The Disappearing Humans
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£6.24+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 29 August 2013
Right, I simply want you to buy this album because the song writing talent and musicianship in this band is simply stunning and for a band to be this good and sooooo small is criminal.

Musically TMIS purvey the kind of thrashed up, mixed up priest and maiden heavy metal that a lot of other bands today also peddle. But there is an important difference.... Mr Butt (gawd bless his cotton socks) instils a remarkable sense of melody into any riff or solo he plays and he doesn't always stick to the usual metal clichés - though admittedly one of the most fun aspects of listening to this is the fact it very rarely strays far from the well worn path of \m/metal\m/

Also, unlike so many other bands that play this form of metal they are the only one (other than Sacred Mother Tongue) who manage to play something so obviously metal without resorting to littering the songs with pseudo deathcore screaming - a definite bonus.

So if like me you find the last 2-3 albums by Maiden, Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Trivium, Bullet or Iced Earth to be rather lack lustre affairs then this may well be the album you have been waiting for.

Still, if none of you get into this then I can still can go and see one of the best Live acts I've seen for an age for very little money and get a clear view from the bar like I did a few days ago. Such a blatant oversight by the metal fraternity does have some advantages for selfish f**kers like me occasionally.
on 14 September 2014
The More I see return with their third album 'The Disappearing Humans' & it's a huge departure from their first two album. Gizz has come back with a whole new band as well as new material. The trademark guitar sound of Mr Butt is still evident but the deep guttural vocal of old singer Chas have been replaced with the more radio friendly melodic vocal talent of James Cluer. The album starts with a short instrumental called Crossed Over & then it's straight into the mental riffage that Gizz is renowned for with the track Rise Up & Start.

The Riff continue to flow but at a slower pace with the next track 'Still' A mid paced song with multilayerd harmonies & complex soloing thrown in.
The album continues in the the same vein for the next track & then takes an unexpected turn with the track 'Mourning and Melancholia' A slow ballad.
If you're after the next crossover Thrash album then this isn't it. It has got it's foot firmly planted in the melodic metal genre. The one track that does give a nod to Gizz's past roots in the Punk/Metal; school of music is the track 'Spirit of Freedom' for me this is the standout track

All in all it's a good album. There's room for improvement that's for sure but as a first album for the new line up,the lads from 'TMIS' can hold their heads up high. If I was to give this album a mark out of 10 I'd say 8. Live they take on a whole new dimension & if they could capture the energy they put out at gigs & lay it down as an album then I'd give them 11 out of 10. If you get chance go see 'em on their up & coming tour in November. You won't be disappointed. Review by BH
on 15 September 2014
The Disappearing Humans sees The More I See fulfilling all the outstanding potential they displayed on their earlier albums. It combines precision thrash riffing, addictive vocal melodies, progressively minded song writing and - of course - incredible lead work from Gizz Butt (War Dance, The Prodigy, English Dogs etc etc etc). You genuinely won't hear much better guitar playing anywhere. I can't recommend this bright, finely honed, melody infused opus of modern metal highly enough. The fact that this album isn't being held aloft as an example of all that's great about metal today is a crying shame. Buy it and support the very best that UK metal has to offer. And while you're at it check them out live when they tour the UK throughout October and November.
on 16 September 2014
Like Sylosis, this band sounds fresh. Thrash riffing, addictive vocal melodies, you need to listen and listen many times to assimilate the potential of this band.