5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding mount
Before I start, I'll just stress that I don't work for the people who make these, this is a genuine user review. I read a few of the reviews before buying and immediately thought they were from employees as they were just too complimentary!

Published 21 months ago by Mr. N. Wildman

2.0 out of 5 stars Marks the dashboard
It's a great mount, in fact so so strong that it damages the dash when removed. I'm kinda bummed about this, but I do wonder if it's my own fault for not using a sticky disk supplied. I didn't want glue on the dash, but in reflection it would have cleaned off. I now have a doughnut shaped dent on the dashboard!
Published 9 months ago by DW

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding mount, 14 Jun. 2013
Mr. N. Wildman "nickwildman2" (Beds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For Samsung Apple HTC Nokia Blackberry Motorola Sony Ericsson LG iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5 5S 6 Galaxy Note 2 3 II Galaxy S3 S4 IV i9300 i9500 i9200 i9100 HTC One X+ The New Droid RAZR Blackberry Q10 Z10 9700 9900 Sony Xperia Z L T LG Optimus Nokia Lumia 920 820 Google Nexus 4 (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I've always had trouble finding a decent car mount for whatever phone I've had at the time. One or all of the same old issues always pop up: the suction is rubbish and the mount falls off, the holder itself doesn't grip the phone so the phone falls out, the mount wobbles while driving and results in the phone not staying where you want it to or the holder covers up the charging/headphone port. I am very glad to report that this mount has none of these problems.

Suction: the only problem you'll have here is getting the thing to un-stick! The mount uses a lever which secures the bottom to whatever surface you're using but to be honest, it doesn't need it as it sticks brilliantly without it! I attached the mount to my dashboard but when I tried remove it, it took a lot of effort. You don't need to worry about this coming off mid-drive.

The phone holder: this consists of a spring loaded clip with a rubber inlay that grips the phone. Unlike some spring loaded ones I've tried before, this one is very strong and grips the phone very tightly. There's no danger of the phone falling out once it's secured. The other obvious benefit is that the clip has a wide opening range meaning that you'll be hard pressed to find a phone that will be too big for it. The rubber inlay prevents the phone slipping and also protects it from scratches etc.

Wobble: a lot of mounts have long necks that wobble during driving and the phone position changes. This mount is made of a solid plastic block so that problem is negated but where this product really shines is the ability to tighten the back of the gripping head once it is in position so that it won't move. I live in the a**** end of nowhere and the potholed country roads provide a stern test but I can promise you the phone didn't move an inch after I had tightened the head. You can change the orientation i.e. landscape/portrait or anything in between of the phone prior to tightening the head so you can have it where you want. This is the main selling point for me as the phone moving in transit really p***** me off. I am absolutely chuffed with this and it alone justifies the asking price in my opinion.

Charging port: This won't be a problem in the vast majority of cases as you can choose where the head will grip the phone to make sure the ports are unobstructed. Due to the strength of the grip, it doesn't matter if the phone has to be gripped at the end rather than the middle.

The only issue I can see is that if you have a long phone like mine (S4), the slightly sloped bottom end of the mount means that you may not be able to have the phone standing completely upright while being gripped, it may lean to a very slight angle. This however can be easily overcome by having the head in the horizonal position if it bothers you but the angle is so slight it didn't bother me.

In conclusion, this really is a fantastic product, it's the first one I've found that ticks all the boxes and looks quite stylish while doing it. I very rarely give anything 5 stars but this mount deserves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid well made car mount that doesn't fall off, 25 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Note: The supplier sent me a review sample to test, no attempt was made to influence my opinion of the product.

The Montar car mount is universal mount for smart-phones with an attractive glossy black finish. You get a pre fitted cleanable sticky pad at the bottom, you can wipe this clean with a damp cloth and let it dry, it retains the sticky nature on the pad.

You can fit the mount to either a windscreen or dash. There is a supplied 3M stick pad for dash fitting, you remove the cover and stick it down, then put the mount on it and lock it down. It won't mark the dash with the 3M pad placed there. The main jaws that hold the phone are just over 5 cm when closed and can open up to around 9.5cm max, they are spring loaded so close up around any phone fitted, with red rubber which has grooves to hold a phone in place without damaging it. There is a locking nut around the base of the jaws so you can swivel it around to the require position (tilt and angle)

I prefer to fit to a windscreen and the device was very solid when placed here due to the combination of the sticky rubber and locking it down held it securely in place. Even in warm weather there is no sign of movement or falling off. Do make sure to clean the windscreen before applying as they can build up residue over time. There is a tab at the bottom of the rubber mount to help removing it, it does take a bit of effort to pull it off, so make sure you use the tab to help.

