5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is top notch
This speaker is top notch in my opinion... good bass tones and clarity of general music is brilliant.... the only thing i have heard better has been a "Bose"... at ten times the price I may add...
really really pleased with it...
Excellent value and great connectivity....
Published 8 months ago by R. L. MANBY

1.0 out of 5 stars Sumvision
Not too bad of a sound when linked in via cable but will not connect up with bluetooth devices, connects up and drops out within two seconds, may have a dud ?
Published 21 days ago by Robert Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars This speaker is top notch, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Sumvision Psyc Mako Portable Bluetooth Speaker Stand / Dock for Tablets & Phones
really really pleased with it...
Excellent value and great connectivity....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable speakers, 12 Dec 2013
I'm really pleased with this portable speaker. It's so easy to use, fits in my bag so truly portable and the sound quality is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Priced Speakers, 20 Nov 2013
Best purchase I've made. Sounds great wit all video playback and audiobooks are excellent..If you don't quite want to get an ASBO, these are great. Be Good

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star, 17 July 2013
If, like I was, you're looking for a wireless speaker for chilling out in the garden this summer without having to completely blow your PC's speakers or any others you have, or to use about the house, whilst walking about or to improve the environment at lunch in college (or work, or school) then this is a great buy.

Honestly, for about 20, It's a mystery that Sumvision can be making a profit off of these. Originally, I was looking at forking out an extra 140 for the Beats Pill, by Dr.Dre - I haven't heard sound through these to date, but I was lured into them from the design, they are aesthetically brilliant, you can't disagree, and if you own any other beats product like you I do, you will be pretty much already sold.

However, I thought I'd risk going for a cheap, lower market product instead of beats, I could not be happier actually, for only 20 you couldn't ask for more, so I'll get into more depth of the product now.

To start, the item will arrive in a rectangular box, covered in graphics to do with Psyc Audio, it looks quite grunge and well designed. After that, you will find a smaller pure black box, which packages the speaker itself. I guess this will be nice to case the product when moving it around a larger distance than just around the house and for storage.

I immediately turned on the power and was happy to see it had a charge, and start sending its bluetooth connectivity straight away, I got my iPod, hit the bluetooth switch on the settings and it picked up the Speaker almost immediately. I was impressed straight away, I legitimately thought that with such a low priced product the audio would be very static, but no, it was perfectly clear, blaring out even the more minor details in the song that I was listening too. I cranked up the volume to max, and admitedly distortion took place, but it is hardly noticeable and very minor, it may have been the song or the fact that the speaker was right next to me and my ears just couldn't bare the volume being so close (because this system is VERY loud for such a small device).

I'm not quite sure how the speakers are set out, whether there are four small rounded speaker grills or if they're just long strips on each side (If anything I'm saying that they're the two, from the feel of it).

I'm treading on a bit of thin ice here because I'm not sure on the right term, however, the Audio doesn't even sound 'mono', the system manages to give the effect off sounds from the left speaker and right speaker. (For example a cross vocal creating an effect of a movement across the speakers from left to right, I believe the term may be 'Stereo[effect]')

Also inside of the packaging, the speaker comes with a small metal strip, which at the back of middle part fits in to create a stand, because of the speakers shape it copes perfectly fine standing on it's own or with an iPod or iPhone placed into the 'dock'. However, I recommend putting the piece into the back for any other device that's larger or heavier than the iPod touch. (Mines 4th gen so maybe with lower gens that might be heavier also) just for your devices safety to be guaranteed, I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and when I put it in without the stand it fell backwards (luckily onto a soft surface).

There will also be a small bag in your packaging, this contains a 3.5mm (I think) Auxiliary (Aux) cable and a USB lead with a Micro USB ending.

[for those who do not know what an aux cable is]
The aux cable will fit into the universal headphone jack of your device (the ones on most phones these days and on all of apple's devices) This is pretty good if you want to plug in your device without totally draining it's battery because of bluetooth usage. I have also used it to hook up to my laptop even though the speakers on that are fairly decent it greatly improved volume and quality, so it's another bonus point!

