5.0 out of 5 stars Hugh-ge fan
Published 17 months ago by Andromeda Descendent

3.0 out of 5 stars Unexciting
Hugh Laurie's first album was full of excitement. Each track could have been a single. Unfortunatelt this free track does not tempt me to invest in his new offering. It's ok but not memorable. Sorry Hugh. I so wanted to be swept up in the blues with you.
Published 16 months ago by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Unexciting, 29 April 2013
Linda (Chesterfield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Sings the Blues but does he feel them?, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
Good musician's but for me Hugh's voice is a little to affectatious.
I would have enjoyed it much more if he sang it in his real voice rather than an actors.

3.0 out of 5 stars Please Mr Music, won't you play?, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
For all his polymathic talent, I still can't take Hugh Laurie seriously as a blues musician. I keep expecting him to burst into mouth trumpet and for Stephen Fry to round each song off with 'soupy twist!'.

I'm sad that Hugh's genius as a British comic actor seems to have been lost to more serious diversions in music and TV, both with a rather dubious American accent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugh-ge fan, 28 Mar 2013
Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
I really recommend Hugh's album Let Them Talk, but if this is your introduction to him, and maybe even to this style of blues, you may not be as taken with it as you would be with some of his other tracks. I'm not knocking this song, but it follows a fairly standard blues template and I'd bet money that some of you could stop the record quarter of the way in and predict the structure of the rest of it pretty accurately. It's not a criticism, just something you need to understand.

I actually like this track, and am looking forward to his upcoming new album, which I have pre-ordered the special edition of, but would recommend to anyone who was curious enough to download this free track that you also listen to some snippets from his first album and you'll get a better idea of the breadth and variation of blues songs that Hugh covers and covers so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugh Is Back, 26 Mar 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
Here we are given a track from Hugh Laurie's new album Didn't It Rain. Of course we are once again back in the world of the Blues with Hugh giving us his best as usual, also there is harmonica playing on this (Blues always sounds better with a good old harmonica). A great track to listen to, and I am sure loads of us will be downloading this track, and then buying the new album. Also, just to remind fans, he is currently on tour in this country, and that the new album follows the Blues story out of the South, and through the rest of the country.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
I listened to Muddy Waters and Little Walter and then to this; musically competent but this white man can't sing the blues and someone should have a quiet word in his ear. I'm not an anglo-blues-phobic, jack bruce, paul rodgers and van can do it but if what hugh laurie is doing is blues its pretty shallow stuff. Who you might recommend this to? Someone who thinks Magic Sam is a support act for Paul Daniels?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
gteat

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
Good buy I listen to /play it quite often good value for money, probably recommend it to friends.
regards
Kookie

3.0 out of 5 stars music, 17 Dec 2013
Brian (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
it's good blues...all blues music is good...but it needed to be longer with more of the skills of Hugh shown..

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Louisiana Blues (MP3 Download)
I know he is passionate about the blues and this is an OK attempt at something. It's OK to listen to

Louisiana Blues