5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Just what I was hoping for and a great follow on from the last series of books can't wait to read the next.
Published 17 months ago by kate bullock

3.0 out of 5 stars Hero redeemed himself
Warning/Spoilers alert******************

I was going into this book with no expectations and I was surprised how much I liked it in the end!

Published 2 months ago by Blackmagic

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Heart Of The Billionaire (The Billionaire's Obsession, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 22 Nov 2013
So great that you get to see how Sam does in the world of love. You first read about Sam in the books about his brother Simon. You know that he has secret and you want to learn more. These books are sexy and fresh and make you want to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam and Maddie's tale of love lost, love found beats Simon and Kara's, IMHO., 23 Mar 2013
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This tale features Sam and Maddie, side characters from JSS's Billionaire's Obsession series, and for me, actually trumps the main tales. I'm not knocking Simon and Kara's romance in any way, but I'm a sucker for tales of love lost, love found, and this one certainly delivers, and with an added bonus.

You don't have to read the other tales to be able to enjoy this one, but as Sam featured in them a fair bit, and Maddie to a lesser degree, for the best reading experience, I'd recommend reading the first four, then this one; also, part of this tale runs concurrently with one book in the BO series.

In the BO tales, Sam came across as a bit of a cad, and I actually quite disliked him at the start. He did seem to redeem himself a bit towards the end, and I'd kind of started to like him a little bit, but not too much, as I knew that he'd done something in the past to hurt Maddie Reynolds, Kara's best friend. And yes, he did, and it was an awful thing to do and both his and Maddie's lives were changed by his actions. However, without spoiling this tale, I can honestly say that Sam utterly, utterly redeems himself and more.

It's a longer tale than the BO books, and it needed to be, as Sam and Maddie had spent years apart, each regretting their lost love, but neither of them ever allowing themselves to dream of being together again, until Simon and Kara's romance and wedding (featured in this tale, bonus!) brought them together. Some of the tale is hard to read, as both characters went through some really painful personal experiences, but that simply made their reunion even more poignant and more real.

Add in JS Scott's trademark sex scenes, which were hot, naughty and sexy, but at the same time, emotional and healing for both characters, and the HEA she wrote for this couple, and this is a 5* Keeper of a tale. At the moment, for me, this is the best tale in in her 'The Billionaire's...' series, but watch out for a certain character who makes an appearance in this tale, and whose own story is due out in Summer 2013, as that has 'heartstrings' written all over it!

Disclaimer: I'm a beta reader for this author, but no money was offered or requested for this review, which is entirely my own. If in doubt, please note that I purchased my own copy of this tale - it's that good - and please see my previous reviews of her works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 19 Aug 2013
Lindsey Mortimer "linzi" (england) - See all my reviews
I e ed these booked only thing that was annoying is how much they kept telling eAch over how much they love each other

5.0 out of 5 stars A ROMANTIC READ, 24 Mar 2013
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Sam and Maddie were first introduced in The Billionaire's Obsession: The Complete Collection Boxed Set (Mine For Tonight, Mine For Now, Mine Forever, Mine Completely). It was obvious reading that series, that there was history between Maddie and Sam. Not good history either.

This is their story beautifully written as usual by this author. The prologue lays out this couples history, and the reason for Maddie's dislike and distrust of Sam Hudson. Maddie is not happy to be around Sam, but as her best friend Kara is connected to Simon, Sam's younger brother, meeting with Sam is becoming unavoidable. Sam and Simon are two of the richest men in the world running their own large company.

Maddie is a doctor, and works for free at a clinic for the poor. Staying late at night at the clinic still working. Alerted to this situation as his brother has installed the security on the building, Sam decides to pay Maddie a visit, he's not happy she's there after dark. As the clinic is located in an unsavoury area. When he enters he finds Maddie asleep at her desk. Unable to rouse her he carries out out to his car, and takes her home. But not to her home, his! He puts the still sleeping Maddie in his bed, and climbs in with her. He knows what her reaction will be when she wakes. But he's decided he wants her, he always has, and he's waited long enough. But how will Maddie react in the morning.

Another great read from this author. I liked the tension between Sam and Maddie. It was a slow burn. The love scenes while hot, I thought were not quite as erotic, as I would normally expect from this author. But they were more passionate and sensuous this time round. That really worked here with this couple, considering their past history. Kara and Simon are also featured, as well as a new and interesting character called Max. He gets his own story next. A recommended read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hero redeemed himself, 12 Sep 2014
Warning/Spoilers alert******************

There was one scenario that I am always "very cautious" to read..[possible cheating...we are told there was some ugly past between both characters in the previous book, but we only find out in this book... Maddie catches the hero in a heated embrace kissing another woman that turned out to be his co-worker on a undercover case that could threaten Maddie and so he had to find a way to push her away and he did that's for sure! (hide spoiler)] I had to admit my initial reaction to the supposed heroes motivations that led to that scene was somewhat difficult to digest...YES we have been given reasons to justify it, but it did not help to feel comfortable and had a hard time continuing reading it especially feeling the excruciating pain Maggie had to endure on a daily basis was not a fan thing to read. Eventually my strong feeling of justice has won me over and I desperately wanted Maggie to be compensated for the wrongs that has been committed upon her and I was wondering how the author is going to achieve that?

She did puled it of just enough to change my original discomfort into a comfort zone...I believe Sam was suffering as much as Maggie it was not just Maggie that struggled aftermath but him also paid a price for what he believed was a "right thing to do" at the time....Its always a welcome thing when my hero is all caveman, possessive and protective, insistent and persistent....he went after what he wanted and that was the right path to redemption! I don't like passive and indecisive heroes that cannot make up their minds on what they really wanted and are not strong enough to go after their loved ones, but here the hero really shined through with his determination to win over the woman he loves and it was believable enough to make me want to like him and the book after all!

3.0 out of 5 stars read straight after reading the billionaires obsession, 15 Dec 2013
I read this book straight after reading the billionaires obsession and to be honest i thought it was just ok!! reason being the story is exactly the same as the billionaires obsession.... Sam's insecuritis are pretty much the same as Simon's.... I feel a bit cheated to be honest.... even some of the lines were the same for eg... "omg have i honestly not told her i loved her" exactly the same as his brothers relationship as well..... Sorry, but think you could of tried to make him a bit different from his brother...

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 1 Jan 2014
david brennan (catterick.garrison) - See all my reviews
Have really enjoyed the books I have read so far. Looking forward to reading no 3. Which I have just downloaded . Keep up the great work. X

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart of the billionaire, 30 Nov 2013
Brilliant have to read the next book. Very heart wrenching and I couldn't wait to read it all. Would recommend this book and the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars heart of a billionaire, 23 Dec 2013
Loved all these books so far and this one certainly had me wrapped up in their world .waiting for more from the billionaire saga.