5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Audio do it again, this looks and sounds great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:19 Mins
I'm a fan of Cambridge Audio kit having already purchased from the Minx range for my surround sound. I've been looking for a decent, low cost, bluetooth travel speaker for a while so as soon as I learnt they'd released a Minx travel speaker I snapped it up.

I've not been disappointed, this is a fantastic little speaker. It looks...
Published 18 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice speaker, but mediocre compared to Bose Soundlink mini
Bought the Cambridge after reading all the reviews I could find and visiting a couple of stores to listen to various bluetooth speakers.

The JBL Charge was my first choice, but while the highs were good, the bass was lacking too much. Also listened to UE Boom, Jambox and some bigger, wired sound docks.

None of the wireless speakers I heard really did...
Published 18 months ago by robhof

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Audio do it again, this looks and sounds great, 11 Aug. 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active (Personal Computers)
Length:: 2:19 Mins

I've not been disappointed, this is a fantastic little speaker. It looks great, matching the existing Minx speakers with the glossy black finish, and it comes with a little bag to pop it in on your travels.

Sound quality is very good for the price. I've found many speakers at this price point to sound a little tinny, and while this doesn't sound as good as a £300+ travel system it does sound really good for the price.

Very easy to set up, you can use bluetooth or a headphone jack, and it comes with everything you need. Although it'll pair with a number of devices it will only be actively linked to one, so if someone else wants to use it you need to disconnect the first device before the second can connect.

Great for travel, the garden or just as a little bedroom speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at the price, 28 Aug. 2013
I had a Squeezebox setup, and now Logitech have decided to disown a decent product I wanted a replacement. Something the whole family can use, no dependencies on software or hardware, and deliver a good sound that for the most part acts as background noise for my own music collection as well as Internet streams. I'm not looking to pound the neighbours in to submission or ponder the delivery of each note in an audiophile style.

Numerous reviews said that for the price this product delivers, so here i am.

If it interests the packaging is nice, not over engineered but clean and appropriate. It comes with a soft carry case, 1 page instructions, power adaptor and a 3.5 cable to connect via wire your devices. Instructions suggest charging for 4 hours before use, which I managed to do amazingly, the indicator light stayed solid red until charged.

Build quality is nice and clean, it's not premium materials but I appreciate the simple looks and with only 3 buttons on it, vol up/down and on/off, it can't really be simpler. There is a stand on the underside which swivels out, perfectly functional. The unit has weight (which is nice) and is easy to move around rooms taking advantage of the portability. Battery will apparently last 18 hours on a single charge listening on moderate levels.

Pairing is nice and easy, double press the power button and scan using your chosen device. I connect using a mixture of android devices and an iPod. It will recall up to 8 devices so once paired everyone is set.

My music collection is mostly 320k CD rips and I also use Tunein radio for a mixture of stuff. Sound quality was great, really great, I've read a fair bit about bluetooth bit rates on Android (4.2) being reduced but i can't honestly say i can notice. The sound is nice and full, Tried a varied array of music so far, guitar led, classical, motown, electronic, all sound great. Pound for pound i really couldn't be happier. It's my first Cambridge Audio piece of kit and will definitely look at them again.

I did have a question which I directed to them on their Website, logged at 23:20 and had the response from them by 9:30am the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambrige Audio. Thank you., 25 April 2014
Nearly bought the Bose Soundlink Mini and very please I did not. This is a fantastic speaker.
Connected to An Airplay adapter ( Airmusic ) and steaming from my Ipad the sound is superb, Bluetooth is great but not the same quality as streaming over WiFi.
No wonder it was portable speaker of the year ( What HiFi )
Looks good, sounds even better and for the money unbeatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't do better for the price, 4 Nov. 2014
I am so impressed with these speakers. Given that they're small bluetooth speakers, which cost just £120, the sound they make is amazing. They handle electronic music pretty well. They're very comfortable with house music with a decent amount of bass. Techno can stretch them a bit, but then it's very rhythm/bass-heavy music, and I don't expect them to deal with it perfectly - they still sound good.

