on 21 February 2015
So before Christmas I became the proud owner of a new PC which I built from parts. Slight error on my part that I didn't realise my old DVD drives were all IDE and my new motherboard wouldn't support it.

Anxious that I wouldn't be able to install my OS, I looked on Amazon on my iPad and found this guy.

Windows installed without a hitch, first thing I did was to get back onto YouTube and watch some cat videos - much cuter on my 24" monitor than on my iPad.
on 31 December 2013
This DVD-RW Drive by Asus does exactly what you'd expect it to do. My only real issue with this drive it that it's loud. Very loud. I found it very difficult to focus on audio from the computer while this was buzzing in my ear. I only needed a disc drive for the occasional installation, so that wasn't much of a problem.

It also comes with some free Cloud Storage, which seemed pointless but still a nice addition.
on 24 January 2014
I have already reviewed this seller / product. However just in case : The product was purchased after inquiries on Amazon as to it's compatibility with my PC I had numerous replies which stated in the affirmative, thanks to all.
Re the product it is fitted and working very well.
The delivery time was quicker than the estimated time exceeding my expectations.
I had a technical query and rang the seller AWD - IT, Richard in sales answered and was very polite and extremely helpful.
During fitting I had another query re SATA connections in my PC this time I was helped by an IT technician showing the same courtesy and patience as Richard.
All in all a good buying experience, it's very refreshing these days to encounter a service that is both polite, helpful and that goes the extra mile. I would unreservedly recommend buying from this company.
on 2 July 2014
Delivery and packaging was good, well padded and safe.

Installation was pretty straight forward till it came to putting the screws in, for some reason one of the screws was constantly cross threading, no matter what I tried, in the end it broke, inside the DVD drive, luckily I still should be able to get it ou, but I wouldn't expect such poor quality screws from an asus product.
ALSO the body behind the "fascia" of the dvd drive, is light grey, not black, like the picture shows, so a bit misleading there, dissapointing especially if you have mesh on the top of your case.

It works well and fast, a bit noisy when being used at full speed but what do you expect.

If you are looking for a DVD-RW drive this is as good as any.
on 7 March 2014
There was no software, no screws and no installation guide in the envelope. Tested the drive with another burning software and it's great. Highly recommended! Thanks to amazon.co.uk for the excellent customer support, that promptly solved the issue although the drive was not sold by them.
on 29 September 2014
only just put this in my rig although owning for ages lol .. it works very well and has not had a bad burn yet . its just a bit more expensive than some but only by a few pounds and its worth that few extra pounds :D
on 23 July 2014
No much to say really, it's a CD Drive. It works and did a clean OS install for me. Easy to physically install and doesn't sound like your chainsawing a tree down when it reads a disk. The front of the product is pretty much black, and isn't like a greyish colours like all the other ones, so blends into the front off my case well, Thanks ASUS!
on 27 December 2013
Writer works fine and does all it's suppose to do, but is VERY loud... Even when the disc is not in use, it spins randomly and makes alot of noise.
on 30 April 2014
Even with the correct drivers installed tho it only writes at 12x speed in all burning programs (6 tested inc the windows built in one) - But tbh i would have used this speed anyway. So i am not that bothered. but i sort of am too.
Every now and then you hear it powering down. but you dont realised its on beforehand.

its a little noisy when burning tbh, compared to others i have heard.

but it looks very smart. and compliments my budget, yet cool trendy modern pc.

happy with this product, and would recommend it too.

i do like asus tho.

its a brand i have never had a bad experience with.

Asus/Acer/Zalman/Corsair/Gigabyte all my "safe" brands
on 15 November 2014
Its a good product and works perfectly but the picture shows that the whole thing is black but only the front panel is black the rest is silver. won't affect performance and you can't see it once its in the case.