I bought this from a well-known High Street chain store, approx 2 months ago. I'd never used a beard trimmer before. At first I thought these were gimmicks, until I bought this product.

Published 9 months ago by Comical_Blues

2.0 out of 5 stars Not short enough
I first tried this at number 4 (the setting I use on my Remington MB-4030). Didn't cut short enough for me. Switched progressively through 3, 2 & 1. No shorter! Also, the guide felt sharp on my skin. Returned.
Published 28 days ago by palsapal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss 7847U i-Trim Stubble Beard Trimmer - Great value trimmer, 2 Oct 2013

I purchased it because I was fed up with shaving day in and day out, so I shaved every 3-4 days. Then it was agro to try to shave my beard off using the hair trimmer, on my really good razor. It was taking too long to shave after 3 days of growth. And not all of it was coming off properly on the first shave.

I gave in and bought this product, but I didn't want to spend to much money, just in case it didn't work. I was wrong it's great! I can now shave off my beard within a couple of minutes, leaving a even cut of stubble. It's so much better than using a razor with a long hair trimmer. If I want a clean shave then I use my razor after using the trimmer.

On the back of this trimmer there is a dial which has 15 height adjustments, for finely tuning this trimmer. And a hinged plastic trim guard to protect the blades. It's really simple to use, you don't really need the instructions.

The instructions say it should be charged for 6-8 hours before use. And it should run for approx 40mins before needing a further charge. On the first charge I charged it for 24-26 hours before using it, so far I used it approx 20 times and its still on its first charge. It's starting to run down now, so I'll charge it for the same amount of time soon.

I definitely can recommend this product, if you want a basic stubble trimmer which is reliable. If you want stubble cut into fancy designs with different gradients, you'll need to shop around for another product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential buy, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Bought for my son who is into the "stubble"look. This is a like for like replacement for 1 bought 3 years ago which has been used regularly but has recently been accidentally broken. It arrived quickly & was well packaged.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not short enough, 25 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
These are great value. Struggle to cut my hair round my ears - but i have big ears.

Cant argue with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shaver, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Very pleased with the product, great for keeping stubble or short beards. Easy to use and to clean. Good entry level shaver, no reason to purchase anything more expensive unless you're going for really intricate styles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Trimmer I've Used, 28 April 2014
Richard J Green (Basingstoke, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
This is my third beard / stubble trimmer I've used over the course of about five years. I got bought this to replace my Remmington trimmer which still cut great but the battery didn't even last the time to trim my whole face any longer.

This new BaByliss i trimmer first off is totally useless if you have a short stubble length. I have mine at 3.5mm and it just does not contour with your face or neck properly leaving uneven length patches all over the place which I then have to fix with my old trimmer while the battery in it lasts.

The guard seems to be the biggest of it's problems as even when you set it in the backward position, you can't see where the blades are cutting as the guard obscures your view of the blades so you have to guess where you are cutting, no use if you are after a precision look.

The length adjuster and the power on/off controls sit exactly where your hands naturally wants to sit whilst holding it making it totally unergonomic and I find myself turning it off accidently whilst trying to maneuverer it around my face.

I'm currently looking into how difficult it will be for me to replace the interla Ni-MH battery in my old trimmer so that I can go back to using that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Gimmicks and Does The Job, 12 Mar 2014
Adam Finn (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Bought this as a replacement for a similarly cheap beard trimmer whose shield had cracked.

Having used plenty of beard trimmers before i can say that the most important thing is that you are not sucked in to paying silly amounts of money for gimmicks. That includes 'stubble vacuums' that never pick up the mess, digital displays that are largely irrelevant or electrics motors to adjust the length - all of these may look or sound cool but they are for me completely superfluous to the intended use.

This is a great value beard trimmer. It may take one or two shaves to get the right technique for your facial shape but I seemed to adapt eventually so have faith.

There are 30 different length adjustments between 0.5mm and 15mm (so there's way enough scope to find your length) which are adjusted using a small dial which doesn't seem to slip as easily as some other trimmers I have previously used. Just remember to bring down the shield to keep the length uniform. you can also remove the length adjustment to trim up lines... or other areas of your body! The shaver is cordless and the shaver lasts long enough for a substantial amount of shaves(just depends obviously how long you shave for) - so you don't have to charge it after each use. It plugs through the mains to charge. You can rinse the head under the tap and use the provided brush.

All in all a great product and without the gimmicks!

5.0 out of 5 stars babyliss stubble trimmer., 14 July 2014
excellent, great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaving marvellous, 12 July 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Good product does exactly what it states. Battery last for about 30 minutes id say on average. Delivered relatively quickly

4.0 out of 5 stars A satisfactory shaver, 11 July 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Pretty good shaver, build quality is satisfactory. The battery lasts a long time. You can flip the guard back for the closest shave.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›