A nice product, well built and effective. It's a bit more expensive than some other mounts I've tried, but to date this is the best built unit I've tested by some margin.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 6 plus perfect!, 7 Oct. 2014
I got one of these for my campervan to hold my iPhone 4s as a sat nav. It stuck fast and has good firm but soft rubber grips to hold the phone without damaging it. Anyway I was happy with the product and had a cheaper and not very good one for my car. When I got the new iPhone 6 plus I was delighted to discover this device held it as firmly as the much smaller 4. I ordered another one for my car and it fitted as easily and well as the other. I am very pleased with the product and if you have bought the iPhone 6 plus then this is a good option!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stand for dashboard!, 2 Nov. 2013
smartyPants "Smartypants" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Been looking for a car mount for my iphone 5 for months - I wanted to try & find one that connects to the fascia, or one of the ones that mount on the air vents. But none of them get great reviews & when you spend a lot of money on an iphone, I didnt want to risk getting it damaged. So decided to try out this one as very good reviews.

I drive a Seat Leon MK1, the dashboard has slightcurve to it, but this mount stays firmly stuck to the dashboard. Been using for about a month & driven about 2,000 miles with no issue. I havent had to remove & clean it to get it to stick again as it hasnt lost its grip in the past month. My wife has a really expensive mount which fits an iphone 5 perfectly but ONLY if you take the case off! This one expands, so I never need to take the case off the iphone.

I use with an iPhone 5, but will work with pretty much all phones.

So, wasnt exactly what I was looking for, as would have preferred a docking solution that sat lower, but this works & best solution I have come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Aug. 2014
I've found this item invaluable. It holds my Samsung smart phone beautifully, both ways and never, ever comes unstuck. In fact, when I tried to move it to another car I thought the windscreen was gonna come out attached to the holder! That thing is super sticky, able to stick to glass and textured dash equally well. If anything, it's too damned sticky! I had one incident with it though when trying to fit my tom tom sat nave in landscape. The thing ejected the sat nav which fell out of the car onto the Tarmac. After a prolonged search it was located underneath the car, binned the front tyre. I'll be more careful in future, the spring in the clamp is very strong. so in summary: I would definitely recommend it and would buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with good sticking power, 3 Dec. 2014
Sue H "Sunshine Suzzy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I'm comparing this product to several sat nav holders purchased from a variety of major brands. The holder is light but made from a strong plastic. It has a quality feel as much as it is possible to describe plastic as quality. I have to say the sticking power of this holder is awesome. The cap comes with a protective film to be removed before use. The bottom cap is very sticky, so sticky infact I thought it was a once only stick like glue product, to mounted and forgot, but no it comes off to be stored in a glove box, or mounted in a different place. The bottom suction cap has a lever to create a vacuum with the cap. On a flat surface, I didn't even need to engage this when mounting vertically, but did use it for window mounting. Being very sticky it did pick up dust off the dashboard, but a wash in water with a mild detergent removed the dirt and restored full stick.

The holder has a strong spring and it held equally well a Samsung Galaxy Note II in a case (a wide product ) and an iPhone 5, considerably slimmer. The iPhone did move a little if the holder was waved about, but in use its stayed in place. The head is on a ball joint so the holder can be put at any angle. The ball joint is quite stiff, the head stays pretty much in place, but there is a screw lock on the back to fix it 100%.

I mounted the product on windows and a ridged dashboard and it held firm. The dashboard would never have been an option with the old sat nav. The product also comes with an additional non reusable mount. The packaging states for porous surfaces, I don't have any of these and am not sure where it would be used, perhaps if you have leather trim in the car?

Although this is a product desiged for a car I can imagine leaving the phone in the holder and sticking this on the fridge freezer or high level kitchen cupboards to read receipes whilst cooking.

Theres not really any negatives except to say that I didn't find it one hand operation, I needed to two hands to remove it from the dashboard.

Over all highly recommended.

