4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price!!
I wanted a pair of over-ear headphones, that had bluetooth and also a cable (for when the battery dies), and these were the best option, inside a normal price range!
Published 13 months ago by James

2.0 out of 5 stars One killer flaw.
Published 1 month ago by Jesse R.D. Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price!!, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Philips SHB7000/10 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black / Red (Electronics)
So, in therms of battery using bluetooth, it can handle 10 hours playing non-stop. and your iphone will not lose almost no battery. I used for one entire day, and my iphone 5 battery only dropped to 30% ! (using it also for messages, facebook, instagram etc). When using the cable, (which feels really top quality, with really nice rubber feeling), the iphone battery lasted 10 hours. (also with the same usage as before). So you waste less battery of iphone using it with bluetooth. The battery of the headphones charges in 4 hours. More or less. And the headphones have a small blue light on the side, that when in turns white (when you're using the headphones) gives you a hint that the battery is below 50%.
I would give it 8,5/10.

The headphones are super confortable. I had several headphones, and these ones feel really light, are not too closed (that after one or two hours starts hurting your ears). The leather cuffs feel great. (9/10).

The plastics and leathers used feel top quality. Smooth, steady, not shaky at all. The buttons for volume, phone calls, have a nice feeling to it as well. (8/10).

Concerning the noise isolation. Probably the only down point. It does not isolate sound from outside-in that much... unfortunately. (4/10).

I therms of sound, the bass feels great (not lazy at all), and the sounds correspond pretty much to the original music. There's no sound distortion. (I would give it a 7,5/10).

Overall I would score these headphones (also considering the price), a solid 7,5/8 out of 10.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 29 May 2014
For the price on these headphones are amazing. I paid just £40 and I believe the normal retail price is £70. If you compare it to other similar Bluetooth headphones on the market, I think you'll find this is by far the best.

The very popular beats headphones are notorious for having horrible quality and poor sound, yet cost 5 times, or more, than this product.

They look very stylish and they function very well. They are very comfortable on the head and although my head is fairly large I wear it on the lowest setting. So this could easily accommodate someone with a far larger head.

I especially like its versatility, you can use it wirelessly or you can use the included cable to connect into your phone's headphones jack. Taking calls via Bluetooth worked very well for me, even across the house, and the controls are very easy to use.

Bass response is very good and clarity is also very good.

My only gripe is that when listening to podcasts in the right headphones you can hear the sound of the data transferring. So if the person speaking in the podcast speaks softly, you will hear some tapping noises vaguely in the background in your ear.

You can't really go wrong with Philips products, they are very sturdy, very well made, very well designed and customer support is normally very good.

Even at twice the price they would be excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Comfortable and Good sound..., 31 July 2014
Mr. Mohammad H. Oftadeh (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this specifically to use in the gym as my headphone's lead is constantly in the way.

The fit is great. Its tight enough not to fall off my head when I'm on the treadmill but its not too tight to give me head/ear ache. I had this problem with the Beats headphones, where the fit was so tight that after about 10 minutes I had to take the headphones off because it was crushing my ears!

Considering the cost, the sound is great too. The bass doesn't reach as low or get as punchy as products such as the Manhattan Fusion headphones but the sound is spacious and open and it has a decent amount of clarity in it without being too bright.

Battery Life is good too. I have used these for about 3 weeks not and have charged them once and that was to top them up.

The volume is not deafeningly high but its loud enough to drown our the ambient noise in the gym for me. When using these at home, I barely need to raise the volume above half way for a clear sound.

All-in-all, a great pair of wireless cans that are good for any type of music and are very comfortable to wear.

They are not quite 5 star but they very good value for money at the £40ish point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Aug. 2014
Ms. S. B. Abdullah (London) - See all my reviews
I love these headphones. I am not an audiophile however the sound quality is great to me. I can go anywhere in my two bedroom house and the sound stays consistent with no dropping out or crackling. I only ever use them at home and occasionally at work so I don't know how they sound when travelling (ie. due to traffic, tube noise etc.), however they do block out three squabbling children so I am one happy mum. One full charge lasts up to a week and I use them in evenings when cooking etc. so I am impressed with that. They also come with a lead which you can attach to your device should you find your charge running out. When running low on charge, they give three little beeps intermittently which confused me at first until I realised they are warning sounds! I have no problems with connectivity and can easily switch between my iPad and iPhone. The only minor thing which isn't a problem really is that these headphones need to charged via USB. As someone who charges devices overnight, using the USB port on my PC isn't very practical however I have discovered you can buy a Plug charger for USBs or it works if you plug the USB into an Apple plug if you have an iPhone/iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work well with iphone and macbook, sadly not with PS4 though. Mac users need a setting change to use better sound quality., 24 Feb. 2015
There's occasional noise when using via bluetooth, but once you start playing any kind of sound that normally subsides pretty quickly. Comfortable, quality seems good. Bluetooth works pretty easily. Sadly not with the PS4, but that seems a limitation on the PS4 side. Works with iphone and Macbook.

For any apple users getting thin sound at first, this is apple's default bluetooth streaming quality. You can fix this by searching for "Terminal" in spotlight, and pasting this to increase the sound quality:
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 80
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Stream - Flush Ring on Packet Drop (editable)" 30
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Stream - Max Outstanding Packets (editable)" 15
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Stream Resume Delay" 0.75

The change kicked in immediately for me, and now they're pretty decent to work with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good and useful. Better in quiety indoor spaces than noisy outside spaces., 19 Jan. 2015
These are my working-in-a-distracting-office headphones. They are not noise canceling, noise reducing, or anything else. They're just headphones. But they do a lot of things well.

