5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, tense and realistic. Highly recommended.
Published 19 months ago by Tinkertoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I am afraid I found this disappointing after the previous two. I found the Danny and Billy characters very unconvincing along with the introduction of the new sergeant.
I had high hopes for this series but feel perhaps it has run its course
Published 1 month ago by thevanmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, tense and realistic. Highly recommended., 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Having read every book in Mr Wingfield's "Frost" series, and classing myself as a groupie for the enigmatic "Morse", I was delighted to discover DI Dylan. The authors kindly gifted me a copy of "White Lilies" and I read it in two sittings. Descriptive writing quickly immersed me into Dylan's world. There were some page turning twists and turns as several plots lines were expanded to build a vivid picture of British policing, and crime scenes were at times shocking, but always totally believable. While DI Dylan's case load increases, his partner Jen confronts her own very personal life changing challenges, as she is expecting their first child. Tension builds both in the work place and at home, relationships become strained almost to breaking point. DI Dylan's loyalties are torn and put to the ultimate test as he strives to juggle murders, mysteries, and serious assaults while coming to terms with his new role as father to be.

White Lilies is everything I hoped to find in a detective novel: realistic characters and crime scenes, intriguing mysteries combined with a complicated, yet satisfying home life. Though this is a "stand alone" novel, I'm thrilled to discover there are previous episodes to catch up with: Deadly Focus and Consequences are two titles I look forward to downloading to my kindle very soon.

Nb. I've just learned that Carol & Bob's DI Dylan has been snapped up by a television production company, and I foresee a whole nation glued to their television sets to watch DI Dylan in action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-stranded plot. Terrific read!, 25 Mar 2013
Geraldine Evans (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
White Lilies, the third book in the DI Jack Dylan series, had me in its grip from the start. Dylan, as Senior Investigating Officer, displayed a masterful grasp of a host of cases, in the process, teaching this particular writer a lot about what is involved in police work. Thank you, Bob! I've made notes!

Two hit and runs, a brutal rape, a suspicious death, then a murder and a potential murder. As if that wasn't enough for any SIO to contend with, a young boy is stabbed in an apparently unprovoked attack and then a woman is held at knifepoint by a newly-released psychotic in a subway.

I marvelled at the command Dylan exhibited in leading the investigation into all these cases, and in bringing them all to a conclusion.

Meanwhile, Jen, his partner, heavily pregnant with their first child and frequently left alone to cope while Dylan grappled with his multi-stranded workload, has her own problems. With her parents miles distant and her girlfriend battling depression after the birth of her own first baby, she has plenty to be fearful about.

I really enjoyed this book. The authors grabbed me from the start and didn't let go till the end. It was an enthralling ride that became increasingly exciting as the story progressed. I was totally gripped by the way they controlled such difficult and multi-stranded cases. Can't wait for the next book in the series! Five stars. Highly recommended.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fabulous DI Dylan Novel!, 24 Mar 2013
Once again, the writing team of R.C. Bridgestock has delivered a true to life British Crime Novel. We again are treated to the inside glimpse of Detective Inspector Dylan's life as he rushes head on into a series of horrific crimes while trying to maintain a balanced family life as he expects the birth of his first child.
Another busy day in the life of a British DI? No problem. DI Dylan is used to having several irons in the fire at once, but things start going wildly out of control and he is stretched thin. Two separate hit and run accidents happen within days of each other leave an elderly woman and her dog dead as well as a newborn baby and his mother. As he works on solving these murders, a girl is attacked and the suspects seem to be all tied together. During the course of the first investigation they uncover yet another crime affecting the elderly, and possibly leading to even more untimely deaths. As if DI Dylan doesn't have enough to worry about he has a new Detective Sergeant to deal with who seems more intent on getting Dylan in the sack than she does on solving any crimes. Finally, we add in his personal life - a very pregnant Jen who is feeling a bit neglected. RC Bridgestock proves to us that it is never boring as a DI and that DI Dylan is a true professional.
The plot line of the newest DI Dylan novel is very well done- it kept me guessing the entire time. Just when I thought I had it figured out, another person would wind up in critical condition or worse yet, dead, and my main `suspect' would be in a completely different place! The pace was great- little glimpses and hints, a rush of action and then a slow simmer. It was nice to get to know more about the personal life of Dylan and the other main players as well as the new kids in the nick as the pressure to solve the onslaught of crime came to a fast boil.
Kudos to RC Bridgestock for another well done British who-done-it!
A complimentary copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars White lilies, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Well written by an author who obviously knows their subject. Have enjoyed all three of these books and hope that more will be forthcoming.

4.0 out of 5 stars White Lilies., 7 July 2013
Book Worm (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all 3 in this series and really enjoyed them. I love all the sub plots going on and the twists and turns. The editing is irritating though with spelling mistakes, words missing, extra words added and some letters missed out of words so you have to stop and think which word it is. I wish these books were checked thoroughly before being available to buy as these errors can spoil the story. Can't wait for the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dylan On Form, 27 April 2013
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
From start to finish, this was a real page turner. Couldn't wait to get started on it, and once I had started, I couldn't put it down. Unlike many crime novels I had read where the culprit becomes obvious, I had no idea how the book would end.

A quite brilliant read and I can't wait for Book 4 - don't keep us waiting too long!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking good read, 27 April 2013
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
This book picks up hot on the heels of the last, I have enjoyed every page . It's definitely a series I am happy to recommend to family and friends . D.I. Dylan definitely gives Roy Grace series a run for his money as my favourite police based thrillers

5.0 out of 5 stars Grips you from page one and never lets go, 18 April 2013
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Each successive book from RC Bridgestock just gets better. White Lilies takes you on a white-knuckle ride to find a brutal murderer,or are there more than one? RC Bridgestock is the writing partnership of Bob and Carol Bridgestock.Both have nearly fifty years of high profile police experience to draw on.Bob led countless investigations in West Yorkshire involving murder and other serious crime at superintendent level.This knowledge brings their writing to life.The true depictions of police procedure as it really is when hunting down dangerous criminals gives the novel the gravitas to satisfy the most enthusiastic crime fiction reader. The plot is perfectly paced as DI Dylan and his team grapple with a string of sickening crimes in Harrowfield.The frustrations of working against the clock, strains relationships for DI Dylan both at work and in his personal life and the characters are very well drawn.
The sense of realism shines through and by interweaving Dylan's concerns for his pregnant partner and the multiplicity of his caseload,takes the reader right into the thick of the often harsh pressures of modern policing.
White Lilies is an excellently crafted and exciting novel which never lets up.To those who want a gripping and authentic story then this is for you.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars White Lilies, 12 Jun 2014
Mr. R. D. Dunn (wiltshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
This is a book of two halves with two young takeaways reeking havoc with many lives and the other half involved with identifying who the criminals are.

5.0 out of 5 stars White Lilies, 12 Jun 2014
C. A. Bean "CarreeBee" (DERBY, DERBYSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Fast-paced and tense, a great read, I really didn't want to stop reading. I will definitely look out for the others in the series, highly recommended.

White Lilies (D.I. Dylan Book 3)