N.B. This product was sent to me for review by the manufacturers at no cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Grip!, 17 Jan. 2015
Newton "Sassy Brit" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Disclosure: I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation purposes in return for an honest and unbiased review.

The Montar Universal Car Mount is a very smart looking product with a sleek, shiny black look and a red inside grip. It rotates 360 degrees so can swivel around to face either driver or passenger and because the gripper can be adjusted width ways, it also fits various gadgets of mine; different phones, satnav's and iPods for instance.

This is very easy to install, with a base that can be stuck onto the dashboard with 3M film, so the mount's body can be added on top to make it even more secure and steadfast. In addition it has a suction lever that keeps the cradle even tighter in place. This is particularly good for breathable surfaces where the 3M film will not stick as well.

What is also very good about this (apart from the fact that is it truly universal) is that, should you want to remove this from your dashboard after it has been stuck down securely it's fairly easy to remove from the sticky base, wash and dry and wait for the stickiness to come back.

I'm really pleased with this universal car mount, and received some lovely, positive comments about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds my Xperia Z very tightly., 20 May 2013
S. Stroud (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this car mount for my new Xperia Z.

The mount sticks VERY firmly to glass - haven't tried it on any other surfaces yet.

Just a couple of comments ... it is a very tight fit on the phone, so fitting the phone is a bit of a struggle as you really have to use one hand to hold the "gripping jaws" open while holding the phone in place. With the Xperia Z this is a bit tricky because you have to clamp it in just the right place - see below. I can imagine how the design could be improved to make this easier - add finger grips round the back that you "squeeze together" to open the jaws, instead of having to prise the jaws open with your fingers from the inside while the phone is in the way.

On the Xperia Z (unlike the phone in the picture) you do not want to clamp the phone near the middle, because that's exactly where the power button is. Also just a bit further down are the volume up/down buttons so you can't clamp it there either. Also you can't clamp it ABOVE the middle because then you can't connect a charger when in-car. So you have to clamp the phone rather close to its bottom edge. This works OK for navigation apps, but for "dashcam" apps it seems that there is a bit of vibration in the videos, I am guessing because the camera is right up the top, and the phone is held right near the bottom.

All in all a good sturdy mount, but just a couple of issues make it not quite a 5 star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 30 Jun. 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
If you are fed up with car mounts for mobile phones that will not stay in place and fall off, then this is the product for you! It grips on like its life depends on it!

This mount is compatible with many phones - up to a 5.3" screen size. It is possible to fit the mount to either the windscreen or to the dashboard. When fitting to the dashboard you are supplied with a sticky pad which you apply to the dashboard. The mount can then be placed on top of this pad and locked into position. I don't think that I would want to use the mount without this, as it's grip is strong and I think it could mark or break the dashboard.

It is easy to stick the mount onto the windscreen, and once it is there it doesn't fall off.

When the phone is inserted inside the mount, it doesn't wobble at all which is great in my books. Most mounts I have used in the past have had the phone vibrating and wobbling slightly as the car moves. There is none of that with this product.

Overall, this is a well made and useful product that does the job as well as anyone could hope for.

I was sent this item to test and to provide an honest review.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW what an excellent mount, 20 Feb. 2015
Length:: 5:19 Mins

Firstly I would like to say that Go4More have provided me with this mount free of charge in return for my honest opinion of the product.

WOW what a fantastic car mount this is. The grip on this thing is incredible. I have tried many mounts over the years and none of them have ever managed to stick to my dashboard. This thing stuck straight away and is solid as a rock. It holds my iPhone 6 perfectly ad is very very simple to install and operate. It has a screw hinge so that you can tilt and change the angle as often as you like.
The build quality is exceptional and it feels very sturdy and well made.
To install this on your dash all you have to do is remove the protective film from the gel suction cup and make sure that the suction clip is in the upright position, then just plonk it down where ever you want it and press the suction clip down. The mount is not fixed into position and ready to hold your device. It really is a simple as that. And once its there believe me it will not budge, unless you purposely want to and then all you have to do is lift up the suction clip, and pull the gel pad from the little stick out tab. It will be solid and it will take some getting off but it will not damage your dash or the mount.
If the gel becomes dirty simply was it under some cool water and allow to dry, it will now be as good as new.
If like me you were tired of mounts falling off your dash then go and buy this, it really is a fantastic product and you will not be disappointed.