I really like the over-the-ear cuffs for sitting around all day. I actually kinda like the fact that they don't totaly isolate me from all the sounds of the office, because I can hear someone trying to get my attention. I find them plenty comfortable to wear all day long. The sound quality is quite good and it's a different experience entirely from earbuds, which I usually wear.

Some things to know: they don't fold or collapse or do anything that makes them more compact. They have to travel just like you see them. Thus, why I use them at my desk. On a noisy commuter train, you hear most of the noise around you, so you don't hear the music all that well. I'm gonna go back to earbuds for my commute. Haven't tried on a plane yet, so I'm not sure how they will do there.

They do bluetooth really well. Easy and quick negotiation with my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. The range, on a full battery, is pretty good. I can keep them on while I walk 10 metres over to the water cooler. Sound quality is excellent.

They also have a microphone so you can take phone calls using them. The microphone is over on the left earpiece, which puts it a bit of a distance from your mouth. It works indoors, but outside it's not so hot. And you'll hear alert sounds in the headphones like dings telling you that you've received a message or the phone ringing. You can answer and hang up using just the headphones, which is nice.

2.0 out of 5 stars One killer flaw., 16 Jan. 2015
Jesse R.D. Murray (Worcester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When I first got these headphones, I thought I had struck gold. £37 for over-ear, decent quality, wireless headphones? Yeah baby, yeah. The sound quality is strong and well balanced. The Bluetooth function works fine, and the battery life is pretty decent (maybe 6 or 7 hours on full charge.) They're comfortable too, with adjustable length on the speakers, so they should fit anybody. They also come with a cable, so they can be used conventionally should the battery run out whilst you're outside with them.

A lot of people have said that the sound quality actually seems better when they are being used wirelessly. Can't speak for that myself - but I was using a Bluetooth transmitter accessory attached to my Ipod Classic, so maybe it's true for devices with Bluetooth functionality built in.

But as the headline of this review states, the credibility of these things are destroyed by one issue. When I first charged these with the power from my laptop, I noticed a real awkwardness with putting the small charging plug into the socket on the headphone. It wasn't smooth, I had to sort of wiggle it around to make it fit right. I only ever charged these things about 5 times, because the 6th time I tried to do it, the socket broke. I don't know exactly what happened, but it looked somewhat misshapen and the light never comes on to indicate charge being recieved - and, sure enough, they've ran out of battery and I cannot use them wirelessly at all, now. Which is torturous, because I know the Bluetooth function is still there, it just doesn't have any power or any way of getting power. It can't be that difficult to just sort out a charging slot that's not delicate, I can't believe they sold them like this.

To this day they still work as decent wired headphones, but the fact that it's marketed as wireless and, for me, that function only lasted 3 weeks (yes really, less than a month before that happened) makes them deserve this rating from me.

And one more thing: it's stated that these things have "optimal noise insulation." They don't. They just don't. I can hear everything, and they can be heard playing on other people wearing them too. It's quite simply a lie.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Purchase, 14 Jan. 2015
They are a great purchase. There is a reason they are placed so highly in the best headphones category on Amazon, they are excellent value for money. To clarify my experience: I have played a wide variety of music through them, mostly from my android tablet and phone and a bit through the auxiliary cable (that comes provided) with my laptop.

As of the actual body: they are light and comfortable. I wear these 3 hours at a time and they do not become uncomfortable, the cups are truly over ear (even for my large ears) and don’t rub or overheat. The padding is minimal, a slight concern that I had when first opening them, but I found no extra padding is needed because of the how light they are. They also adjust over my large head well and don’t clamp down on the ears.

One downside however is they cannot be folded, this isn't a huge problem but they take up a lot of rucksack space and feel all the more fragile for it. Also the lack of weight could mean they aren't very strong. I hasten to add they have not broken for me, in fact the build quality is remarkably good, but they might not be suited to an overly active lifestyle. Then again at this price it may be irrelevant for some if they do break.

Controls, for music and connecting, are simple and intuitive. A small leaflet is provided explaining the functions available and the common ones are simple presses. There is a dedicated play/pause button on the right cup, a LED to show its on and a volume slider that clicks in to skip tracks. The volume slider allows for a respectable range; be warned however, the volume does not affect the device that they are connected to, it is purely headphones. This means you cannot achieve maximum volume if the device is not cranked up to full as well. This probably isn’t Panasonics fault, I assume the API (code) allowing complete device control is simply unavailable.

The big question then, do they sound good? I am not an audiophile so my view of most headphones is pretty forgiving (although I do draw the line at cheap Skullcandys); but they handle my electronic music admirably as well as generic pop. Perhaps they lack in bass but I am coming from a bass heavy pair of headphones. The box says they are clear and balanced, I would be inclined to agree. In all, they sound good.

However the real reason you’re probably looking at these is because they are cheap(ish) BLUETOOTH headphones; I know I did. Cliché it may be, but it really does make a difference and I've started to loathe wires. It means you can place the phone down and dance downstairs for a cup of tea, then decide the song is rubbish and skip to the next track just by pressing your ear! The range is liberating at 15m (it may not reach that far but I’m not getting out the tape measure) allowing you to walk between rooms.

In summary: these are a pair of intuitive, light, nice sounding and well made headphones. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for everything except Windows!, 30 Nov. 2014
Derek Brewster (Portsmouth, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As you'd expect, pretty decent headphones. But a word of warning - do not work with MS Windows 7. Philips don't provide a driver for their hardware and MS don't support the hardware until Windows 8.
Philips support point you to a 3rd party driver - which you have to buy! Crazy.
Work great with iPhones, Androids etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY!, 29 Oct. 2014
Fantastic bass and the quality is definitely there :D I use these every day and absolutely LOVE THEM :D