I bought this from a well-known High Street chain store, approx 2 months ago. I'd never used a beard trimmer before. At first I thought these were gimmicks, until I bought this product.

Published 11 months ago by Comical_Blues

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good for the money.
Lighter and less noisy than my previous trimmer but you have to work against the nap of the beard to get it to work properly. I have it set to the minimum setting so not much of a 'stubble' trimmer - might work better on longer beards made of candyfloss, I dunno. No mini trimmer for detailing either. Battery life is good. Basic but gets the job done and quiet too.
Published 29 days ago by elstevador

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss 7847U i-Trim Stubble Beard Trimmer - Great value trimmer, 2 Oct 2013

I purchased it because I was fed up with shaving day in and day out, so I shaved every 3-4 days. Then it was agro to try to shave my beard off using the hair trimmer, on my really good razor. It was taking too long to shave after 3 days of growth. And not all of it was coming off properly on the first shave.

I gave in and bought this product, but I didn't want to spend to much money, just in case it didn't work. I was wrong it's great! I can now shave off my beard within a couple of minutes, leaving a even cut of stubble. It's so much better than using a razor with a long hair trimmer. If I want a clean shave then I use my razor after using the trimmer.

On the back of this trimmer there is a dial which has 15 height adjustments, for finely tuning this trimmer. And a hinged plastic trim guard to protect the blades. It's really simple to use, you don't really need the instructions.

The instructions say it should be charged for 6-8 hours before use. And it should run for approx 40mins before needing a further charge. On the first charge I charged it for 24-26 hours before using it, so far I used it approx 20 times and its still on its first charge. It's starting to run down now, so I'll charge it for the same amount of time soon.

I definitely can recommend this product, if you want a basic stubble trimmer which is reliable. If you want stubble cut into fancy designs with different gradients, you'll need to shop around for another product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential buy, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Bought for my son who is into the "stubble"look. This is a like for like replacement for 1 bought 3 years ago which has been used regularly but has recently been accidentally broken. It arrived quickly & was well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Gimmicks and Does The Job, 12 Mar 2014
Adam Finn (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Bought this as a replacement for a similarly cheap beard trimmer whose shield had cracked.

Having used plenty of beard trimmers before i can say that the most important thing is that you are not sucked in to paying silly amounts of money for gimmicks. That includes 'stubble vacuums' that never pick up the mess, digital displays that are largely irrelevant or electrics motors to adjust the length - all of these may look or sound cool but they are for me completely superfluous to the intended use.

This is a great value beard trimmer. It may take one or two shaves to get the right technique for your facial shape but I seemed to adapt eventually so have faith.

There are 30 different length adjustments between 0.5mm and 15mm (so there's way enough scope to find your length) which are adjusted using a small dial which doesn't seem to slip as easily as some other trimmers I have previously used. Just remember to bring down the shield to keep the length uniform. you can also remove the length adjustment to trim up lines... or other areas of your body! The shaver is cordless and the shaver lasts long enough for a substantial amount of shaves(just depends obviously how long you shave for) - so you don't have to charge it after each use. It plugs through the mains to charge. You can rinse the head under the tap and use the provided brush.

All in all a great product and without the gimmicks!

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
These are great value. Struggle to cut my hair round my ears - but i have big ears.

Cant argue with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shaver, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Very pleased with the product, great for keeping stubble or short beards. Easy to use and to clean. Good entry level shaver, no reason to purchase anything more expensive unless you're going for really intricate styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and neat to use, 28 July 2014
John M. Cryne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
Simple to use, yes there are various bits to adjust the cut, if you want, but I just want to get the closest shave possible which is simple to do. The fact that it is also mains operated is great, no longer picking a shaver up and not being able to use it as the battery has gone flat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time and money this is a must have., 7 Aug 2014
S. Wilshaw - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
After using razors all my life, this product is an absolute god send. I've often had a trimmer recommended by friends but have always ignored them, but after having seen this drop to below 20 i thought i may as well give it a try. I'm so glad i did, it has a small dial on the back with 20 different settings to let you decide how much (or little) hair you want to leave. This has saved me so much money on razors and up to now I've used it around 25 times off one charge. This product is an absolute bargain giving an even shave and it takes no time at all. I highly recommend this product. BOOM

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but good for the money., 31 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars this BaBliss trimmer represents awesome value., 30 July 2014
This review is from: BaByliss for Men 7847U I Trim Stubble (Personal Care)
As a general beard trimmer it is inexpensive and works really well. Only problem I can see, is that because of the folding beard guide is non detatchable, it makes it difficult to shape the beard. Luckily, I have an electric shaver or a razor that can do that job for me. For the price on amazon, this BaBliss trimmer represents awesome value.

5.0 out of 5 stars babyliss stubble trimmer., 14 July 2014