5.0 out of 5 stars Action camera
I reviewed this item on the techmoan prior to purchasing it. The reviews by this man are comprehensive and practical and he gave it a positive thumbs up. This encouraged me to purchase the camera and I have not been disappointed since doing so. The quality of the results is fantastic!
Published 10 months ago by Neil295

1.0 out of 5 stars Monoprice with Nonosatisfaction
Published 1 month ago by Sprogger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Action camera, 14 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a great budget rival to GoPro / Action Cams, 20 July 2013
BUY BUY BUY - under £75 for a camera that is water and shock proof (1080p and upto 16MP stills camera) I'm using this on my MTB and Dog scooter and it's the business. Never gonna win an Oscar but I can use the money I saved for better things. and for the record - this camera is identical to the Ion Pro Air (only much cheaper) and it uses MOST of their accessories and mounts, I ordered the helmet and sucker mounts to attach to other things.

PS the battery lasts 2-3 hours so a 16GB micro sd card is enough (class 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars Monoprice with Nonosatisfaction, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Monoprice MHD Action Camera (Electronics)
Reading some reviews of this camera was not helpful, some were ok and some were poor, well heres mine: I have just returned this camera to the suppliers. Not only a were the photo's fish eyed, but the wavy, light effected video was disappointing. and the sound was almost non existent and fuzzy, and that was on the rare occasion the camera supplied sufficient data to my PC for it to show the video or photo's! I fixed it to my motorbike with the one good piece of kit...the adjustable bar clamp, did three miles and it worked...trial run ok. I reattached it and did twenty miles...it recorded, but would not transfer sufficient data to show the video through various systems ie: potplayer, iskysoft, windows media etc. Complete waste of time. Three trials later and only one more transferred. Going to buy a camera that uses MP4 instead of .MOV to cut out any possible conversion issues. If you buy a Monoprice lets hope mine was faulty and you have better luck...but it's a gamble!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price!, 10 Feb 2014
Very easy to use, easy to tranfer on your pc.
I had some difficulties using/installing the software for chosing parameters. But after a few trials, it works fine.
I like it

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 6 Feb 2014
very good value, just think about what you want it for. If you need exceptional low light performance - go and spend £400. if its mainly daytime shooting you do, this camera is tough and versatile and sports a standard 1/4 - 20 tripod mount. This means that getting or making innovative mounting solutions is pretty easy. File are produced in .mov format, very Mac compatible. I don't know how it would work with Windows. I might buy another one ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant action camera for under £100., 9 Sep 2013
I bought this for Tough Mudder as a way of taking photos and videos to remember the experience.
The battery lasted for the 3 hours 15 minutes that it took to complete the course. Videos look sharp in full HD, Photos are nice and clear.

The camera has also been down to 7 meters in an aquarium dive.

Would definitely recommend, pick up a class 10, 32gb MICRO SD CARD and you won't go wrong.

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're thinking that you've got a bargain think again, 12 May 2014
Smorkey (London, England) - See all my reviews
The photos, description and 'deleted original price' lead me to believe I was getting a quality camera for a bargain price. However it turned out to be a copy (but made in America rather than China), so I wasn't getting a bargain deal after all. The technomoan reviews weren't too bad, basically the old adage, 'you pay for what you get' is certainly true in this case. If I had known that the camera was a copy of a more expensive one from the beginning then I wouldn't have felt that I had been mislead. I wouldn't have bought it anyway. In the end I went for the more expensive Sony AS15.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bargain action cam you can buy, 3 Jan 2014
J. Malone (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
Sure there are better cams on the market but for the vast majority of people wanting high quality film in HD his is perfect. I've just returned from a ski trip and the quality of the images are superb. Pair with a high quality class 10 micro sd card and if you want a helmet mount then buy this... B00B82MY94

The mono price helmet mount is expensive and difficult to acquire in the UK, this one works perfectly. If you side mount on your helmet you will have to rotate the film by 90 degrees when you edit. The camera self levelling device only seems to work if the images are 180 degrees out or upside down. All minor gripes for what is an excellent action cam. I would not have complained at £150 but unless you want to spend more than £150 then I wouldn't consider anything else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good action camera. Waterproofing makes it ideal for water sports., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Monoprice MHD Action Camera (Electronics)
I use it mainly on my bike using the (supplied) handlebar mount. Video is good, but can be very blurry from the vibrations. (This would probably be the case with any similar cam mounted the same way).

Like a few of the other reviewers, I'm not that impressed by the rather muffled sound quality, but on reflection this will be due to the waterproofing. (See final point). Another irritation is the fact that you can't play back the movies using Windows Media Player. Well, you can but there is no sound.

Now on to the positives. It's a compact, robust and inexpensive action camera. In good light it takes decent stills and very reasonable quality video. You wouldn't want to film the school play on this device but that's not what it's for. I recommend this cam for when you want to capture footage where it might get a bit wet and messy. It's great that the cam is waterproof. Unlike some other, very much more expensive, action cams this one can be submerged without any extra case. (Just make sure the end cap is properly attached). I tried it out in a pool at the weekend and it worked really well. The big switches made it really easy to take stills and video clips. The footage underwater is reallly good and I can't wait to use it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Monoprice MHD Action Camera, 20 Aug 2014
Alan Pearson "Book worm" (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monoprice MHD Action Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera as a cheap alternative to the more expensive items on the market. It was bought for two reasons: 1) to record bike rides and 2) for work to record live and time lapse video of steel bridge builds.
For the bike rides I found it does what it says on the box, sound quality from behind is poor but perhaps that is a good thing. I've recorded a number of road bike rides and found the Monoprice to be more that adequate for my needs certainly enough to realise how close vehicles come when they overtake.
For work: I have recorded a number of live operations and the only down side I have found is that it does not have a view screen so they do occasionally seem to be tilted over to one site. The video quality and the sound is fine.
I have also recorded time lapse video, this has to be set by plugging into your computer and setting the timing. It works well and almost makes me wish that I hadn't invested in a Brinno since the quality appears to be better although the Brinno is simpler to setup not requiring a computer.
This was well worth the price and I may yet buy another.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›