On top of this the volume is very respectable and the battery life is more than respectable. They styling is simple but classy, and the build quality is excellent. Honestly, I don't think you can do better for the price. You could spend £50 more on Beats, but you'd be getting speakers that don't sound as good, have a battery life a fraction of the length of these, and in my opinion don't look anywhere near as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good speaker, 8 May 2014
ok, it's obvious this a great value for money speaker
so i just want to mention two problems i have with it, although you should still buy it...
1. the auto-off - it powers down after 30 mins of no activity, in practice i have found this annoying
2. the incredible bass can be too bassy when listening to speech as i do often, i would have liked a wee switch to sort that
so - no big deal - buy it anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great - just be careful about a couple of things..., 18 Jan. 2015
Mr. A. Taylor-Bennett (Chichester, UK) - See all my reviews
Being fussy about sound quality I read reviews, listened to a number of rival products, and generally thought quite hard about this purchase. Sure, there are other wireless speakers that sound better (its big sibling the Minx Air 200, for example, which I have too, and the new B&W T7, to name but two) but they cost well over 2x the asking price for this unit. I bought it as a fill-in speaker for a sitting room, and with a view to taking it away with me on holidays.
It's small size surprised me when it arrived - I guess I was expecting something nearer the Minx, but it's 'biggish tranny radio' size. The bluetooth connection works well (especially if you're sending AptX codex info to it) and connects easily. The little light behind the speaker grill glows different colours to show what kind of input it's getting, and flashes when pairing. The sound via cable (aux in) is even better than Bluetooth, as you'd expect.
Be careful on two counts, however. First, like all speakers, never judge it until it's run-in. The sound quality relaxed and bedded-in after a few days of use. Second, it is very (very) fussy about placement: that's what you put it on, and how near a rear surface it is. Positioned in free space and too near to you, it can sound boxy and lack a lot of bass information. Put it on a solid non-resonant surface about 9" from a wall and a couple of metres away and it springs into life, with a good level of detail, a nicely balanced frequency response, and a capacity to go loud without shouting at you.
Position it carefully, feed it some HD music through a decent cable and this unit will delight. Or just pop it on the kitchen window ledge and play the radio through it from non-AptX bluetooth from an iPhone and it still sounds good.
It's a nice sounding speaker at a very good price. Firmly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Radio is Superb, 14 Jan. 2015
Amazon Customer "PEF" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'd decided to get the GO V2 after it one a What HiFi Product of the Year award, as I realised I was using my Tivoli Model One almost entirely as a Bluetooth Speaker. I decided to spend an extra £20 on the radio version, as I still enjoy listening to FM. I can confirm what the reviews all say, which is that the GO I'd superbly built and produces an improbably big sound for it's size with plenty of bass. It also copes with everything from rock to full scale orchestral music, lending everything a superb, balanced and very listenable sound. I already find myself carrying it around the house, listening in the kitchen whilst I'm cooking etc. and it' swell worth shelling out the extra for the Radio version. The tuner is neatly integrated and the sound is up to the rest of the unit, pulling in stations clearly with no hiss. It only has 3 presets, but that's all I need, and it's very quick and easy to search for stations you use less often. I also like the fact that the Radio has a display showing the frequency you're listening to, where the basic model just has a light to show Bluetooth. Super. And highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 July 2014
Unbelievable quality. Sounds so much nicer than my Sonos and cheaper! The depth of bass coming from this speaker is mind boggling for its size and considering that it runs on a battery!

5.0 out of 5 stars good considering the options, 1 Mar. 2014
Bluetooth speakers are more expensive than they should be in my opinion. I looked at Sony, Bose and a few others for what they offer but couldn't justify their cost, even if they sounded great, according to their reviews. I decided to go for Minx Go because:

(a) It is a sub-£100 that had good reviews about it's sound quality
(b) It is battery powered, and supposedly lasts up to 18 hrs on a single charge
(c) It is small enough to fit anywhere
(d) It is built by a bunch of people passionate about music (or so it seems from Cambridge Audio's website)

I just got the speaker today, and I've got to say, I am impressed. It sounds good (not tinny at all). It looks good too. Go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars MINX GO vs. JBL Charge - Battle of the budget bluetooth speaker, 25 Aug. 2014
I have owned the JBL Charge for about a year, and bought this MINX GO a few weeks ago. This review is not aimed to give you an extensive review of the MINX, as plenty of others have done that, but as a comparison between the MINX and the Charge - as they are both similarly prices, and I certainly did not know which one would be better.

The JBL Charge is a great speaker - I purchased it without massive expectations, as I am a bit of an audiophile, and am fussy about sound quality. But the charge really did impress me; the quality is good, clear and loud.The high-end is not tiny, and and bass is not fuzzy. Of course, being a speaker considerably smaller than a toaster, it does not blow you away with bass, nor volume, but you have to be realistic.

The MINX GO is equally good, in fact, better in terms of sound quality. The high-end is really crisp, the mids are clear, and this speaker packs a surprising bass to it - due to being slightly larger. In fact, if you turn this speaker up and play bass-heavy music the entire unit will slowly vibrate across the table.

So the MINX gets my vote for sound, but it has a couple of small drawbacks, mainly in the unit design. The JBL Charge is a very sturdy unit - its cylindrical body means it doesn't get chipped, scratched or fall-over if knocked. The MINX, on the other hand, stands up with only a small pull-out foot to hold it up; this means that it is much more susceptible to knocks, bangs and being knocked over, as I have experience a few times. The Charge is great, as I could just chuck it onto the bed and let it play, the MINX, however, I have to place down carefully, ensuring it stands up, and then I have to avoid touching it, to make sure it doesn't fall over. This is not an issue if you're using the unit on your desk, or kitchen table, but I take my speakers everywhere, and this is a slight drawback for me.

A second issue I have experience with the MINX is it almost goes "too loud" - what I mean is, it allows you to crank up the volume so high that it sounds as though the speaker cones are going to rip. Obviously, I have only ever done this by mistake, but it is worrying, and something that doesn't happen with the Charge.

The JBL Charge also has its issues, most notably for me was the Bluetooth connection problems I had. The unit would connect to my laptop fine, but not play sound through the speakers until I turned the speaker off-and-on. This was a massive hassle, and meant I often ended up using a AUX cable, instead of using the bluetooth feature. It may have just been my laptop, as other people who used the speaker with their laptop did not experience this issue, but the MINX has not had any issues for me - it connects to my laptop, phone, tablet etc instantly - and just plays - exactly as you'd want.

Finally, battery-life - both are fantastic. I think the MINX has a slightly longer life, by an hour or 2 (a total of about 15 hours), and only takes 4 hours to charge, which is awesome. But I haven't done a "scientific" either of the devices.

Overall, If I could only have one, it would be the MINX, the minor drawbacks of the design are made-up for by the fantastic audio quality, battery life and error-free bluetooth connection.

Cambridge Audio MINX GO Bluetooth Active