on 21 February 2015
So before Christmas I became the proud owner of a new PC which I built from parts. Slight error on my part that I didn't realise my old DVD drives were all IDE and my new motherboard wouldn't support it.

Anxious that I wouldn't be able to install my OS, I looked on Amazon on my iPad and found this guy.

Windows installed without a hitch, first thing I did was to get back onto YouTube and watch some cat videos - much cuter on my 24" monitor than on my iPad.
on 24 January 2014
I have already reviewed this seller / product. However just in case : The product was purchased after inquiries on Amazon as to it's compatibility with my PC I had numerous replies which stated in the affirmative, thanks to all.
Re the product it is fitted and working very well.
The delivery time was quicker than the estimated time exceeding my expectations.
I had a technical query and rang the seller AWD - IT, Richard in sales answered and was very polite and extremely helpful.
During fitting I had another query re SATA connections in my PC this time I was helped by an IT technician showing the same courtesy and patience as Richard.
All in all a good buying experience, it's very refreshing these days to encounter a service that is both polite, helpful and that goes the extra mile. I would unreservedly recommend buying from this company.
on 31 December 2013
This DVD-RW Drive by Asus does exactly what you'd expect it to do. My only real issue with this drive it that it's loud. Very loud. I found it very difficult to focus on audio from the computer while this was buzzing in my ear. I only needed a disc drive for the occasional installation, so that wasn't much of a problem.

It also comes with some free Cloud Storage, which seemed pointless but still a nice addition.
on 29 September 2014
only just put this in my rig although owning for ages lol .. it works very well and has not had a bad burn yet . its just a bit more expensive than some but only by a few pounds and its worth that few extra pounds :D
on 7 March 2014
There was no software, no screws and no installation guide in the envelope. Tested the drive with another burning software and it's great. Highly recommended! Thanks to amazon.co.uk for the excellent customer support, that promptly solved the issue although the drive was not sold by them.
on 2 July 2014
Delivery and packaging was good, well padded and safe.

Installation was pretty straight forward till it came to putting the screws in, for some reason one of the screws was constantly cross threading, no matter what I tried, in the end it broke, inside the DVD drive, luckily I still should be able to get it ou, but I wouldn't expect such poor quality screws from an asus product.
ALSO the body behind the "fascia" of the dvd drive, is light grey, not black, like the picture shows, so a bit misleading there, dissapointing especially if you have mesh on the top of your case.

It works well and fast, a bit noisy when being used at full speed but what do you expect.

If you are looking for a DVD-RW drive this is as good as any.
on 23 July 2014
No much to say really, it's a CD Drive. It works and did a clean OS install for me. Easy to physically install and doesn't sound like your chainsawing a tree down when it reads a disk. The front of the product is pretty much black, and isn't like a greyish colours like all the other ones, so blends into the front off my case well, Thanks ASUS!
on 17 November 2015
Came wrapped in a bag, so did not include software or screws. It's a lot quieter than what some people claim to be loud. Maybe i've had loud DVD Writers, which is why this may seem quieter. It's working. The only problem i've had is when I burn dvd to dvd, which might be my pc, so not too sure. It basically stops half way through copying. But burning from pc to this dvd-writer works fine
on 12 March 2015
Works very well and is recognised by windows and my bios so it was a case of plug in and play really. I didn't have a disk but I have heard you can get the burning software as a download but as that is not what I wanted it for I was happy to just use it as a normal disk drive. Looks good and have had no problems installing windows onto a new system with it.
on 11 April 2015
reliable drives i have a few and none have failed so far used mainly for disc loading for my music library and odd game load they lasted me a year of loading music off cd's a few hours per night so an all round good drive with respectable speeds and fairly hard wearing for the price