on 9 December 2013
I could not wait to get my hands on Christmas at Carrington's and as it states on the back of the book enjoy in one sitting and that is exactly what i did! This book was written beautifully and it was a true pleasure in following Georgie's journey! I have given this book 5 stars as anything less would be ridiculous! For a Christmas chick lit read please please please choose Christmas at Carrington's you will not be disappointed! Praise for Alexandra Brown! Can not wait for the next installment xx
on 23 November 2013
I recently read Cupcakes at Carrington’s and the novella Me and Mr Carrington and absolutely loved both of them. So when this little beauty plopped through my letterbox I couldn’t wait to read it.

We catch up with our favourite characters a few months after where we left off. Georgie is still loving Carrington’s (and Mr Carrington), Sam is enjoying life as a newly wed and Eddie is as fabulous as ever! One evening when Georgie settles down to indulge in a bit of crap tv, she finds that she is on it and that a pilot of a new reality show has been filmed at Carrington’s without her knowledge. And the footage of her dancing along to Beyoncé ends up on YouTube. And even worse than that, Tom kept the filming a secret from her.

The show gets picked up and Georgie becomes a star along with the rest of the “cast” at Carrington’s and soon finds herself being recognised on the bus and even getting papped while out and about. Because of an argument with Tom about the filming, they aren’t speaking, but she soon learns what he’s up to when the show is broadcast. And more importantly, who he is with.

I absolutely devoured this book and loved every word! And speaking of devouring, all of the mentions of red velvet cupcakes meant that I accidentally ended up baking three dozen of them!

I really love the characters, especially Georgie, and the way that Alexandra is able to drag you into the story and keep it really well paced is brilliant. I really liked reading more about Georgie’s dad and their improving relationship, and thinking about Carrington’s all trimmed up for Christmas reminded me of going to visit Santa’s grotto in my local department store as a child.

I’d definitely recommend it and think it’d make a fab Christmas present! The cover is so pretty too! The next book in the series is due in 2014 and I’m already looking forward to it!
on 20 November 2013
I have been looking forward to this book ever since I read Cupcakes at Carrington's. Yes we had the short story "Me and Mr Carrington" to fill the gap, but this was the one I was waiting for and it didn't disappoint at all.

Alexandra has brought all our old friends back in this wonderful funny, sad, roller-coaster of a book and it was so nice to read about them all again. We have Eddie the most cute, camp GBFF ever who just sparkles. There is Georgie's best friend Sam who runs the cafe, oh how I wish I could go there for one of her hot chocolates and red velvet cupcakes, plus Sam's adorable husband Nathan.

The main characters are of course Georgie and Tom, both so likeable and so real. You can't help falling a little bit in love with Tom and picturing him in your mind, and Georgie, some of her escapades remind me of myself at times.

This is a fantastic book, loved every word and cannot wait for the next one - please?
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2013
As anyone who has read my previous reviews knows I love a good Christmas book and I am sucked in by any book with a Christmas theme. I wasn't blown away by the first in this series (Cupcakes at Carringtons) but decided to give Alexandra Brown a second chance.

I enjoyed this slightly more. I love that it is set around a department store and the addition of the TV show was really interesting. It was a bit of a different Christmas read.

I did find it all very predictable and I guessed most things that were going to happen. It took me a while to read and I wasn't rushing to pick it up.

All in all, you could do a lot worse for a Christmas read. At its current kindle price, it's well worth a go.
on 12 December 2013
It's nearing Christmas in Mulberry on Sea and to pull in some new customers, Carrington's is entering the realms of reality TV.
You thought TOWIE was shocking, you haven't seen anything yet!

Let's be honest, I was expecting wonderful things from Christmas at Carrington's and Alexandra Brown delivered so much more!

There's something wondrous about a book that can pull you in and have not just your mind, but your emotions submerged within the pages.
Alexandra Brown has such a wonderfully descriptive way with words, that means you soon find yourself lost in the world of Carrington's.
I found myself lusting after bags and purses, whilst my mouth was watering at the thought of the delicious cakes created by Sam.
And when I say my emotions were submerged, the biggest test of this was when, I felt myself wanting to jump into the pages and slap a character.
Such a nasty piece of work, with a vile mind and mouth!

With thanks to Eddie's flamboyant side, Georgie's love life, Sam's personal life and Tom's gorgeousness, this book kept me gripped for hours.
I always wanted one more chapter and as I turned the last page and found myself leaving behind the store, I was left
eagerly awaiting the opening of Carrington's next year and more so after that epilogue (wow)!
on 24 December 2013
I enjoyed the first Carrington book, I loved this one just as much, if not more. I think I enjoyed this one more due to knowing the characters, and feeling for them more throughout the book. I cannot wait for the next one.
on 14 December 2013
This is the third of Alexandra Browns book in this series and it was just as good as the others. She makes you want to keep reading. The characters are all so believable and you get caught up in their lives. I hope there are more.
I loved this book. It really was great reading as are all the Carrington books I just wish there was a store like this where I lived. The Christmas one was my favourite and one which I will read again
on 17 October 2015
Lovely to catch up with all the previous characters, the only problem I have is that one book has been split into four smaller parts which can be read in a couple of hours, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was published all at once in one book. There is a long delay between 3 and 4.
on 27 November 2014
Christmas at Carringtons provides a magical description of Christmas but in this series Carringtons has another stressful situation to go through - a reality TV show! Georgie has to manage her new relationship, as well as her friendships. There are plenty of ups and downs but it's such a pleasant read!