5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !! Do not hesitate !!!
Published 7 months ago by Julie Perry

3.0 out of 5 stars Do a patch test first if you have a latex allergy
Published 5 months ago by mm221

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !! Do not hesitate !!!, 20 April 2014
I've given this 5 stars because I really love this product. To be honest I was shocked when I opened the jar and saw the lumps of "butter". But after I take a tiny bit and rub in my palm it melted easily and I was able to apply to my face and hands. Since then every night before going to be bed, I apply a small amount to my face and hands and it moisturise extremely we'll and surprisingly I wake up with face feeling very soft . I am now using all over my body especially my feet and I already noticed the difference to my heels!!!
I have only been using the product for less than a week and I have notice the difference .., do not hesitate buy it you will not be disappointed ...i will definitely buy another jar before this one is finished

3.0 out of 5 stars Do a patch test first if you have a latex allergy, 16 Jun 2014
Thought I'd share this as I only discovered it after looking for a recipe to make a body butter and I have a latex allergy. A latex type substance has been identified in some shea butters - however there's no definitive research on allergic reactions in sensitive people. Some forums will say outright that shea butter is not suitable for people with a latex allergy but the American Latex Allergy Association says so far a cross reaction has only been tested on people allergic to Brazil nuts, pistachios, cashews and peanuts - and that proved negative. So I guess the only advice is to proceed with caution and do a patch test first if you can.
The butter itself was as expected, be prepared for the strong earthy smell, some people don't like it, but once mixed with other oils and waxes, the scent is diluted - and of course if you can use essential oils, you can also add a favourite.
I highly recommend makingskincare.com as a resource for making your own body lotions and butters, whichever ingredients you use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for eczema., 5 Jun 2014
Bought this for my daughter's eczema which looks better already.
I would definitely buy again when this one runs out.

5.0 out of 5 stars the real deal, 8 Nov 2014
I was very sceptical about purchasing shea butter in the UK as I did not believe it would ever be as authentic as what we use back home in Nigeria! I decided to purchase for my baby girls and thought I'll give this one a try! And I am totally impressed! It is identical to what we use in Nigeria, Togo and Ghana (west africa)! It has the exact smell and texture! Melts at body temp and skin feels moisturised! Shea butter is very popular within West Africa, we use it for melting scars, body skin tone,fading stretch marks, baby care product, hair product, treatment for dry skin and eczema - the list goes on! Only downside is that we pay next to nothing back in west Africa for shea butter as it is a high demand product and so is easily available! Other than that this product is as authentic as shea butter gets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 19 Aug 2013
This was the first time that I ordered/ used raw shea butter, so I was a little unsure about what to expect. I mixed mine with coconut oil, argon oil and used it as a moisture sealer in my hair. It mixed well with the other ingredients after I warmed it up and softened it a bit. I would have liked if it came in more manageable pieces as my shea butter was divided into two large chunks ( this may appeal to some people). After I received it I showed it to someone that has been using raw shea butter for some time and they said that it was of good quality. I would definitely buy again and have recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, slap it on!, 31 Oct 2014
Customer Service

This is my first order from Shealite and I found the response time, packaging and courteous feel of the service most satisfying, will defo shop with them again.

Product

I warmed this in a bowl of hot water while still in its pot and softened to a liquid. I topped up with Bio Oil ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bio-Oil-Specialist-Skincare-Oil-200/sim/B00129XP8M/2) before it reached 1.5" shy of the edge of the pot and left to cool and set. I found one finger dab rubbed in the hands is enough for face, elbows and knees. A couple of finger dabs between partings on the scalp is sufficient for hair and lasts all week. In all instances, I find it soft and silky, feeling naturally moist with no irritation and lasts all week in the hair. I am half Asian and half west Indian and find this easily absorbs into the skin with no oily residue.

The product stands independently because no adverse reactions when combined with Bio Oil and its on this basis that I recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. As a further recommendation, you might want to just get happy to ensure optimum physical health!

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself, 1 Aug 2014
Amazing stuff!!! I bought this originally for my pregnant daughter who's skin is becoming dry and itchy. I'm quite particular on ingredients so Shea Butter seemed perfect. On receiving it, I was amazed how good it actually was, it cleared up the dry patches under my eyes in days. I kept the Shea Butter for myself and bought my daughter something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want organic buy elsewhere!, 26 Sep 2014
Not certified organic, sent back as I don't trust that the advertising is genuine. If it's certified 100% pure organic by the soil association, it would/should be labelled as so!.. I ordered some from a different company instead.. & ironically it's actually much cheaper too.. For a genuine certified product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure shea - no chemicals, 4 Sep 2013
Economical and great moisturiser completely moisturising where it goes. This goes really well with my other organic moisturiser. Will buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shea butter, 22 Dec 2013
Using this to treat excema on my wife's shin - seems to have more effect than the cream obtained through the doctor, Only disadvantage is the greasyness which can mark trousers and makes wearing tights impossible. Worth the effort though