5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vacuum cleaner I have ever bought!
This is by far the best vacuum I have ever had or used. It is really simple to operate and super on solid floors or normal pile carpet. Suction is amazing no matter which tool you are using. Only negative point would be the fact that the suction is sooo good that cleaning my long pile rug is a workout!
Worth every penny!
Published on 5 Jun. 2013 by Ruby

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware.
I hope Morphy Richards prove me wrong, but I've done some research into this vacuum cleaner. Don't get me wrong, undoubtedly it looks absolutely fantastic, and I actually want to buy one. However, I want to point potential buyers to a very important point made in a related review which points out:

- you CANNOT buy a replacement belt for this vacuum...
Published 18 months ago by A. Stevenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Vacuum cleaner I have ever bought!, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction Complete Clean 73415 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1200 Watt - White (Kitchen & Home)
Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as vacuum cleaners over twice the price - buy it of you need a new vcuum, 10 Aug. 2013
I have a 'no loss of suction' vacuum the costs over twice this (a 'D' one) which has stopped performing as it should so decided to buy this one and if not as good I would use inholiday home and buy another 'D' one.
This Morphy Richards did not disappoint. I was amazed at what my 'D' one had missed and bedroom carpet, which I was going to replace, will now do a while longer.
Emptying the bag is really easy and empties from top and bottom (other one is far more awkward), filter is extremely easy to clean (unlike other one that you have to hald disassemble vacuum to get at), emptying canister a good size and has 2 handles for easy emptying from top and bottom. Smaller head to clean stairs is amazing, especially when you disassemble the small canister and use as a hand-held vacuum..
I've always previously had cylinder vacuums because of weight of upright ones - but this upright is not heavy. Manoeuvres as good as 'ball' vacuum.
If you need a new vacuum - just buy it. Its price is not a reflection of lesser quality than ones twice the price and like me, you too will be amazed at the value for money this represents

5.0 out of 5 stars best vaccum, 2 July 2013
Brilliant, lightweight,easy to use . Fantastic on wooden floors , the floor buffer really helps especially when you have pets, my stair carpet has been given a new lease of life with the specially designed stair brush.
Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Class Cleaner, 18 May 2013
I own 2 cats and needed a powerful cleaner to cope with all the fur that they shed. This product is excellent at doing this plus it's lightweight and I loved the detachable section that is useful for the stairs. No bag invlolved + the filters are fully washable. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 May 2013
Great vacuum. Moves well, light, comes apart for stairs etc. Long cord. Easy emptying. Really like it. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hoover ever, 6 Sept. 2013
Love this Hoover and it is the best one i have ever owned.
I particularly like the swivel action and the useful attachments.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 1 April 2014
At the beginning it seemed like an ok purchase, but after only a couple of months we realised it is not a good hoover at all, not worth the price definitely! It would pick up dirt in one place and release it again once you switched it off, just to give you an example, and it wouldn't pick up everything...And the main brush stopped working altogether. According to Morphy Richards you should empty the filter after every use, and clean it thouroughly...Basically for it to "never lose suction" you would need to "hoover" your hoover every time you use it. I definitely regret buying this hoover, which wasn't even cheap! And although Morphy Richards promises you can return the products within a year if they stop working, we couldn't return it and have a refund because we bought it through Amazon from a third party, who just gave us the contact details for MR and didn't even consider giving us a refund. If I had bought it directly from Morphy Richards not only would I probably have paid less, but apparently I might even have got my money back as it stopped working. The only good thing is that Morphy Richards did send us a replacement brush under warranty and they did offer advice, so they were helpful.
I have now bought a Miele from Currys (not trusting Amazon third parties again for this kind of purchases), one of the models with bags, great hoover and not that much more expensive as it was on offer! And having bags means I don't have to do a lot of maintenance to my hoover.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 Jun. 2013
definitely the best hoover I have ever had, would recommend to anyone. very light and easy to use with amazing suction.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't see how it could be any better, 24 Oct. 2013
This replaced our ageing Dyson. Before using it for the first time we vacuumed the lounge carpet with the Dyson then we repeated with this one and almost filled the canister! In fairness, the performance boost is probably down to the Dyson's rotating brushes being worn after 5 years' use, however, the Morphy Richards scores higher on a number of points. It is lighter and therefore easier to maneuver. In 'lift away canister mode' it functions like a hand-held, battery-powered cleaner but with the suction force of a mains-powered unit. A Dyson costs more than twice as much.

The owner's manual booklet is one of the best, most clearly-written set of instructions I have seen.
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but this Morphy Richards comes with a 5-year guarantee, you just have to register it on their website. Details are on the back page of the booklet.

Cleaning the filters is simple, they are easy to access. The Hepa filter should be cleaned every 3 months and Morphy Richards recommend that the pre-motor filters are cleaned after each emptying of the canister. These are squeezed under cold running water then left to dry naturally, in our case overnight.

Having only recently purchased the cleaner I can't comment on its long-term reliability but the 5-year warranty indicates the manufacturer's confidence.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyers beware., 10 Jan. 2014
A. Stevenson (UK) - See all my reviews

- you CANNOT buy a replacement belt for this vacuum!

I've had many vacuum cleaners over the years and had to replace belts several times, and I think many people are aware how often they can fail. I've searched on-line for replacement belts thinking that it only related to the 73411 model but I'm more than a bit concerned that this model may be haunted by the same glaring issue.

The review in question:
Morphy Richards 73411 Never Loses Suction Family and Pets Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

Hopefully users of this vacuum have a good experience and the belt lasts a long time, or they are able to buy replacements. If not, hopefully raising awareness will prompt Morphy Richards.

Edit: Despite my reticence I have bitten the bullet and bought one, although I will be extra cautious about using it around anything that might potentially jam it (like fringes at the edge of mats, etc).