5.0 out of 5 stars Better than part 1
For my tastes I found that I enjoyed this album more than Part 1. I liked the way that musical themes from Part 1 were present in this album and that helps to make the two albums feel like a complete package. Great riffs with excellent vocals. One of their strongest albums to date.
Published 15 months ago by Dan R

3.0 out of 5 stars why is the second never as good as the first
Bought part one and went to see them at o2 Apollo Mcr and both the album and the gig were awesome, bought part two and well i am still waiting for the wow factor it lacked something that was in part one i am some what disappointed with it.
Published 16 months ago by Taz

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 April 2013
Catchy, heavy and pretty dark as well. Best album they've done so far. Part 1 always seemed incomplete to me. Makes sense more once hear part 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real journey and Stone Sour's best album by some distance!, 9 April 2013
I bought 'House of Gold and Bones part 1' when it came out and immediately I was struck by how amazing an album it is. A month afterwards I saw Stone Sour live; they were outstanding and I was burning with anticipation over how brilliant the final chapter would be: it doesn't disappoint.
The album is heavier than its predecessor and a huge step forward. Stone Sour are gradually becoming a more and more important band. Corey Taylor is growing as a frontman and I think he is even looking like eventually becoming one of the greatest frontmen ever. I'm impressed with the amount of ambition he is showing and in light of Paul Gray's death I believe he wants to artistically achieve something great, whether it is with Slipknot or alternatively with Stone Sour.
The album opens with 'Red city' which is slow, piano driven and builds up to 'Black John', a rockier and more pulsating ride. This is an impressive opening and sets the tone since the strength of Stone Sour is their ability to alternate between ambient, acoustic and heavy rock.It is possible around every turn to hear how they have been inspired by Nine Inch Nails and Alice in chains. The central part of the album with '82' and 'The uncanny valley' is unbelievable. I feel though that I am only starting to get to grips with the narrative.
Where does this stand in rock history? I honestly didn't think they could improve on their previous album; I was wrong and I am glad. I am hoping that Slipknot's next album is going to be even better than what Jim Root and Corey Taylor are producing with Stone Sour. The difficulty is that I don't know how they are going to do it. Jim Root's riffs on this album are legendary. He is able to show his skills even more on this album than any other previous album. This album ranks up there with Slipknot's eponymous debut album. I realise that this is controversial. I hope it is and that Joey Jordison and Shawn Crahan read this review, decide they need a meeting, call Jim and Corey and draw up plans in a war room to how to make an album that ranks with Pink Floyd's 'The Wall', The Rolling Stone's 'Exile on Main Street' and Metallica's 'Master of puppets'. You know what... I hope they do it. Heavy metal needs both 'Stone Sour' and 'Slipknot'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
good film

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty poor!, 12 May 2013
Very disappointed by this album, Part 1 was okay but nothing special but this is even worse. Must have listened to it 8 or 9 times now and still cant think of one stand out track!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly their best material to date., 15 April 2013
I've been a fan of Stone Sour for years. Having all of their albums to date, I felt this lacked real effort. The songs seem more mellowed out than aggressive. A few memorable songs feature, but I'm not as impressed with Part two as I was with Part one.
Could be down to personal taste, could be that it's too new and I'm not used to the songs yet. I just have that feeling there is something lacking with this album.
I do like the feature that with both parts you can turn the cases into a funky little house, but it's not exactly beneficial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 8 April 2013
This review is from: House of Gold & Bones Part 2 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Well what can i say. This is a must for all Stone Sour fans. The lyrics and the vocals are out of this world. Every time you listen to the album you find something new and gives us all hope in this depressed and troubled times, may they long continue xx

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 2 songs I liked sorry Stonesour but this album disappointed me, 8 May 2013
Andrew Rudge - See all my reviews
I have every Album these guys have made, this album just dose not do it for me. Some of the songs seem slow boring and I ended up skipping through the album to find myself on the last track thinking wow is that it???

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 22 April 2013
Brilliant cd by a brilliant band. Have not stopped listening to the album and cant wait for part 2 to arrive

5.0 out of 5 stars Part 1 was good, 16 April 2013
David A. Nash "Nash aka Taker" (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: House of Gold & Bones Part 2 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Corey Taylor really has nailed the Stone Sour sound introducing his unmistakeable scream in this new album was clearly not a mistake awesome band with awesome lead vocalist.

5.0 out of 5 stars PART 2,EVEN BETTER THAN PART 1!, 12 April 2013
After loving the first part of this album duo,i wondered where there second would take us,it takes us to Rocking brilliance.
Heavier than the first part,which certainly had it heavy moments,this really turns things up.
RED CITY is a nice slow and moody opener,getting heavier as it goes on,very atmospheric.
BLACK JOHN is a great rocker,great lyrics,nice and heavy,STONE SOUR doing what they do.
SADIST,it's slow,nicely sung,with a few heavier moments and great music to finish the track off.
PECKINPAH has a great sound,mixture of smooth and gruff vocals,nice guitar,great riff.
STALE MATE,top STONE SOUR rock,with great vocals and lyrically impressive.
GRAVESEND has nice anguished vocals,with gruff ones raging in,keeps the pace nicely.
82 keeps the heavy pace with vengeful lyrics,nice sound,the album's shaping up just fine.
THE UNCANNY VALLEY,love the music in this one,nice feel with top lyrics and vocals,cathartic.
BLUESMOKE starts very soft and gets heavier and fast,it's a short powerful tracking that crashes into...
DO ME A FAVOUR,fast and agressive,brilliant!
THE CONFLAGRATION is slowly paced and nicely sung,more meaningful lyrics,changes pace and back again,nice feel.
THE HOUSE OF GOLD AND BONES is a top heavy finisher,love the lyrics and vocals,the music too,the album finishes and stands proud.

That then is part two of HOUSE OF GOLD AND BONES and well worth it too. Anyone a little disappointed with the first part having several slower songs,should be appeased with the second part,it is heavier. I would say it's even better and i did love the first one,i can't ask for anything more.

Now onto the packaging. Anyone wondering what the fold-out bit of the first one was all about,with it's odd tabs and stuff,will soon understand as they slot it into this one. It might take a bit of patience,but it looks great,nice showpiece.

So there you have it,worth getting? Oh yes! Very happy with both parts,even more so the second,plus it looks great too. What more could you ask for?

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›