5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent paranormal/ historical novel
Published 6 months ago by Gillian Connell

3.0 out of 5 stars Waited for the peak..
What a fantastic idea and Bess as a mortal is a brilliant and deep character.
The story itself led to boredom and a little repetitive. It would have served better for it to be split into three books with more details and action than the chapters of hasty writing to get to a point we all knew was coming.
Published 15 months ago by G. N. LAING

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Waited for the peak.., 12 April 2013
G. N. LAING (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
What a fantastic idea and Bess as a mortal is a brilliant and deep character.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Retitled book!, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Just to let readers know, this is a retitled novel, the original title of which was The Book of Shadows. If you've read it, don't buy this thinking it's a new title!

When I read this as The Book of Shadows I didn't even finish it, it's well written enough, but I found the Tegan character so annoying, and Elizabeth just a bore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent paranormal/ historical novel, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
A real page-turner which moves seamlessly between past and present. Creepy thrills galore, convincing characters and well researched period detail. The structure - tales within tales - works really well and contributes to the suspense and unease. I'd recommend this to anyone of any age from teens up. It's better written than most novels in the genre and has very sad moments - is quite grim at times - but if you enjoyed Twilight you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Great story well told, from the start to the end couldn't put it down. Will look for more books from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent storyline, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book as I like to read stories about witches and magic. The only downside of this book is that though it is based in England, it's a pity that the author and publisher used the American English spelling of some words instead of British English. In my mind, nothing spoils the flow of a good story like this when interrupted by wrongly spelt words. Had the story been situated in America, then the spelling would not have mattered. For this reason I have given only 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
Really good book had me hooked and was good from beginning to end recommend this book to anyone that enjoys supernatural books

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
I love all things witch and this book is fabulous so interesting and well written being Wicca myself it is really great to read a fiction book that has lots of bits of craft throughout it I'm hooked can't wait to read next one Bright Blessings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book .although I have read the second book before this one.I don't get the connection .I have then third book look forward to reading that one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars A spooky tale of witches and warlocks, 29 May 2014
EleanorB - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is not my usual fare, but I was attracted by the cover and thought "why not?"

It is a strange tale indeed spanning centuries in the life of Elizabeth/Bess/Eliza/Elise: as a young girl she had lived through plague and rural poverty in 17th century England when superstition and the King James's dread of the supernatural meant that wise women and healers were desperately at risk in bad times when scapegoats for the natural ills of the world were sought. Elizabeth's mother is just such a woman and having survived the plague is denounced by her neighbours to a witchfinder and pays the ultimate price. However, before she dies she reveals the pact she has made to protect her daughter from the same fate, and thus begins the young woman's journey through the centuries, fleeing the warlock who created her and who sees her as his personal property.

A number of our witchy heroine's past experiences in varying time zones show how deadly the warlock's pursuit is and how her own increasing powers can be a force for healing and good if used as she sees fit. In the present, she finds a rural backwater and a cottage where she hopes to find peace making organic lotions and potions. She meets a young girl, Tegan, with whom she has an immediate connection and to whom she tells her troubled life story. Tegan has witchy potential and as always, Gideon, the shapeshifting warlock is not far behind. A showdown in the making.

I enjoyed the book, which I understand is part of a witch based chronicle: however, this one was enough for me. It has its moments, but I don't think I will read any of the others. However, if this genre is for you, then this author will satisfy.

2.0 out of 5 stars The witch's daughter, 21 May 2014
This review is from: The Witch's Daughter (Shadow Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)
I bought the winter witch, which was amazing. That's why I bought the witch's daughter, I was totally disappointed and really felt I had wasted my money, it was a book off different stories that left you with big blanks, did not enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›