cupboard and the Philips are used all the time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding Bluetooth Headphones that work with pretty much anything!, 5 Jan 2014
Superb sounding bluetooth headphones. Paired and working with PS Vita, iPhone 4, Macbook and iPod. Very easy to use, charge in about 2 hours and last about 8-9 hours on a single charge. Ridiculously light.

My only gripe is they only pair with one device at a time (so you have to repair each time you use another device). Apart from that, a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for a great handsfree option, 2 Dec 2013
This is a fabulous buy. The Headset is comfortable when worn for long time and has a decent range of tones. It is definitely not the best headset out there, but I guess for this price range, and the advantage of being wireless, this is superlative. I have other headsets which are wired with better tonality, but I guess the wireless aspect loses some sound to transmission.

Some initial feedback that my voice was not clearly audible on a voice call, was slowly resolved as I used the headset more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit uncomfortable but fabulous performance, 16 Nov 2013
This headset has very good sound and bluetooth connectivity and is very easy to use. The only reason it isn't 5* is because I find the plastic headband rather uncomfortable as it rests on my head and because the ear pieces are angled in such a way that they don't stay on my ears unless I have the headband resting firmly on my head. I am now looking for suitable padding to stick on to the headband to reduce the discomfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2014
They Connect easily, to a Nexus 7 which i bought them for, no wires to tangle up, sound quality is like you are in a room full of music excellent quality, good value at this price, would recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good headset, 2 May 2014
I found the Philips headset to be really easy to set up, offers a good sound quality but more importantly isn't too expensive for a Bluetooth wireless headset. I frequently travel and this is a great piece of equipment. The only downside, is it doesn't fold down. Perhaps in the future, something for Philips to consider. As I said, not too expensive, particularly for a person who regularly goes through a lot of headsets! Will buy this item again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and Sound!, 29 Jan 2014
Very good headphones, low profile and is brilliant price for what it is (around 34.00 when i bought it). Lightweight (extremely so), and good quality sound!

REMEMBER, these headphones are NOT going to be the same quality as the top of the range headphones (like Beats) in terms of sound (as reflective in its price).

Although, for the money, it suits its purpose with good quality sound, lightweight and not having to deal with annoying wires! It is certainly the ideal 'commuting' accessory, or for the workplace.

Ive had no problems with this item so far, and i listen to my music Very, VERY loud.

-------VERY IMPORTANT------
Just to clear up some confusion:
To pair the headphones to your device (via Bluetooth), make sure the headphones are off and fully charged. Then HOLD the call/play button for AROUND FIVE SECONDS, Don't just simply 'press' the button, you need to HOLD it down for around 5 seconds then you can let it go. It should pair with your device if you do this (you will find the name 'Philips' followed by a few digits).

Also make sure bluetooth is enabled on your device!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth headset., 26 Jun 2014
Great. Sound quality is good and links straight away with my Samsung Galaxy S4 & Asus Nexus 7. Delivery was quick. I use these when washing the car & bike, cutting the grass and other jobs where I use power tool. Checked out a few places on line before purchasing and Amazon was the cheapest by far, I use then quite regularly and have only had to charge then on arrival and once since. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 22 Jun 2014
I was looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones as I don't like running with cables jumping up and down and getting tangled with my arms. The Phillips shb4000/10 do the job perfectly.

The battery life is great and they are very light which is important for me as if I use heavy headphones sometimes they hurt my ears and head because of their weight.

Really happy with the purchase i've made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value! Recommended!, 18 Oct 2013
Vassilis "radres" (Thessaloniki, Greece) - See all my reviews
Parallel to the bluetooth speaker revolution, another category of sound accessories has recently evolved and actually matured as products, that of bluetooth headsets. I was just about to buy one of those smallish bluetooth speakers, when I realised that a headset made more sense, since I can enjoy music, movies, etc with better quality and more discreetly compared to a portable speaker. I was aware of the great selection of mostly expensive BT headsets, but my ideal one would 1) rest on ear and not around it, 2) be light 3) last long and 4) not too expensive. I reluctantly chose this Philips as on paper covered all those criteria. Well, very glad I went with it! It truly is light on your head, lasts decently long (about 6-7 hours on a course of 3-4 days), doubles as a handsfree when connected to my iphone and boy you cannot get something cheaper than this and call it a headset. A small complaint is the plastic body that goes around the head, but being so light, you barely notice it. Great choice, kind of restored my trust to this company.