5.0 out of 5 stars The Child's World
I purchased this book to assist me in my placement as a student social worker - this book is excellent, highly recommended. The book is easy to read and covers issues such as the assessment framework, attachment, parenting assessments, and the impact of domestic violence
Published on 22 Mar 2010 by Hebbi

3.0 out of 5 stars Some pages misprinted
Some pages within the book are not complete, the paper has not been cut properly, so some of the writing is obscure. This is not effective for my learning and training as a student social worker.
Published on 19 May 2012 by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars The Child's World, 22 Mar 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars The child's world, 13 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
Reccomended by a colleague, new edition develops on previous and covers a wide area in assesing children in need. Some information seems basic but written in a clear way, looking at things from the child's view. i have found this book beneficial in working in social care.

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, easy to read, 29 May 2010
D. Leeder - See all my reviews
This book is really helpful for assessments and easy to read and to find what you need. Well written and well discussed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Worktool, 23 Feb 2014
Good product and excellent value. Set out in an understandable way. Very useful for experienced and a must for newly qualified social workers.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to gain depth in assessing children, 19 April 2013
This book is informative. I have found chapters useful and thought-provoking.I would recommend this book to social work practitioners in the children's and young people's service.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for any SW's qualified or not!, 27 Jun 2014
This is the one book that I have used throughout my career as a Social Worker, and now as a Practice Educator and Independent Social Worker. It provides a great level of depth as a first port of call regardless of what case you are working with. I used it many times to evidence substance misuse, model of motivational change and parenting capacity which always appeared to go down well with the CP and care proceedings work.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone working within the Childrens Services field.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 18 Dec 2013
given the changes a foot, very informative, glad I bought it, I can see I will use it often..... way forward

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Work Books, 5 Sep 2013
I ordered this book on Monday and it arrived through my door today (Thursday). I was very impressed with the quality, even though it is second hand, the description didn't do it justice. I would definitely buy books again, in the future. A very happy customer and 5 stars is definitely the right rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 18 Aug 2013
This book is a nice easy book to read for any 1st year social work student and will take you through all your studying years

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 9 Feb 2013
I am a second year social work student. I find this book really helpful and easy to navigate. I have used this book so many times. It is also useful if you are on placement in a children's setting. It is a great reference point for all your assignments.