5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast For The Eyes!
I took my neice and nephew to see this film - they are 9 and 6 years old respectively. I can tell you they both giggled away and thoroughly enjoyed this film. The film plays well to a broad age range, adults included. It's well animated - the 3D was good - funny and is full of great characters - the foodimals are hilarious! 5 stars!
Published 17 months ago by Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Sequel
I had written off the original film as being mindless entertainment for kids, but when I saw it, I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed it. So when I heard plans for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, I knew I had to see it. Fortunately, I waited until it was out on DVD because it wasn't nearly as good as I expected.

This movie picks up immediately...
Published 17 days ago by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers

5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast For The Eyes!, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: Revenge of the Leftovers [DVD] [2013] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jovial Type of Animated Film, 28 Sept. 2013
"Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2" is a heartening and animated movie about an inventor who must figure out a way to deal with food creations that somehow morphed into "foodanimals." This inventor is accompanied by his friends and must carefully choose between either listening to them or another scientist that he truly admires. "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2" is perfect for many people who like gleeful family friendly films.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, 6 April 2014
The last U certificate film i watched was a pure childrens offering & really didn't work on an adult level.So i was a bit unsure what this sequel could offer,especially after such a good original.Firstly,all the characters are just great,all with funny quirks,thankfully it's the same daft bunch as last time as they try to stop a mad scientist destroying Lockwoods bonkers food animal island.
The one liners & literal jokes come thick & fast with Mr Ts character getting alot of really good lines.The film is very colourful,bit of a feast for the eyes,with more food animals whos names might sound familiar.
As i watched this it suddenly struck me what it actually was,"Jurassic Park:The Lost World",it's not a direct copy,far from it,but the basic story of an entire island of jurassic size food monsters isn't a million miles away.
Very funny & plenty to keep adults,kids or entire families entertained,if you liked the first,you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2., 5 Dec. 2013
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 picks up where Sony Pictures Animation's hit comedy left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood's genius is finally being recognized as he's invited by his idol Chester V to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester's right-hand-gal - and one of his greatest inventions - is Barb (a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick). It's always been Flint's dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine (which turns water into food) is still operating and is now creating food-animal hybrids - "foodimals!" With the fate of humanity in his hands, Chester sends Flint and his friends on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny film, 16 July 2014
Well to be honest this review came from my two grandsons, the youngest (6) watched in 2D and said thanks grandad, well I guess that makes it a 5 star??? The eldest (11) said it was just as good as the first one and was even funnier. I can only go by what they tell me, I haven't watched all the way through myself yet. so watch this space.

5.0 out of 5 stars as funny as the first, 8 Jan. 2014
When I saw the first trailer for this I thought it looked like a horrible, childish cash grab. But I was pleasantly surprised after seeing it, this is actually a very funny film, also great for adults and fans of the first film, definitely worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 2 Mar. 2014
I bought this for my 8 & 6 year old grandaughters, they love it and have watched it three times already

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Sequel, 19 Jun. 2015
Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

This movie picks up immediately after the last film ended. The Live Corp Company has been hired to clean up the food left behind by Flint Lockwood's (voiced by Bill Hader) invention. Live Corp was founded and is still run by Chester V (Will Forte), Flint's inventing idol, so when Chester offers Flint a job while the island is cleaned, he jumps at the chance.

However, cleaning up the island doesn't go as planned. In fact, the machine has survived and is creating something new - mutant food/animal hybrids. There's only one way to stop it, reprogram the machine. And so Flint finds himself returning to the island with his girlfriend Sam Sparks (Anna Faris), his father Tim (James Caan), and several other friends from the first movie. Will they be able to stop the machine?

The first movie was predictable, but it had creativity and charm going for it. I actually laughed quite a bit at the clever things they did with the premise. It wasn't great art, but it was entertaining.

This movie? It is still fairly predictable. And the food/animal mashups were actually pretty clever. However, it just falls flat. I think that was for two reasons.

First, we spend too much time away from the island and the food. Once we get back there, it feels forced. Yes, some of that was set up, but it slowed the pacing of the film down over all.

Second, it has a been there and done that feel to it. Yes, we are doing with food/animals instead of food falling from the sky. Still, how we had to stop it wasn't that original. Flint and his father are still having the same issues. And it always feels like a cheat to me when they have to start a movie by invalidating the climax of the original. Even Steve the monkey, who stole the show in the first film, isn't nearly as funny here.

Now this isn't to take anything away from the voice cast, who are still great. The animation, likewise, is fun and feels perfect for this cartoony film.

The humor is something kids will appreciate. I can see them, the target audience, still getting a kick out of it. However, some of the creatures might scare kids when they first appear, so parents will want to be aware of that.

Kids will probably still be entertained by Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, but their parents will only be able to tolerate it. That's a shame since the first one was so much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Family Fun., 30 Mar. 2014
Awesome movie. Great characters, especially the "food monsters".. My favourite is the tacodile. Lots of fun for all the family from little ones to cheeky one-liners for the adults. Definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A second that is better than the first!, 29 Mar. 2014
I enjoyed watching this, and it was far enough removed from the first version and was an exciting and original watch. If you liked the first version, then you will definitely like this.