The device is charged Via USB, so you can plug it into your computer of mains if you have a USB charger, I'm not sure how long the battery life lasts. [I WILL MOST LIKELY UPDATE THIS PART OF MY REVIEW AT A LATER TIME.]

The only negatives I can find about this speaker (especially for the price) is that the devices manufactured material scratches easily, mine arrived in some light scratching but nothing severe, and I guess that's just being picky.

One more brilliant feature is that the system has a built in microphone, which I used when a friend FaceTimed me by surprise, my iPods microphone is broken and they had no comment about microphone quality, so i'm assuming that is pretty good too!

The device also allows you to link 5 devices (Up to 5 at a time I believe, CANNOT YET CONFIRM] Which is great if your friends want to play their music etcetera etcetera.

My only improvement would be an exact battery charge monitor or indicator, and also the cables quality seems pretty cheap.

So overall, for such a low price, it's an amazing quality product, if you're contemplating purchasing this, just go for it. You won't be disappointed, I really have to emphasise that the speaker is ONLY 20. If I would put my own price tag, I would pay at least 80 as a minimum for such quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 July 2013
S. J. Green (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought these for my son to go with his tablet and works great. Syncs with all my bluetooth devices effortlessly. The quality of the sound is great, I have some Sony NFC speakers and I'd say this beats them hands down in terms for the sound quality and also distance from speaker to device. Very pleased with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price these are the best., 20 Mar 2014
I've got a couple of these and they are the best for these sort of speakers (small).
Great bass, clear highs for such tiny speakers.

They will blow any laptop speakers, even ipad air's speakers and those are quite good.
Not only are they good quality, nice sounding, but also very flexible and last but not least very portable and with huge autonomy.

Resuming:
1) They feel sturdy
2) Generous bass comparing to my laptop's beatsaudio speakers (which are themselves great comparing to average laptop speakers) and my Altec Lansing inMotion iM4. Of course, for such tiny speakers, louder volumes may distort, still these hold up pretty well to certain levels.
3) Clear highs, they react really well to 3D audio exciters from nowadays media players like Poweramp. So they open up the stereo image nicely.
4) Very flexible usage:
4.1) They can be placed anywhere. For example, you can put a phone on its holder, or tablet (with a provided piece to hold the weight), or inverted it can be attached to your laptop's screen (the holder's rubber may require inverting also), the stereo inversion is a bonus (you should be laughing now), or you can simply place it anywhere as long as it is within the Bluetooth's radius (about 10m), it even provides you with a pause/play Bluetooth button. Bluetooth's pairing is fast and easy. After that when pairing doesn't work out, simply turn off the speakers (it has a convenient on/off switch for that), make sure no other paired equipment is around (these things happen) switch it back on. You may have to re-pair the thing if someone has paired with it before or in the meantime.
4.2) Not only can you use Bluetooth (with smartphones, tables, pc's...) as input, but you can also insert a mini-jack for all other devices that don't have Bluetooth, making it "audio universal" speakers.
5) Very portable. They are light and take little space on your PC bag or trolley, even on a tablet bag they take little space.
6) Excellent battery life. You may find yourself only charging these once in a week and with really heavy using. They come with some charge that may hold for your first week already. And they are conveniently charged via a micro usb slot, quite standard for most phones (except apple's), so the provided micro usb cable may be handy for other situations too.

Like I said I already had one of these and had to get me another, at a fifth of the price of my Altec Lansing's, I've got quality, more flexibility, more portability and more autonomy.

Advice... At this price... Get'em now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, 26 Jan 2014
Great light weight so easy to carry and louder than u would think. Great to take on holidays and carry from room to room

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 21 July 2013
Decent quality and surprisingly good sound from such small device. Works really well as a Bluetooth device and gets rid of all those messy cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sumvision, 25 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 24 Mar 2014
Good little speaker not a great sound but for the money works well with all my Bluetooth gadgets needs more base

ARRAY(0xaef45954)