4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful
Helpful and interesting. A must read if you are thinking about publishing an e-book. Explains it very well in simple easy to understand lauguage. Quite a good way to make money.
Published 11 months ago by D. Frost

3.0 out of 5 stars How to buck the system?
First, I have to point out that this book was a free download via a link on Facebook. I would not otherwise have bothered with it and would have felt slightly cheated had I paid as I am interested in writing fiction.

Published 9 months ago by William J. Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars How to buck the system?, 7 July 2013
William J. Fox "KillerBill" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Write a Book This Weekend, Even If You Flunked English Like I Did (Kindle Edition)

Second, I don't think Vic emphasises enough that the best way to write a book IS TO WRITE A BOOK. I have read other "how to write" books in the past that have also missed this minor point.

Third, this guide is not really for writers of fiction, especially if you want to get a paper version out there. Vic does offer some interesting views on how to get short ebooks out there but you still have to write it. I have no interest in dictating either for myself or someone else to type up. It may work for him but my own method is to write the first draft first, get it finished and then start tidying it up. Too many people start the rewrite before they have finished (including myself) and never get a final version before they lose interest. As is often pointed out by published authors, writing is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration.

Good for what it is and good if it is what you need. Vic didn't really tell me much that was new and spent a lot of time promoting himself. A really good book will do that for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short, inspiring, but lightweight and low morals, 19 Aug 2013
What I like about this book is that it makes you feel empowered to do this - to write a non-fiction book using a simple model. Most of it is clearly written, but some more technical bits were very poorly explained, and another book on the same subject explained them much better. It's not very long and is more about the general idea of writing non-fiction books for profit, especially how-to books. I think it's a little overpriced, since it's quite short, but I don't really resent 2. What has really annoyed me, though, is that it says they welcome emails about any errors/typos we find in the book, and requests that we email them if we find any (it gives the address to email). It says that if it's a new one nobody else has found that they send a free gift as a thank you. I found two errors and emailed them, and have heard nothing after about 2 weeks. I realised shortly after doing so that I had perhaps been naive - they probably included errors intentionally so that people would email them and they can now use our email addresses for spam. Today I received my first spam from them. I think this is a pretty low tactic and my respect for this publisher has fallen to zero.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 26 April 2013
D. Frost "D.C.Frost" (York, North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing book, not a bad read, 3 May 2013
I like this book and if as the author claims, it was written in a weekend he did well with the accomplishment. The fact that he flunked English is evident but the writing style, while lacking some depth does not lack flair. The book appears to be a self-promotional tool for additional courses and materials that the author offers and here are numerous references to Hesse within the book itself. This is what I disliked to some extent as hen reading I don't particularly want to be quite so blatantly sold to.
That's a personal preference and the author clearly has some bragging rights as it does appear he is as successful as he claims to be and as be has what looks like a business method based around ebook cation and resale then who a. I to fault him for what he clearly does very well.
The book itself is filled with...... Well filler and the actual core methods he uses to write at speed are in all honesty nothing new but he does package it well and it's an enjoyable read so again, the is nothing that can be too detrimental in terms of the review.
It has started me on the journey to looking at further books within the field so it's n entry level light read that can be a starting point for deeper exploration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 26 Dec 2013
I liked this book. But it is a bit misleading as he leaves out all the bit about preparation which after all is part of writing the book. But the ideas in it are brilliant. I am currently writing my second book and this one gives some good tips, particularly the one about recording and getting someone else to do the writing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 21 Sep 2013
This is a good book for anyone wanting to start writing, whether is fiction or not. very useful tips included.

4.0 out of 5 stars clever thinking, 27 May 2013
A different way of looking at a problem, the problem of getting a book 'out there' in the shortest possible time. Should be fun.

ARRAY(0xb280303c)