Format: Audio CDChange

on 29 August 2013
This is the Oblivians first album for 18 years and is probably their best yet. It is a smorgasbord of all of the best bits from their previous albums. I don't usually like it when bands reform after years apart as I don't think they can ever match the originals but this cd bucks that trend. Call the police!
on 28 June 2013
Oblivians return again with a highly energetic sky-high tempo album. Not only is it lively, it's also really good. This isn't just thoughtless punk, most of the songs are really good.
'Pinball King' is a really catchy garage punk track with distorted guitars to the fore. My personal favourite is 'Loving Cup'. It's got such a fantastic lead guitar part backed up with some great vocals.
The album is only 31 minutes long, and in that time 14 songs are covered so that gives an indication of the tempo of the songs, and how short and sweet some of the tracks are. In my view this just serves to give the album more energy and intensity.
It's been a long time since I've heard an album quite like this, and it's refreshing. I really like this garage punk, almost verging blues sound that they have. This album has an almost homemade feel to it and I think it's great for it. As it's only 31 minutes long I would suggest anyone who is a fan of any of the above mentioned genres to give it a listen. 5 stars.
on 2 October 2014