5.0 out of 5 stars Burning Again
I have already reviewed this seller / product. However just in case : The product was purchased after inquiries on Amazon as to it's compatibility with my PC I had numerous replies which stated in the affirmative, thanks to all.
Re the product it is fitted and working very well.
The delivery time was quicker than the estimated time exceeding my...
Published 7 months ago by Frank B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good item in general
Writer works fine and does all it's suppose to do, but is VERY loud... Even when the disc is not in use, it spins randomly and makes alot of noise.
Published 8 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning Again, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Asus DVD-RW Drive (DRW-24F1ST, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc Encryption II) (Accessory)
Re the product it is fitted and working very well.
The delivery time was quicker than the estimated time exceeding my expectations.
I had a technical query and rang the seller AWD - IT, Richard in sales answered and was very polite and extremely helpful.
During fitting I had another query re SATA connections in my PC this time I was helped by an IT technician showing the same courtesy and patience as Richard.
All in all a good buying experience, it's very refreshing these days to encounter a service that is both polite, helpful and that goes the extra mile. I would unreservedly recommend buying from this company.

4.0 out of 5 stars I received the bulk version (only the drive), 7 Mar 2014
There was no software, no screws and no installation guide in the envelope. Tested the drive with another burning software and it's great. Highly recommended! Thanks to amazon.co.uk for the excellent customer support, that promptly solved the issue although the drive was not sold by them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good item in general, 27 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for the price., 28 Aug 2014
Great Drive. Bought it just to install all the drivers for my new PC, did the job just fine. The sound was fine, infact it sounded quite smooth, then when it started installing from the CD the noise to pick up quite a bit... But seen as though you don't have it running the whole time, it's not a problem. I received more than expected, was expecting just an OEM disk drive in a cardboard box, but got a fully retailed box with hardware installation CD and manual. Mount screw were also included but didn't require them in my case; not a bad looking drive either, i have quite a high end gorgeous case and didn't want to spoil it by an awful disc drive but it looks quite nice in my case...
I don't understand why the picture shows full black, when even the Asus website specification shows silver... Not a problem, but slightly misleading for some people...

4.0 out of 5 stars good drive - ware is the rest of it?, 23 July 2014
I don't need or use an optical drive on my system - however I needed to reinstall OS and my old, dust covered usb one drive has finally packed up.

Ordered yesterday afternoon - arived this morning. Unplugged a spare sata2 to wire this in and it just worked flawlessly.

Quick, quiet enough, works and super cheep.

Already back in its bubble wrap till next time

I would give it 5 stars but it came with no leads, disk, instructions and what ever else its suposed to come with. Not really a problem as I don't need or want all that anyway but some people might....

Anyway - sorted out all my problems with the minimum of fuss so that's good enough for me.

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus DVD-Drive (DRW-241ST, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc..., 7 July 2014
This optical drive is what I have been Searching for.Even though the idea is not original the motherboard,case,optical drives are all made by the same company which I am trying to put together and see if it will work.My project idea is exactly that I hope I can pull it off.But in other words it arrived on time the package that it came in was strong enough to keep it safe so job well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, 23 July 2014
No much to say really, it's a CD Drive. It works and did a clean OS install for me. Easy to physically install and doesn't sound like your chainsawing a tree down when it reads a disk. The front of the product is pretty much black, and isn't like a greyish colours like all the other ones, so blends into the front off my case well, Thanks ASUS!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, no problems yet., 22 Dec 2013
Installed without any issues, it works and I can install programs and games. This is also one reason not to buy the Crapple iMac, it doesn't sport an optical drive. Im a PC person and I need a real computer, not some fisher price locked down system.

The actual chassis is grey, I wish this could be a neutral black, the front panel is black though.
Its speed is relatively fast compared to previous optical drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 4 July 2014