Style Name: Xperia Z|Change
Price:£8.95 - £70.89

on 1 March 2015
The dock does exactly what's expected of it, after all its is from Sony. Expensive for what it is but you get what you pay for and the previous, cheap one I had was unreliable. Worth it me thinks.
on 18 June 2014
Simple to use. Highly recommend it as it saves the hassle of opening your port of your phone each time you want to charge. Its also great as a stand for your phone on your desk. The only thing I would say is that it is pretty expensive for what it is, £15 would be a more idea price. But if you want to protect your phone, then it gives you a peace of mind that dust isn't going to pour in while you have that lid open during the charge or the worry of liquid spilling from any accidents. Pretty good product.
on 16 August 2014
100% Genuine sony product boxed in a soony box
Does exactly what it says on the box
But
1 against is no cable come on guys for the price easy to include a cable they cost pence on here
Works great and saves you opening the port on side which to me is better less you open less chance of water ingress into port when you use in water:)

Buy it and appreciate how easy it is to use
Comes with 2 clip in enlargers for when you use the charger with phone in a case :)
on 20 July 2015
Though I think this little beggar is somewhat overpriced for what it is I cannot say that it isn't (a) useful or that (b) it doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to as it does. I have a Sony Xperia Z2 and this is simply the best way to charge it since otherwise you have to keep opening and closing the protective flap over the micro USB charging socket, and I can quickly see that flap either getting damaged or at least loose, so the dock just makes more sense since there is an interface for it on the side of the phone that requires no fiddling about. Apart from the price, which I do think is too much for what it is, this little dock also suffers from two other things that stop me giving it five stars - the first is it's lightness, the second the too short cable. Since the dock is so small and light it refuses to sit securely anywhere unless a phone is docked in it. Also the USB cable between the dock and power adapter is really far too short to be properly useful - ideally it should be at least twice as long as the barely 1m (3ft) that it is. Apart from that it's the usual Sony build quality (fine) and does the job, so if you have an Xperia phone/tablet then annoyingly you also really you need this dock to charge it if you want to retain all the dustproof/waterproof ratings on the protective caps and covers.
on 10 June 2014
Originally I bought the Sony dock and while I think it could have been better weighted to sit better on a surface it does its job as it should and charges the Z2 at a good rate.

The 3rd party dock I tried, (the best rated Z2 dock on Amazon rated higher than the genuine Sony dock..), looks similar and feels the same. I can only see two differences: 1) The name Sony is not on the item (personal choice as to whether this is important to you so I won’t comment) and 2) it charges at a snail’s pace.

In summary, as such in my opinion, the 3rd party charger is absolutely useless. If you can’t afford an additional £10 for the Sony charger my advice would be to get neither and charge by UBS cable directly only. No point having a phone if it has no juice following a few hours charge!! I would suggest (and I don’t know for sure), that the adapter in the 3rd party dock where the phone connects magnetically is actually for a Z1 i.e. it is not suitable for the Z2.
on 26 February 2015
Good delivery. Excellent product. Bought it because I was worried the charging port flap on phone looks flimsy. With charging dock, never have to open flap again. 5 stars.
on 17 May 2014
Well made but light as a feather and all you get is the dock. For this price, I would expect something a bit more substantial or maybe something extra thrown into the box.

No mains charger, no lead, pretty much nothing at all other than the dock. There is a wider slot-in adapter - I assume this is for the Z1.

The tiny, but powerful, magnet in the dock draws the pins upwards to the phone. When inserted, the phone recognises a dock is being used and prompts you to use Android's Daydream feature (or other similar app if you have one installed).

The magnet is very powerful for its size (probably a neodymium magnet), but because the base is relatively light weight, you have to hold down the base when you remove the phone. On a couple of occasions I have ragged the base and wire right across the table, not thinking! Obviously I'll get used to holding the base down properly before I detach the phone but maybe a more weighty base and possibly less powerful magnet would have been better.

The Z2 smartphone is currently well over £500 (17th May 2014). You would imagine official accessories for this premium phone to be something special. Although well made, this isn't special.
on 26 April 2014
Very pleased with the docking station. It should help to keep the phone watertight because I'm not opening the charging flap to plug it in now.
on 27 August 2015
This little charging device does everything it is supposed to do.

I purchased this charger to remove the need to pull up the "waterproof flap" where the micro USB port is to charge the tablet. I had used the Z2 for a while and noticed a small amount of damage to the surface of this flap, and was concerned that over time this flap would lose its snug fitting.

Once it "found" the small insert of the cradle, the tablet was able to be slotted into it, and so long as you get the middle of the Z2 close to the centre line of the charger, the small magnetic connectors can be heard to engage with a small click. The tablet is secure in the holder and maintains its balance, without obvious risk of falling out.

The only negative I have found, is that with the case supplied by John Lewis with my Z2, there is no way to charge whilst the case is in place. This may not be the situation with other cases, but something to bear in mind. I just remove the case, as this is a lot cheaper (if needed) to replace in the future than the waterproof flap.
on 7 January 2015
Excellent and very handy, I keep this next to my bed and the phone becomes a bedside clock and charges overnight in it. Cracking idea.